ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele is out.....

Quick notes...Louisville 17th Overall Nationally and 3rd in the ACC Atlantic...QB Lamar Jackson 2nd Team All American behind USC QB Sam Darnold....CB Jaire Alexander 1st Team All American...Louisville to the Taxslayer Gator Bowl vs. Notre Dame...not sure that possible with ND as a Bowl opponent.

I may pick it up.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Last year Preseason 21st...

It's interesting to see him "sticking with" the Cards after they didn't perform to his projection last year, combined with some key losses going into next year.

I don't follow the sport close enough to know how teams perform the year following a collapse.

Any points of reference come to your mind?

It's interesting to see him "sticking with" the Cards after they didn't perform to his projection last year, combined with some key losses going into next year.

I don't follow the sport close enough to know how teams perform the year following a collapse.

Any points of reference come to your mind?

Actually he nailed Louisville last year...they finished 21st in the AP & 20th in the Coaches Poll. His analysis is all pretty much analytics

Glad you clarified that. When I read the subject heading, I thought, "He's out? Out of a job? Out of the closet? Out of things to write about?"

Phil Steele Conference Rankings from ESPN:

After plugging all the numbers into my computer, here are my projections for the toughest conference in 2017. Note that the Mountain West and MAC tied for the eighth-strongest conference.

1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Big Ten
4. Pac-12
5. Big 12
6. Independent
7. American
8. MAC
8. Mountain West
10. CUSA
11. Sun Belt

http://insider.espn.com/college-foo...ion-toughest-college-football-conference-2017

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT