ADVERTISEMENT

Over on Tiggernet they think they are going to romp us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Cards!! Beat the redneck trash from Taterville!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regardless of our disagreements with Clemson fans on the state of our programs we fully agree with them on one thing: The two best teams from Kentucky and South Carolina are playing on ABC in Louisville on Saturday night. The game in Columbia Saturday is nothing more than an afterthought

I've heard the same story now from several different posters and personal friends who have been to Death Valley regarding their treatment. They rarely lose there, but what I would love to find out is how gracious would those same fans be if they were leaving to go home after watching their Tigers getting their arses handed to them? I got a strong feeling that politeness would be a tad harder to find. Maybe one day we'll get to find out first hand.

Go CARDS!!!
My Clemson experience was the same. Nice and complimentary in '14, and a bit more "tense" last year. That gave me the feel that when we beat them, their tune will change.

And when we beat them b2b, I guarantee it will. ;)

I've heard the same story now from several different posters and personal friends who have been to Death Valley regarding their treatment. They rarely lose there, but what I would love to find out is how gracious would those same fans be if they were leaving to go home after watching their Tigers getting their arses handed to them? I got a strong feeling that politeness would be a tad harder to find. Maybe one day we'll get to find out first hand.

Go CARDS!!!

My Clemson experience was the same. Nice and complimentary in '14, and a bit more "tense" last year. That gave me the feel that when we beat them, their tune will change.

You might, but if you are interested head over to Pittsburgh's boards and ask them.

They came in with an amazing gameplan, and while we didnt help ourselves, they executed and came out with a W. Both teams couldn't have been more gracious in victory and in defeat. We had a bunch of Pitt fans come by our tailgate afterwards and hang.

It was one of the best days I've had as a Clemson fan, we hung out and partied till almost 2 in the morning at our tailgate spot.

10p5xrd.jpg

Good luck to both teams and Go Tigers!

Then you should beat us by more than a 5 pt avg, with us within 5 yds of beating you twice, don't you think?

We've learned,about the "stars" :rolleyes:

I hear you brother. It's always fun to make fun of the "star gazers". But when you get right down to it, the teams with the best recruiting classes year after year tend to be the best teams. The correlation is VERY strong. It's not perfect b/c certainly coaching and player development play into the equation as well. UL is a prime example of a team that performs better than your recruiting ranking would indicate. IMHO, that's b/c your HC is one of the best.

There's lots of good stuff in this thread. And there's good arguments to be made for both sides. I think Clemson's argument is that they have better talent on the roster from top to bottom. It's hard to dispute that and the team with the best players usually wins. UL's argument is that they have the best player in college football at the most important position. I think that argument is indisputable. That advantage can cover for quite a bit of overall talent disparity (look no further than Clemson vs Bama for how this works).

Reactions: Rollem Cards

Nah we'll always be hospitable. The overly nice first occasion was probably a welcome to the ACC thing.

lville scares me because of jackson. he negates assignment football. if i am clemson, i run the ball..a lot. we cant keep up if there are a lot of possessions. to tell you how dangerous jackson is, clemson is better at every other position, and i still worry about getting just outpaced. but i hope for a night where the hits take their toll and he gets frustrated.

As long as the hits take place during plays. Late hits might be worth it to someone if they knock him out of a game - Florida tried that. For another thing, I find it somewhat incredible how last season we held Clemson's rushing game to diddly squat - Gallman got what? 54 yards? What is it that tells Clemson fans that they will control the ball by rushing it??? Do they really believe our being #2 in the country at rush defense is an anomaly?

The short passing game might work, but it dam sure wont be their rushing that pulls it out. I think this is Clown Theory.

They think their Offense was inept because of the Auburn defense and it will be the best defense they will have seen this year. So they are going to become world beaters and score like crazy this Saturday per many of their posters.

Well, while I admit I don't know much about Auburn. What I do know is the end of last year, Louisville's defense finished #9 in the country. Auburn.......#40.

Who has Auburn played this year to merit their "supposed top 10 ranked defense?" Georgia Southern, and Clemson starting a new quarterback.

I actually believe the team that will be romping is Louisville. Those orange folk are going to go home shell shocked.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-game?date=2017-01-10
Tiger Net is made up primarily of teenage and college kids that are Dabo Cultist. No one in South Carolina takes them serious but themselves. Here's hoping the Cards shut them up big time. Would make life in this state more pleasant.

Bruh...

Edit to add: He is the best player in the country, and it really isn't close at all this year. You put Jackson on Clemson, and they might have 1:1 odds to win the title. The kid is absurd. I'd be pretty confident if he were on my team as well. It's no different than Clemson feeling like they have the best defense in the country because of the DL.

?

My point involved the incredible rabbit's foot Clemson carried through the entire season last year. Granted, that is generally what it takes to win it all, as we know from our basketball titles. Yet. the NC State kicker missing a chip shot is all that separated you from not even making the playoffs. You were completely outplayed that game.

Are you ok?

They think their Offense was inept because of the Auburn defense and it will be the best defense they will have seen this year. So they are going to become world beaters and score like crazy this Saturday per many of their posters.

Well, while I admit I don't know much about Auburn. What I do know is the end of last year, Louisville's defense finished #9 in the country. Auburn.......#40.

Who has Auburn played this year to merit their "supposed top 10 ranked defense?" Georgia Southern, and Clemson starting a new quarterback.

I actually believe the team that will be romping is Louisville. Those orange folk are going to go home shell shocked.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-game?date=2017-01-10
Tiger Net is made up primarily of teenage and college kids that are Dabo Cultist. No one in South Carolina takes them serious but themselves. Here's hoping the Cards shut them up big time. Would make life in this state more pleasant.

Holy sh1t at an @MANAFOLD sighting .....

Figured the bleach was flowing after the UK loss.

Ahem

They remember the NC. They don't remember all the very close calls and almost fluky wins they had along the way. It takes anybody some luck to win an NC, and Clemson went through about 14 rabbits feet last year. These things have a way of balancing out. They are an excellent team. They are not the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers, crushing everybody in their path. They can be beaten and Louisville has the tools to do it. Talk is cheap. Let's play.

Leave no doubt.

My point involved the incredible rabbit's foot Clemson carried through the entire season last year. Granted, that is generally what it takes to win it all, as we know from our basketball titles. Yet. the NC State kicker missing a chip shot is all that separated you from not even making the playoffs. You were completely outplayed that game.
Totally not true. We had 4 red one TOs and gave up a pick 6. We had almost double the yardage State had. We almost gave the game away but they were too nice to take it.
But that wouldn't guarantee that we miss the playoff. That loss could have changed the dynamic of our team and we might not have lost to Pitt. All we know for sure is that we won 14 games and the National Championship.

Reactions: bigdaddytiger
No guarantee if we lose to NC state that we don't turn around and NOT lose to Pitt. That's a typical response we get to try and throw shade on our championship season. Well take it.

When you swing at the King, you best not miss .... You guys didn't belong on the same field as Clemson last night.

Good luck the rest of the way tho.
Kind of like 51-14 in 2013 when afterward Swinney then said "If we played 10 times, we'd win 5 and they'd win 5?"

I'm not trying to be dick but my point is that shoe has been on your foot before too. The Louisville fans were very classy to me last year after they pasted us 63-20. You could learn a lot from them.

They share similar intensity with their delusions as UK folks. And they dam sure don't want anyone messing with their opinions, which are universally like-minded over there. It's a swirling mob, lol, of frat boys and shavetails. boasting like the Cocks they slur in a Hubris which is uncommonly ugly.

They should have lost at least 3 games last season, even disregarding our game. They had an absolutely charmed existence with monster credit given to NC State's kicker and crooked refs in the FSU game who saved it for them. You would think their gratitude would be off the charts, but it;s not even made an appearance this season.
Still feel this way?

Go CARDS!!!
We were great to visitors even when we sucked.

All I know is it's Prime time Saturday night and since I have no possible way of going to the game, the next best thing is watching it on a nice wide screen TV in wonderful high definition with the surround sound cranked up!

Oh, and it's the night before my birthday!

Im--stoked.jpg
Happy birthday.

Are you ok?
Dude, lol, I am old. I am OK in spades. I don't have a bed time, I have intense love with friends and family and I played sports at a high level. I lost a shitload of ballgames but won many more. I was embarrassed from time to time, too.

How about you? Ever faced a 100 MPH fastball? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Howard's Jock
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT