ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza

Jun 4, 2001
Just my opinion on the whole thing. We have 16 season tickets to football. Guys and gals I love football, therefore I am not giving up my tickets and deprive myself of my fun partying with friends and watching football on game day. BUT........I sure would like to empty lines for the pizza concession stands while I am standing in line getting a beer!!

JUST SAYN!

Just my opinion on the whole thing. We have 16 season tickets to football. Guys and gals I love football, therefore I am not giving up my tickets and deprive myself of my fun partying with friends and watching football on game day. BUT........I sure would like to empty lines for the pizza concession stands while I am standing in line getting a beer!!

JUST SAYN!

Now that’s a protest I can get behind. If we boycott the Pizza mans pizza at the normal outlet he won’t even feel a dent. However if we stop buying pizza at Cardinal Stadium and the Yum well that would make a point. Plus the Pizza is horrible anyway.,

JUST SAYN!

Like you I’m not giving on UofL sports for some UK board. Not happening but pizza oh yeah!

Papa Johns is probably the worst chain pizza you can eat, hell even Pizza Hut is better. If you are eating chain pizza you are really depriving yourself of some excellent local fare-Impelllizeris is some of the best pizza anywhere. The Mama Bearnos is really good-and honestly if you are going to get take out you should just go to Papa Murphys' and get the carry out heat and eat-at least the ingredients are fresh. I stick with the Ehrlers ice cream or cheese steak stands at the stadium-and they used to have BBC beer, not sure if it is even available anymore.

I like Papa Johns...but I like all pizza.

Speaking of Papa Murphy's I've never understood it...I mean, I would get the appeal if its cheaper, because you actually have to take the time to heat it yourself..but it isn't. I mean their pizzas are basically the same price or more expensive than the other places.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I like Papa Johns (haven't met the pizza I don't like yet), but if you're looking at a basic cheap chain pizza with locations everywhere, Dominos has really upped their game in recent years. The seasoning they put on their crust now is like crack to me. Right now, Mellow Mushroom or Bearno's probably leads the voting in my book. I also don't get the appeal of Papa Murphy's BTW. You pay the same or more for pizza you have to cook yourself?

I like Papa Johns (haven't met the pizza I don't like yet), but if you're looking at a basic cheap chain pizza with locations everywhere, Dominos has really upped their game in recent years. The seasoning they put on their crust now is like crack to me. Right now, Mellow Mushroom or Bearno's probably leads the voting in my book. I also don't get the appeal of Papa Murphy's BTW. You pay the same or more for pizza you have to cook yourself?

I agree, when they rebranded themselves a few years ago they really upped their game. They went from arguably the worst of the major chains to maybe the best.

Yeah thats exactly what you do with Papa Murphys...I've had it before, but its been a while but I don't remember it being especially great either.

OK, let me defend Papa Murphy's... Try ordering their thin crust XLNY in the "family size" for $9 and, before the weather gets too much colder, bake it on your grill with a pizza stone. Careful not to overdo it if you haven't "grilled" one before--keep checking the bottom of the crust after 10-15 minutes. Really good when done right.

Also, as far as value, order one of their stuffed pizzas on Tuesdays for $10. You can probably feed five people with one, must weigh over five pounds. Again, grilled is best IMO...

PJ pizza = ass, with scrotum topping. Add to that the fact that each pie, before toppings are applied, have some hand rubbed taint jam to keep it from being too dry. If you can eat that shat you are one tough hombre’.

Reactions: Niterider55
PJ pizza = ass, with scrotum topping. Add to that the fact that each pie, before toppings are applied, have some hand rubbed taint jam to keep it from being too dry. If you can eat that shat you are one tough hombre’.
I'm sorry...I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. Are you saying Papa John's is NOT your favorite? :p

Reactions: PervisTheGreat

JUST SAYN!
Sounds like somebody's never been to the party deck and had any fun.

The stadium food is for the late arrivals or parents who either couldn’t get to a tailgate or didn’t have time to eat beforehand. I guarantee you my tailgate food is better than anything you can get at the stadium by a freaking mile-its a pride thing for me. I don’t do pizza in a parking lot but my wifes breakfast casserole and sliders are the bomb. I forgot the Post pizza-its excellent if you like New York style. Man I just love good food.

I went to Gatti's in Clarksville over the weekend, as the only Gatti's options in Louisville are on Dixie and in Okolona, just too damn far from my house. When I walked into that place, it was like I was walking into 1987. A time warp! It was great.

I went to Gatti's in Clarksville over the weekend, as the only Gatti's options in Louisville are on Dixie and in Okolona, just too damn far from my house. When I walked into that place, it was like I was walking into 1987. A time warp! It was great.
We have one in Brandenburg. I don't see or hear a lot of positive feedback about Gatti's, but the one in Brandenburg keeps up a really good daily buffet.

We have one in Brandenburg. I don't see or hear a lot of positive feedback about Gatti's, but the one in Brandenburg keeps up a really good daily buffet.

Yeah, it's good, not great. A value oriented pizza. The kids dig it, so the dad must abide.

Reactions: Steelers2012

JUST SAYN!
I unsubscribed to papa john's website and when it asked for a reason i put the reason as UOFL FAN.

ADVERTISEMENT