ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Johnson of Georgia Tech should be our next head coach...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
His record the last three years against Clemson and FSU is 2-2, which is .500 ball for the math challenged. :) And that's quite a bit better than Petrino's 1-6 record (0.143) against those teams over the same three years.

Johnson obviously runs a different scheme. I think the questions with Petrino is that the 2.0 version is inferior to 1.0, which is kinda in the same realm of criticism.

So, since this type of stat is all that matters, who's ready for the triple-option? Let's hire THAT GUY!...

I'm sticking with BP2..
At least a while longer.. However, If we lose to the slapdicks again this year, I reserve the right to change my mind..

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Zipp I prefer BP 2.0 !!!!!!!

This is a much better approach than the half-baked data set analysis thread that you threw out there.

Much better to just be ridiculous than trying a serious approach.

His record the last three years against Clemson and FSU is 2-2, which is .500 ball for the math challenged. :) And that's quite a bit better than Petrino's 1-6 record (0.143) against those teams over the same three years.

Johnson obviously runs a different scheme. I think the questions with Petrino is that the 2.0 version is inferior to 1.0, which is kinda in the same realm of criticism.

So, since this type of stat is all that matters, who's ready for the triple-option? Let's hire THAT GUY!...
Well, his team did also manhandle the UKay Mildcats last year.....so I see why you came up with PJ.

Good Call.;)

Well, his team did also manhandle the UKay Mildcats last year.....so I see why you came up with PJ.

Good Call.;)
Hey, I was thinking the same damn thing! We all know how unacceptable it is to ever lose a single game to slapd!cks since we absolutely MUST schedule them.

It must be wonderful being a Georgia Tech football fan where you can beat FSU and LPT, lose to Boston College, and all is well!!

Reactions: CardsFirst

strchw.gif

I know an old Ga Tech football player. He is friends with and played football at Tech with the new AD down there. He claims the new AD plans to get his own head coach for the football program in the near future.

Sorry, I already have Jeff Brohm penciled in.

Three yards and a cloud of dust.....REAL FOOTBALL!

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Dumbest thread ever. We will go 9-3 or 10-2 and sign the best class in football history on paper. So Yea I'm good with bobby

Yeah, then we could be everybody's "root canal". :)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Dumbest thread ever. We will go 9-3 or 10-2 and sign the best class in football history on paper. So Yea I'm good with bobby

Zipp is trolling the over-reactors with this thread. I agree with you, Swurv99. A lot of change from last season to this, and lots of football left. The OL is improving. We have been in the discussion for the playoffs every year with Bobby and like you said recruiting continues to go well. People wanting Bobby gone should be careful what they wish for.

Reactions: zipp
Zipp is trolling the over-reactors with this thread. I agree with you, Swurv99. A lot of change from last season to this, and lots of football left. The OL is improving. We have been in the discussion for the playoffs every year with Bobby and like you said recruiting continues to go well. People wanting Bobby gone should be careful what they wish for.

I agree pretty much.

But, I think Zipp is trolling any and all critique - and I don't agree with that view either.

The truth is always somewhere between one camp and the other.

The program has been fine under BP, but there are concerns.

To the extreme remedy, that is laughable at this time. But to also simply refuse there are ANY issues is just as laughable.

For Zipp, it's always agree with him, or you are wrong. But I appreciate his willingness to debate without getting personal.

I agree pretty much.

But, I think Zipp is trolling any and all critique - and I don't agree with that view either.

The truth is always somewhere between one camp and the other.

The program has been fine under BP, but there are concerns.

To the extreme remedy, that is laughable at this time. But to also simply refuse there are ANY issues is just as laughable.

For Zipp, it's always agree with him, or you are wrong. But I appreciate his willingness to debate without getting personal.
Your boldfaced comment is what I'm reaching for... When some of you guys overreact on a subject, I move to the other extreme so that the truth--between "camps"--is where we head.

I don't think Petrino himself is very happy with things right now. But he's not ready to fire his D-coordinator and chuck his offense. (And don't say that isn't the message in some of these reactionary posts...)

It's true that I am like bad news... When you hear most from me is when I'm in disagreement. That may translate to "always agree with him, or you're wrong," but that's not true.

What usually IS true for me IMO is that neither one of us knows enough to be really confident in our conclusions--and that maybe only one of us realizes that...

What usually IS true for me IMO is that neither one of us knows enough to be really confident in our conclusions--and that maybe only one of us realizes that...

Agreed! I only ask for a few more hand offs to a RB. That is the only thing I am positive that is needed!

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT