ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense is fun

The team is not good. Bad teams find different ways to lose. Inconsistency across the board. One day it's the D. One day it's the O. One day it's ST. One day it's the fans fault. Many games it's a combo.

It is time to get 2020 over for many reasons.

Coach will hopefully get a better product next year. Hopefully everybody will get to attend the games.

I guess we need a coach that knows the modern shortcuts to build a team. Don’t really want to wait for a long rebuild like the one by Coach Schnellenberger from 85-94. He went 54-56-2 here. There was that one 1990 season we went 10-1-1 and won the Fiesta bowl.

Reactions: PushupMan
I don't think anyone is seriously questioning whether we have the right coach yet. Even if you are, there's ten million reasons right now that a better solution is needed...

I’m curious what the “modern shortcuts” to recruiting would be.

If it’s to recruit “$EC style” we’ll still come up short. Too many deep pockets in front of us...and years of experience to not get caught ;)

If it something else why haven’t the 45 “also ran” P5 schools tried it?

The shortcut reference was a reminder that previous coaches took a long time to rebuild here at U of L. Even one with a National Championship run to their credit.

The shortcut reference was a reminder that previous coaches took a long time to rebuild here at U of L. Even one with a National Championship run to their credit.
Gotcha.

Hate to say it, but our “climb” from 1985 has pretty much maxed out.

We’ve made it to P5 but we’ll forever be nipping at the heels of the perennial top 20.

Just like a lot of other P5’s, some of which are in a lot better recruiting areas.

uk, Purdue, IU, Miss St, Iowa St, Kansas St and on and on have been “rebuilding” for many many years.

It’s been a blast, but now we are what we are.

🙃🙄...Following you.? Paleeeze..

You didn't start this thread you're just a clown posting in it..
GerardBrown-DorlingKindersley-GettyImages-87854683-56a26b545f9b58b7d0ca074c.jpg

Not that I disagree, but that’s a recent trend with U of L athletics that will take awhile getting used to...
Yeah, we HAD the money, facilities, and fan base to draw enough really good to great ball players to be a big fish in the smaller ponds of the CUSA and the watered down BE (AAC).

But I'm afraid we don't have enough of the above, and add history and geography/recruiting base to the list) to compete on regular basis with the "elites" of CFB.

I expect (hope) 8-4 to be the norm. Funny thing is, as "low expectation" as that sounds today, how may P5 schools would love to have that?

But yes, it will take some getting used to.

Rising a level is what this athletics department was used to. But now we're a little short on deck hands for that to happen easily.

And I don't see any new talent in the offing; to the contrary, we're trying the less-is-more approach, not strategically but out of necessity...

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT