ADVERTISEMENT

Otto Knop Jr.

Thanks for sharing. Did not know he was ill.

We called Otto "Craig" when he was in grade school at St. Raphael. He wanted to be called "Otto" as he got a little older to honor his father. As his daughter honored him...

Reactions: wilkie01
Played for the Cards in late 70s. Son of the All American. Apparently passed away early this morning. RIP

https://www.hosparushealth.org/Blog/Article/162/A-Dying-Father-Gets-His-Final-Wish
I used to live on Elmwood avenue off of Chenoweth lane in the 1990's. I was jogging a lot then and Otto Jr was too, I guess, as he passed my house often. I was leaving my house one evening for a jog and met up with Otto just as he was passing my house on his regular course. I was younger than Otto. He told me his knees were bad due to football. I jogged with him on any occasion we met up on Elmwood Avenue. Great guy. Beautiful daughter. This makes me sad. Prayers to Otto Jr and his family.

Reactions: wilkie01
Kristi was a senior when I was a freshman and was in Chi O with my fiance. Wonderful girl and a great representative for her family, sorority, and university. I believe she won homecoming that year. Sad to here about a cardinal legend passing away, but glad those last moments were some of the best.

God bless you and your family.
This might be folklore but hopefully it will make you smile.

The story goes like this...Big Otto and Little Otto were playing in the member/member golf tournament at Audubon Country Clubs back in the 1980s. The format was alternate shot. On the 18th hole Little Otto sliced his tee shot into a big pine tree in the right rough. It was then Big Otto’s turn to play the next shot. Big Otto tried to address the ball and realized a huge limb from the pine street was in the way of his swing. He told Little Otto to get out of the cart and pull the limb back so he could take a full swing. Little Otto pulled it back. Big Otto tried a practice swing and told Little Otto to pull it back further. Little Otto pulled it back more. Still not enough Big Otto said. Little Otto pulled it back as far as he possibly could and was straining every muscle in his body just to hold on. Big Otto stepped in to take the shot. Just as he started his back swing Little Otto slipped on the pine needles and the lost his grip on the limb. The limb slammed into Big Otto and just about knocked him out. We guess the golf Gods intervened and saved Big Otto and Little Otto from being penalized in the process. We are not sure what their official score was on the hole but it definitely received a toast or two in the bar.

ADVERTISEMENT