ADVERTISEMENT

Passing along along thoughts from my Father

clemtiger117

No-Ranking Prospect
Nov 18, 2003
I was not able to make the trip but he did. He had nothing but great things to say about your fans and the city of Louisville. Thank you for your treatment of opposing fans.

I already pull for you guys when you arent playing Clemson due to my wife being from Louisville and liking the Cards but your actions this weekend only reinforced that.

Good luck the rest of the year!

Thanks so much for passing along those kind words. I'm really glad he was treated well. It's sometimes hard to know how fans will react to a loss in the heat of the game and afterwards. There was a small, young and apparently drunk Clemson fan well above me that was thrown out of the game late in the contest. When I looked back after seeing other look up, I saw a very large guy with his right hand firmly around this very small young guy's throat, with others trying to intervene. The large guy claimed the kid spit on his wife. When security arrived, the drunk kid threw his still full beer on the 2 security guards. It went downhill quickly for him after that. It was a pretty entertaining diversion from the sad game for me at that point. :( That was the only misbehaving all saw from either side all night.

Last edited:
He is pretty old so the bar isnt very high ;)

Also I have been to a game at the Yum Center with my wife... That is an incredible facility.

Always enjoy coming to Clemson. My cousin's grandsons are on Clemson's team. #39 and #82? Three years ago we sat in the Clemson's parents' section. Unfortunately James Quick was caught from behind and we couldn't' score the winning TD. Same guy who didn't score the winning TD last year.

GO CARDS!!!

Glad you and your Dad have had some great experiences with our fans. I can't make a similar testimonial, but I've heard the same thing from our own fans.

I know one thing personally... We're all damn glad to be in the ACC, and I hope it shows!

Reactions: clemtiger117
He is pretty old so the bar isnt very high ;)

Also I have been to a game at the Yum Center with my wife... That is an incredible facility.

That reminded me of having my HS age son on the field after a Clemson game and he was looking at a DT named Vance Hammond that was 6'8" and around 300lbs. He said would you look at that guy there isn't an ounce of fat on him. I said 15 years ago I could have whipped his tail. My son asked if I really believed that and I said yes he would only have been 6 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT