ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching possibilities vs.Florida

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Everybody and anybody but McKay?

Seriously,I think even Big Sam could see action if needed.

Thoughts?

I thought McClure has already been announced as the starting pitcher against Florida? Or are you just discussing who all will be available if needed?

It almost has to be McClure starting vs Florida. And Earsky's right IMO, it's anyone and everyone after that.

What's interesting to me is who we go with in middle relief if Kade gives us 5 or 6 innings. My guess is Jake Sparger then Adam Wolf.

What a luxury our bullpen is.

Yes,the latter,and mainly because Bordner pitched 3 innings Sunday.I guess there are different scenarios depending on how the game goes,because if we lose,we come back Thursday.If we're in control of the game,fighting to get the win(assuming McClure is spent)we don't play until Friday again,so we could even see Bennett.

It's gonna depend on the flow of the game,I know,but lots of interesting scenarios...

I think Sparger was sharp last out.He seems like the logical righty in middle relief.I am curious about CM going to Lincoln late,maybe to keep Big Sam's pitch count down.

The Nick Bennett angle is interesting and a bit of a gamble I know,nut McKay probably goes Friday,if we win,on 4 days rest.

Ideal situation would be McClure go 6 or 7 with Sparger/Wolf in relief. It's also not unthinkable to bring Henzman to close 1 inning. After that I'm not sure McDonnell doesn't pitch Bennett in our bracket championship in order to give Brendan full week of rest. If we win Wednesday we have to lose twice. An X factor could be Riley Thompson who has good stuff but can be wild.

Why? You like just basic tee shirt that Florida wears?

They did take the big L off the back of the thighs which I thought was weird.
I think Florida's uniforms look good. Wish Louisville would get rid of the pink stripe in the middle of the shirt

Nothin at all wrong with breast cancer awareness. Just think the uniforms could be better. I like pin strips too

Consider this. McClure has only given up 3 hits and has quite a few strikeouts. That's usually good enough to win or be in the ballgame. We have no offense but we are seeing what a dominating pitcher looks like.

True dat.

I thought Cade really had good stuff.If it gets back to him,I think he's strong again.

ADVERTISEMENT