Pathetic all around.

O-line is high school like
Secondary interferes more than a chaperone on a date
D line cant get to the QB.
Playcalling SUCKS

Klenathorpe and Granthorpe must go.
Another embarrassing bowl loss Bob. :oops:

Reactions: Otis_Wilson
I have no problem with the defense. Lots of guys out.

Offense, IDK. They all need to take a long look in the mirror. OL we've all known, but this seems deeper than that.

I know we’re all disappointed. I certainly am too. And it’s probably too early to talk about this, but looking back on this season maybe we overachieved. Maybe we bought into the hype too much because of some really good early season play. I mean, before the season I certainly didn’t expect us to be in the conversation for a playoff spot at any point in the season.

Also, you have to give the devil his due sometimes. You know, LSU also had more than 30 days to prepare for us, and I’m not sure we’re offensively versatile enough to be real difficult to prepare for. Plus, LSU has better athletes at most spots, and much better in regard to the backups.

Don’t want to make excuses, but I think a little perspective would be fair.

Reactions: rcrequesr
Top pass rusher and his backup, top safety, both CBs opposite JA all out injured. Offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out.

Loss definitely not on the defense or Grantham. Need to get deeper and give more guys reps during the season so they're ready to step up

I heard LSU's leading tackler didn't play and of course, Fournette. If you want to play big boy football, you can't make excuses. This was suppose to be another offensively challenged LSU team who managed to hang almost 30 on us...

I know we’re all disappointed. I certainly am too. And it’s probably too early to talk about this, but looking back on this season maybe we overachieved. Maybe we bought into the hype too much because of some really good early season play. I mean, before the season I certainly didn’t expect us to be in the conversation for a playoff spot at any point in the season.

Also, you have to give the devil his due sometimes. You know, LSU also had more than 30 days to prepare for us, and I’m not sure we’re offensively versatile enough to be real difficult to prepare for. Plus, LSU has better athletes at most spots, and much better in regard to the backups.

Don’t want to make excuses, but I think a little perspective would be fair.
Agree with this

I heard LSU's leading tackler didn't play and of course, Fournette. If you want to play big boy football, you can't make excuses. This was suppose to be another offensively challenged LSU team who managed to hang almost 30 on us...
When your offense does absolutely nothing, it's tough to hang on the defense. Also, remember that LSU receivers made several incredible catches in good coverage to convert 3rd and long situations. Just great plays by great playmakers, not a defensive letdown.

Reactions: Mayoman and ULarder
I have no problem with the defense. Lots of guys out.

Offense, IDK. They all need to take a long look in the mirror. OL we've all known, but this seems deeper than that.

Agree. The defense did what it could to keep it close. Can't keep LSU from scoring forever after 3 and outs.

The talent gap in this game was massive. LSU brings in top 10 classes every year. Louisville never does.

It's tough to overcome that big a discrepancy.

Reactions: rcrequesr
I wasn't expecting much once I heard about the losses on defense. Considering the lack of depth, I thought the defense played about as well as it could.

The O-line is a disgrace though. Those 5 have to all be on the same page or the offense just doesn't work even with a great QB.

It's officially basketball season now.

I wasn't expecting much once I heard about the losses on defense. Considering the lack of depth, I thought the defense played about as well as it could.

The O-line is a disgrace though. Those 5 have to all be on the same page or the offense just doesn't work even with a great QB.

It's officially basketball season now.

Not quite Cue, Recruiting season. Need those O-linemen badly.

Reactions: Cue Card
Not quite Cue, Recruiting season. Need those O-linemen badly.
True. Lamar deserves much better. He put this team on his back and willed them to 9 wins in spite of the pathetic O-line play. It all starts with recruiting and ends with coaching.

Just goin off the title of this thread,and considering our pass blocking woes,get it out 1,2,3.Didn't happen.Probably because their coverage was excellent.New wrinkles will be spawned from the ashes of this debacle to help Jackson and the blockers excel in 17.

Put Jackson on a team that has comparable talent (to him) around him and you have a legit playoff contender. He is special. But even he can't overcome the recruiting deficiencies Louisville faces when compared with the true giants of the sport. It's really, really tough to crack into that group.

Are they big boys cheating? Maybe - but the fact remains that the true contenders are working with 2 deep talent that trumps most everyone else's starters.

The talent gap in this game was massive. LSU brings in top 10 classes every year. Louisville never does.

It's tough to overcome that big a discrepancy.
Except that there was the same talent discrepancy with FSU. And that game was no contest more so than this one was...

I must have been watching a different game because I thought our secondary did a pretty good job for the most part. Some of those LSU passes couldn't have been thrown better by a Heisman QB. (I know because my team has one...)

And considering the pathetic stats we had on offense, I would have given anyone the under on 40 points for LSU. If you're barking about our defense today, you need to use better evidence than the bowl result...

Except that there was the same talent discrepancy with FSU. And that game was no contest more so than this one was...

Right. But if you face a talent gap in multiple games, chances are you're going to lose them more often than you win them.

You guys have a solid, top 25 football program. To make the step up to the elite tier, Petrino's recruiting is gonna have to get much, much better. Easier said than done I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
I'm with Zipp. Our D was down 5 impact players. Couldnt have asked for much more from the group on the field. LSUs offense scored 27. Safety was on the offense. Hell, we had an offense that hung 62 on FSU. 36 on Clemson at Death Valley. That offensive team from september to early October could have outscored LSU.

The offense was just an inept group of players, not a team at all.

I'm with Zipp. Our D was down 5 impact players. Couldnt have asked for much more from the group on the field. LSUs offense scored 27. Safety was on the offense. Hell, we had an offense that hung 62 on FSU. 36 on Clemson at Death Valley. That offensive team from september to early October could have outscored LSU.

The offense was just an inept group of players, not a team at all.

Injuries are excuses. Thats why you have 85 on scholly and walkons.
The Cards had 7 blowout games to develop depth.
3rd and Granthorpe isnt just a cute saying, its a well proven fact.
Defense wasnt just tired because of three and outs by the offense. They were tired because they couldn't produce 3 and outs.

Reactions: beasleythecard
LSU offensive stats in the Citrus Bowl vs. season results...
Total offense: 394 yds (bowl) vs. 423 (season)
Rushing offense: 177 yds (bowl) vs. 233 (season)
First downs: 20 (bowl) vs. 20 per game (season)
Scoring: 29 (bowl) vs. 28 per game (season)

And LSU defensive TOP 24 minutes (bowl) vs. 29 minutes (season)

There's no way you can slice or dice the Citrus Bowl results to prove that our defense laid down on the job. And the above results were with FIVE MORE MINUTES of ball possession for LSU in the bowl game than they averaged on the season. (Their defense held us to five fewer minutes...)

Like I said for the naysayers, bring better data...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
Pathetic all around.

O-line is high school like
Secondary interferes more than a chaperone on a date
D line cant get to the QB.
Playcalling SUCKS

Klenathorpe and Granthorpe must go.
Another embarrassing bowl loss Bob. :oops:
It seems like Louisville runs the same damn five plays every game. The offensive playbook is a joke

Wait a minute, the SEC was chop liver this year.. everybody sucked but Alabama. You supposedly play better competition in the
Bowl games, you shouldn't score as much as during the regular season. The FSU game was an anomaly not the expectation of this team. This was not the LSU team of years past.. time to move on to 2017! Go cards!

Last edited:
Wait a minute, the SEC was chop liver this year.. everybody sucked but Alabama. You supposedly play better competition in the
Bowl games, you shouldn't score as much as during the regular season. The FSU game was an anomaly not the expectation of this team. This was not the LSU team of years past.. time to move on to 2017! Go cards!
LSU had the most important personnel loss...Les Miles. Addition by subtraction.

True. Lamar deserves much better. He put this team on his back and willed them to 9 wins in spite of the pathetic O-line play. It all starts with recruiting and ends with coaching.
So true. LJ, however, has to realize he can't do it all himself. The lost ball at the end of the UK game was all on him. He was supposed to hand the ball off and run clock, and kick a FG if a TD was not made. Instead he thought he could score. Against LSU, he was not getting much time, but he needs to learn when to get rid of the ball out of bounds if need be and try again later. With the safety, he had to realize his field position, and go down rather than retreat to the end zone. Another off season and he and the rest of the team need to learn more. Maybe Teddy can teach LJ how to throw the fade route.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT