ADVERTISEMENT

Padgett and Tyra

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Glad to see the support the Interim AD is providing. They are both in very difficult situations but have the same overarching goal. Here is a blurb from Jeff Greer's interview with DP:

JG: Talking to interim Louisville athletics director Vince Tyra, what has that been like?

DP: "Our relationship has been great. We've gotten to know each other really well in a short period of time. I think the way he and I both look at this is — we're not cleaning up a mess. I don't want to use that because it's not a mess; I have a top-15 team. It's a tough situation and we're trying to keep moving in the right direction but also make it better.

"I want to keep the basketball moving in the right direction and hopefully make it better in the long run, and I think he wants to do the same with the athletics department. The way that we're both going about doing that is probably different than our predecessors, but maybe that's not necessarily bad. Only time will tell. But he's been great. He's been very open with me about everything. If I need something, I can just call or text him at any time."

Wouldn't know about anything written in the CJ.

But Padgett was the only good option the Cat had. At least he didn't call him a "good friend"...

Last edited:
Glad to see the support the Interim AD is providing. They are both in very difficult situations but have the same overarching goal. Here is a blurb from Jeff Greer's interview with DP:

JG: Talking to interim Louisville athletics director Vince Tyra, what has that been like?

DP: "Our relationship has been great. We've gotten to know each other really well in a short period of time. I think the way he and I both look at this is — we're not cleaning up a mess. I don't want to use that because it's not a mess; I have a top-15 team. It's a tough situation and we're trying to keep moving in the right direction but also make it better.

"I want to keep the basketball moving in the right direction and hopefully make it better in the long run, and I think he wants to do the same with the athletics department. The way that we're both going about doing that is probably different than our predecessors, but maybe that's not necessarily bad. Only time will tell. But he's been great. He's been very open with me about everything. If I need something, I can just call or text him at any time."

Agree...both in tough situations. Good article by Greer as usual.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT