ADVERTISEMENT

Payton Verhulst Named Naismith All-American

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
It's just a matter of time until the KFC YUM! Center becomes "Payton's Place".

The Atlanta Tipoff Club has released that University of Louisville women's basketball signee Payton Verhulst has been named a 2021 Jersey Mike's Naismith National High School All-American.

Verhulst was listed on the All-America Second Team, which places her among the top 10 high school players in the country. Earlier this season, she was named a McDonald's All-American.

Verhulst's Bishop Miege High School team (De Soto, KS) is ranked #1 in Kansas Division 4A Girls Basketball. Bishop Miege is 21-1 after beating Wamego 56-24 last night in the Class 4-A state quarterfinal game. The state semifinals will be held on Friday and Bishop Miege will play Andale in Salina, Kan., The title game is scheduled for Saturday at 6 p.m.

She was also a member of the 2019 USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team and collected MVP honors with them. Her sister Ashton, plays for Central Florida.

Jeff Walz on Verhulst:

“When the night’s over and you look at the stat sheet, she rebounds the ball, she can pass it, she scores, she’s got very good instincts on the defensive end of the floor.”

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Excited for her and Sydni Schetnan to come in next year and add their talents to a team that is already talented. She will be another fun player to watch and she is somebody our fans can be proud of on and off the court.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Man, am I privileged to be able to go to every home game live in person. I love watching out lady cards and can’t wait to see our recruits come in next year. As always, it’s going to be an exciting year. Let’s grab a championship first 😉

Reactions: WahooCard
I believe she is a guard. Might play the 3 though. Not sure what CJW’s plan is.

She’s a 6’1 1/2” guard she can drive the lane, create her own shot or shoot the 3.

I accidentally left out rebound she definitely jumps for the ball. You are right it will be a great backcourt with Payton and HVL.

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT