ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino

It is time to bite the bullet and get a coach, who can coach at the SEC and ACC level. I told the wife earlier this year that we were not wasting our money on a bowl, because Bobby has lost ability to be prepared. I was right. He has lost his edge. Its time for change in the direction our football team is headed to.
1d7ro2.jpg

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Bobby Needs to realize he does not have a lifetime contract here if he does not fulfill his end of the bargain. Even before the downfall of Jurich, Bobby( and family) approached this job as though he is here for life If that is what he wants. He fails to realize that he has to be succesful against the big boys of college football if he wants to continue to receive that kind of a paycheck. His record speaks for itself this many years in to Bobby 2.0.

Reactions: wilkie01
It will be interesting to watch who the AD will end being. I think next year could be a rough year mainly because of the schedule. With Brohm at Purdue and if Tyra is AD the trigger maybe quicker.

Today, the Oline didn't hold up and Lamar was terrible throwing the ball. MSU has a really good defense, but the offense laid an egg in the 3rd quarter when they had a chance to put the game away.

You mean the guy who’s going first in the draft?

A very good defense just showed LJ were he stands as a “NFL” QB.

He needs to choose wisely.
Coming back to college would be the worst decision. Best news for him is that he’ll get to go to a team that really thinks he fits their scheme and will be able to learn their offense and grow - instead of being thrown directly into the fire.

He's definitely not going first in the draft. Not sure what he'd benefit from coming back but it definitely wouldnt HURT him to come back after that performance against the 2nd best defense we've played all season. The best defense we've played basically ended in the same result.

He's definitely not going first in the draft. Not sure what he'd benefit from coming back but it definitely wouldnt HURT him to come back after that performance against the 2nd best defense we've played all season. The best defense we've played basically ended in the same result.
He’s talking about Darnold.

He’s talking about Darnold.

Yeah I know. And it sucks that some talked bad about Darnold yesterday. Karma struck today. Jackson did not look any better and it's a QB loaded class.

One game doesn't define you, but this game should really make him think about coming back.

I’ve seen a lot of drafts and combines from afar as a fan.

He can kill it in the combine. Kill it.

And THEN you’ll hear “Yeah, but.....”

And there he will be. Lamar Jackson-ATHLETE.

Hope I’m wrong. But even if they say “We want you as a QB”, once he declares, and gets an agent....he’s theirs to do with what they please.

Remember Teddy? 1st Qb. High 1st Rd.

Then his hands were too small? WTF?

We’ll see.

Will be interesting to see if he interviews for any vacant jobs and/or if he moves on or stays.

I wonder what available programs have reached out to him, or will reach out to him. Could be none. Only takes the right one for him to leave.

Keep hearing he wants to stay here for life though.

Who knows?

If he returns maybe next year he produces a more balanced attack that incorporates more hand-offs to the game plan.

It will be interesting to watch who the AD will end being. I think next year could be a rough year mainly because of the schedule. With Brohm at Purdue and if Tyra is AD the trigger maybe quicker.

Today, the Oline didn't hold up and Lamar was terrible throwing the ball. MSU has a really good defense, but the offense laid an egg in the 3rd quarter when they had a chance to put the game away.
Don’t leave all the dropped passes by the receivers out!

I think Bobby was brought back as it was a relatively safe option considering the alternatives at the time (or at least one where the risks could be offset). We needed stability at the helm as we moved into the ACC, not a coach that would blow the doors off for 2-3 years then jump ship again.

Bobby has been exactly that without any of the upside (nor downside to his credit). We are an 8-5 or 9-4 team. That's it....it's all we are ever going to be with BP. 10-3 at our best and a 6-7 at our worst but there's the range, you can write it down. Last year was the golden year, got a Heisman, but that bump bump bump we all felt at the end of last year was the ceiling. He's lost a step on offense, still can't help on the defensive side, maybe a step better on recruiting (arguable considering other factors).

Circling back from my September discussion...we are what we are. Bobby 2.0 is continuing to perform as expected. We can ride this out and see how the development of recruits comes along but no indications yet of there being positive progress in the field. I go back to my original thought, i'll give Bobby till the 8 year mark but he's not yet shown me that we couldn't go out and grab someone else with potentially more upside. Given he is serious on wanting to coach here for life...then we can be patient.

I mean it MIGHT help if we didnt throw it 4 times directly to the defender.

I might agree with this statement if we had a O-line that was good, but LJ was running for his life much of the time That said he still wasn’t good when he had time to throw. Not particularly convinced he’s getting the quality coaching that he needs.

Don’t leave all the dropped passes by the receivers out!

And missed FG. It was a complete implosion. Not good!

Just look at some of the QB's starting in the NFL today. I could name a few teams that Lamar is head and shoulders above the guy they are trotting out now.

Lamar is not ready...if were try to go...I believe his value dropped significantly because if yesterday's performance. Petrino needs to go or he needs to revamp the staff. Hearms was not being there was a huge impact, because that QB wouldn't did what he did. Very selfish on Hearns part. We need a clean slate.

Correct me, if i'm wrong, but don't we open against Alabama in Atlantia in 2018? Our team ism not ready to play them,.

Our Athletic Dept is at the point I say “Whatever”.

If Petrino is going, go.

But 1-10 against ranked opps is not an impressive resume.

If you are watching some of these other games you will see the key area in which UofL is lacking top shelf quality is in the trenches. It doesn't really matter how great a skilled player is if there aren't big guys on both sides of the ball making a difference at the line of scrimmage.

In the past the Cards have shown an ability to have a few elite players on both sides, but until there is a large # of difference makers at those positions the Cards are going to be a cut below the top programs.

8 wins ain't bad given this roster. It's a hard pill to swallow for fans that are passionate, but sometimes you don't have the horses you think you have.

If you are watching some of these other games you will see the key area in which UofL is lacking top shelf quality is in the trenches. It doesn't really matter how great a skilled player is if there aren't big guys on both sides of the ball making a difference at the line of scrimmage.

In the past the Cards have shown an ability to have a few elite players on both sides, but until there is a large # of difference makers at those positions the Cards are going to be a cut below the top programs.

8 wins ain't bad given this roster. It's a hard pill to swallow for fans that are passionate, but sometimes you don't have the horses you think you have.
An average to good OL that is disciplined (no penalties) can work provided there is someone who can call plays effectively. What you’ve gotta have to win big is a crazy good DL.

And depth.

Wish Fowler and Herbsteit could have done both games. joe tesitore sucks and a calls games like a sec sack hanger.

Transcedent talent at QB, opposing team loses its D coordinator and we can only manage 6 points in the 2nd half!...
He is now 1-10 against ranked opponents in round 2 at UofL. Not good enough coach.
It is time to bite the bullet and get a coach, who can coach at the SEC and ACC level...
Thankfully, message board posters don't get to make hire-and-fire decisions re. coaches. There's nothing wrong with Petrino's performance compared to the better P5 teams nationally. If anyone wants to reflect on a larger population of data for ALL teams, let me know...

Now that it looks like Alabama is on its way to win its sixth National Championship in nine years...UofL playing them now looks worse. Bobby 2.0 better get out there and get some players...better coordinators and a better game plan that he has had the last two seasons. I have back and forth on the Lamar question. After watching the different bowls, teams , etc....he needs to go. The reason, I don't think the is an offensive game plan to really exploit Lamar talent.if he had a hard nose RB and some receivers that could catch that damn ball. I think players for the draft is ridiculous. Yes, Hearns had surgery...but was it season ending?

Thankfully, message board posters don't get to make hire-and-fire decisions re. coaches. There's nothing wrong with Petrino's performance compared to the better P5 teams nationally. If anyone wants to reflect on a larger population of data for ALL teams, let me know...

I don’t remember saying Petrino should be fired. If you can find that, it would be noteworthy. One data point we can use is coaches compensation. I’d surmise that Perrino’s win percentage against ranked opponents isn’t in the same stratosphere as his compensation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT