ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino has a lot to answer for.

4 sacks to alabama and we surrendered 11 to Houston.

Sacks allowed we wete bottom 3 in the country.

So while you are trying to make a crusade against my name, i am speaking about our team.

No matter how you slice it, we are in dier straights with our offensive and defensive lines.

If it is not addressed we will have no improvement on an offensive line that only 2 other teams in football gave up less sacks.

Being in the bottom 3 of sacks allowed does not me happy.

Being in the bottom 3 of sacks allowed makes me question the coaching and personell.

Defensively, we can not pressure the qb unless we blitz. It wears our team out. We lack depth and blitzing every down our 4th quarter conditioning comes into question.

This team needs linemen if you want to acknowledge that or not.

If grantham and klenakis continue to ignore it, we will have an extremely bad season.

How you dont understand that baffles me.
I understand the deficiencies well - I'm just not in the habit of making hyperbolic and outlandish statements or coming to foolish conclusions in support of my position.

I guess my point is that there are a myriad of factors that go into things like how many sacks we give up or, how many sacks we get.

Is the play calling or QB objectives too one dimensional? Did the QB go through his progressions properly or miss open receivers? Are the receivers good enough to get open in a timely manner? Is the QB staying in the pocket / hanging on to the ball too long?

Are the DBs able to cover long enough to allow for pressure from the front 7? Are the DLmen staying in their lanes or allowing the QB to break contain? Is the opponent using short / intermediate routes to get the ball out quickly more often than not? Do they have a good run game that has to be respected?

Rather than understand this, you continue to prattle on myopically about one position group as if they are the only factor determining wins and losses.

BTW - Blitzing does not wear a defense out. Do you really think that it is that much harder to rush upfield than it is to cover a RB or TE down the field? What wears a defense out is a lack of quality depth and being on the field too long - it's why those really good Oregon teams could never win a championship - their offense never gave them a break.

BTW - I don't think 'dire' means what you think it means.

BTW - Blitzing does not wear a defense out. Do you really think that it is that much harder to rush upfield than it is to cover a RB or TE down the field? What wears a defense out is a lack of quality depth and being on the field too long - it's why those really good Oregon teams could never win a championship - their offense never gave them a break.
Please rewatch jameis winston and florida state abuse our blitz and come back and beat us. We do not have depth and the constant blitz to try to achieve pressure kills us to this very day.

Our players are worn out come 4th quarter.

We need serious help on out offensive and defensive lines and if that is ignored we will relive the cooper years.

Do you ever wonder how hood lamar could be if we had a competent line, used our running backs and incorporared a short passing game?

As i have been saying since the clemson game, we are an offensive line away from playing alabama monday night.

What are our linement doing to increase agility and latetal movement?

I would make the linemen have to watch film of their mistakes, then watch film of great linemen so technique can be imparted into them.

Without worldwind change in our linemen we will have an abysmal season.

But with quality coaching they could improve and at least stand up, run block and knock the guy in front of them down.

If you're in the habit of criticizing coaches like Pitino, Grantham, even Klenakis... Guys who are much more highly paid and regarded than, say, you are in their chosen professions... You're setting yourself up for problems.

I'm not saying those guys are above criticism or don't make mistakes. But when how bad our coaching is becomes your go-to move in thread after thread discussing U of L sports generally, well...

If you're in the habit of criticizing coaches like Pitino, Grantham, even Klenakis... Guys who are much more highly paid and regarded than, say, you are in their chosen professions... You're setting yourself up for problems.

I'm not saying those guys are above criticism or don't make mistakes. But when how bad our coaching is becomes your go-to move in thread after thread discussing U of L sports generally, well...
For about 3 years every post tou made was about bailout arena. So for you to toot your nose up at me for being pissed about our line play is puzzling.

I may be alone in looking at our offensive line and the stats and seeing our line as being a reason out season tailed off.

We gave up 47 sacks on the season. Had linemen falling down and blocking air as defenders ran past them.

I apologize that seeing that alarms me.

Ive never seen false start from a center until we committed the penalty over and over. Have not seen another team false start at center once.

You guys think everything is fine so maybe i just need to ignore stats and side with you.

Maybe we are not as atrocious as stats say we are. Maybe we will try using our running backs n the redzone.....

Maybe our defense will magically get pressure so.ehow without wearing our front out with grantham and his boner for the blitz.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
For about 3 years every post tou made was about bailout arena. So for you to toot your nose up at me for being pissed about our line play is puzzling...
Exaggeration and misrepresentation are strategies when you've lost an argument. Why not also say "all you post about is LPT"? As I like to conclude this subject, I can cover a lotta ground in thirty thousand posts.

But you're not denying my point...

Reactions: beasleythecard
Exaggeration and misrepresentation are strategies when you've lost an argument. Why not also say "all you post about is LPT"? As I like to conclude this subject, I can cover a lotta ground in thirty thousand posts.

But you're not denying my point...
I am a louisville fan. I posted facts and stats. The stats do not give promise to us having better line play next season without serious attention being given to linemen. Do you agree with that or no?

I am a louisville fan. I posted facts and stats. The stats do not give promise to us having better line play next season without serious attention being given to linemen. Do you agree with that or no?
That's kinda funny because you post with very little stats and facts. But you're in the weeds about the O-line. Your go-to move has also been to criticize Pitino and Grantham recently. Have you also posted stats about their teams/units?

Like I said, I might agree that our O-line play is an issue. But your approach to making that argument is completely flawed and mostly unsupported by "facts and stats" that make your point...

That's kinda funny because you post with very little stats and facts. But you're in the weeds about the O-line. Your go-to move has also been to criticize Pitino and Grantham recently. Have you also posted stats about their teams/units?

Like I said, I might agree that our O-line play is an issue. But your approach to making that argument is completely flawed and mostly unsupported by "facts and stats" that make your point...
128 teams in fbs. We are ranked as the 126th with our offensive line and the sacks we gave up this past season.

That makes us 3rd worst in the nation.

I hope you know that is a stat that you cant deny. And a stat that needs to be addressed or wear a ron cooper jersey to the football games.

Our lineplay is abysmal.

With subpar coaching from klenakis for 3 seasons and having his own guys, we gave up 47 sacks....

What do you see that gives you hope that our stats will improve and out line not slip even more to the worst in football and not just 3rd worst?

128 teams in fbs. We are ranked as the 126th with our offensive line and the sacks we gave up this past season.

That makes us 3rd worst in the nation.

I hope you know that is a stat that you cant deny. And a stat that needs to be addressed or wear a ron cooper jersey to the football games.

Our lineplay is abysmal.

With subpar coaching from klenakis for 3 seasons and having his own guys, we gave up 47 sacks....

What do you see that gives you hope that our stats will improve and out line not slip even more to the worst in football and not just 3rd worst?
And how do you PROVE all of that's on Klenakis? Esp. considering that this is a thread about Petrino...

And how do you PROVE all of that's on Klenakis? Esp. considering that this is a thread about Petrino...
You asked for a stat i gave you the most important one.
Petrino needs to answer for why he allows this guy so much rope.

If we ran a donut truck and i lost 47 truckloads of product and had no answer as to why....... You wouldnt want to partner with me in the dobut shop.....

Klenakis is coaching his own guys and is now in season 4.

Why cant he feild guys that can stand up?

Why cant his guys not simply block the guy in front of them?

What actions are we taking to reduce our sacks allowed.

Do you understand better now?

Please rewatch jameis winston and florida state abuse our blitz and come back and beat us. We do not have depth and the constant blitz to try to achieve pressure kills us to this very day. You're kidding right? You want to use use a three year old game as evidence that this year's defense is lacking?

Our players are worn out come 4th quarter. False generalization. The defense has been worn out in the 4th Q in some games - in some games not. As said previously this has a lot to do with what our offense is (or isn't) doing but, you are clearly unable to grasp that simple fact.

We need serious help on out offensive and defensive lines and if that is ignored we will relive the cooper years. As bad as our ending to this year was, it was 9-4 in the ACC. Ron Cooper didn't sniff that level of success (13-20) in C-USA. Dumb comments like this undercut any possibility of you being taken seriously.

Do you ever wonder how hood lamar could be if we had a competent line, used our running backs and incorporared a short passing game? Really good - that's why I and other posters have questioned the play calling by BP rather than being fixated on the OL.

As i have been saying since the clemson game, we are an offensive line away from playing alabama monday night. Yes, but you have been saying that all we needed was WKU's line to get there - another dumb comment.

What are our linement doing to increase agility and latetal movement? I have no idea - probably nothing.o_O

I would make the linemen have to watch film of their mistakes, then watch film of great linemen so technique can be imparted into them. Wait a minute - you'd have the football team watch film? What an innovator you are!

Without worldwind change in our linemen we will have an abysmal season. You need to stop using words like abysmal and dire as you don't know what they really mean.

But with quality coaching they could improve and at least stand up, run block and knock the guy in front of them down. Probably so - hope that BP figures that out.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
You asked for a stat i gave you the most important one.
Petrino needs to answer for why he allows this guy so much rope.

If we ran a donut truck and i lost 47 truckloads of product and had no answer as to why....... You wouldnt want to partner with me in the dobut shop.....

Klenakis is coaching his own guys and is now in season 4.

Why cant he feild guys that can stand up?

Why cant his guys not simply block the guy in front of them?

What actions are we taking to reduce our sacks allowed.

Do you understand better now?
Stats don't mean anything by themselves. It's about the conclusions. So who is it? Klenakis or Petrino? As I recall, you want someone fired...

Please rewatch jameis winston and florida state abuse our blitz and come back and beat us. We do not have depth and the constant blitz to try to achieve pressure kills us to this very day. You're kidding right? You want to use use a three year old game as evidence that this year's defense is lacking?

Our players are worn out come 4th quarter. False generalization. The defense has been worn out in the 4th Q in some games - in some games not. As said previously this has a lot to do with what our offense is (or isn't) doing but, you are clearly unable to grasp that simple fact.

We need serious help on out offensive and defensive lines and if that is ignored we will relive the cooper years. As bad as our ending to this year was, it was 9-4 in the ACC. Ron Cooper didn't sniff that level of success (13-20) in C-USA. Dumb comments like this undercut any possibility of you being taken seriously.

Do you ever wonder how hood lamar could be if we had a competent line, used our running backs and incorporared a short passing game? Really good - that's why I and other posters have questioned the play calling by BP rather than being fixated on the OL.

As i have been saying since the clemson game, we are an offensive line away from playing alabama monday night. Yes, but you have been saying that all we needed was WKU's line to get there - another dumb comment.

What are our linement doing to increase agility and latetal movement? I have no idea - probably nothing.o_O

I would make the linemen have to watch film of their mistakes, then watch film of great linemen so technique can be imparted into them. Wait a minute - you'd have the football team watch film? What an innovator you are!

Without worldwind change in our linemen we will have an abysmal season. You need to stop using words like abysmal and dire as you don't know what they really mean.

But with quality coaching they could improve and at least stand up, run block and knock the guy in front of them down. Probably so - hope that BP figures that out.

The only thing worse than debating a smart person, is debating a dumb one. The dumb ones never understand what the hell you are saying and cannot realize they have lost miserably.

Beasley, you are obviously a very big fan of U of L, just like the rest of us. Please quit being so dramatic and hyperbolic. You sound like Rick Pitino sometimes. Everyone understands the concerns, but we also understand that no one hates to lose more than CBP. I have serious questions about Klenakis. I wish CBP was a little more like he was the first go around from an attitude stand point. However, I expect he will get this figured out. The next 2 years are critical and we have the best coach that we can get at U of L. I am not going to lose sleep and let my blood pressure go crazy, at this point.

The only thing worse than debating a smart person, is debating a dumb one. The dumb ones never understand what the hell you are saying and cannot realize they have lost miserably.

Beasley, you are obviously a very big fan of U of L, just like the rest of us. Please quit being so dramatic and hyperbolic. You sound like Rick Pitino sometimes. Everyone understands the concerns, but we also understand that no one hates to lose more than CBP. I have serious questions about Klenakis. I wish CBP was a little more like he was the first go around from an attitude stand point. However, I expect he will get this figured out. The next 2 years are critical and we have the best coach that we can get at U of L. I am not going to lose sleep and let my blood pressure go crazy, at this point.

You touched on several points that are spot on and i agree that i also wish the sob bobby would show up.

And i also hope like you that things are addressed. We both believe they will.

Go Cards.

I think it's
UofL averaged more points, more total yards and, 75 more yards rushing per game (including the subtraction of the sack yardage) than WKU did. All while playing in the ACC - not C-USA.

I'm not knocking WKU or, praising our OL (or anyone on the offense short of LJ or Hikitini) but to suggest that WKU had a playoff championship caliber OL is simply an uninformed and goofy comment.

Btw, given that I don't know you, I don't dislike you. Perhaps if I did - I would but I will say your incessant need to belittle college kids for not achieving up to your standards - things that you couldn't accomplish in the wettest of your dreams - is annoying. I don't think I'm alone in that thought either FWIW.
the end of the year the people are concerned about. It's a trend. The stats are not nearly so good when you take out the early-season blowouts.

I think the SOB CBP is the guy who got fired at Arkansas. Maybe it's a package deal. Maybe he can't be tough Bobby without being lying, slimy Bobby. I think if that's really the choice, I'd rather have the guy we have now. Hopefully he can adjust his coaching to fit the man he seems to be now.

I think it's

the end of the year the people are concerned about. It's a trend. The stats are not nearly so good when you take out the early-season blowouts.
Some of us were baffled as to why we didnt develop depth in the early season. We have work to do on the lines. Cant hide that weakness any longer.

Is the play calling or QB objectives too one dimensional? Did the QB go through his progressions properly or miss open receivers? Are the receivers good enough to get open in a timely manner? Is the QB staying in the pocket / hanging on to the ball too long?
My contention all along.It's a group effort,to end up where we did.

Goals for next season should be to be in the top 25 in sacks allowed, penalties, and turnovers . If we have low numbers in all of those categories this year, we are in the playoffs. Penalties killed us against Clemson, Sacks and penalties against Houston, and turnovers against U.K.

Reactions: beasleythecard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT