ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Teddy Bridgewater back @ Vikings OTA's....

Feb 19, 2003
From the Article:

Hey, Teddy's back.

The Minnesota Vikings posted a video Tuesday afternoon that showed quarterback Teddy Bridgewater making progress in his ongoing recovery from a devastating knee injury.

The 39-second clip shows Bridgewater in slow motion, taking various drops and firing footballs in his signature two gloves during organized team activities. The quarterback, whose 2016 season ended before it began because of a gruesome knee injury, was sporting a noticeable brace and sleeve on his surgically repaired knee.

While it's unclear how much work Bridgewater actually did in the Vikings' workout Tuesday, the video is a good sign for the Vikings and the QB. Bridgewater suffered a dislocated knee and a complete tear of his ACL just nine months ago, prompting coach Mike Zimmer to wonder this offseason if the quarterback would ever play again. Even the Vikings' front office was so concerned about the injury they declined his fifth-year option earlier this month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ikings-video-shows-teddy-bridgewater-throwing

From the Article:

Hey, Teddy's back.

The Minnesota Vikings posted a video Tuesday afternoon that showed quarterback Teddy Bridgewater making progress in his ongoing recovery from a devastating knee injury.

The 39-second clip shows Bridgewater in slow motion, taking various drops and firing footballs in his signature two gloves during organized team activities. The quarterback, whose 2016 season ended before it began because of a gruesome knee injury, was sporting a noticeable brace and sleeve on his surgically repaired knee.

While it's unclear how much work Bridgewater actually did in the Vikings' workout Tuesday, the video is a good sign for the Vikings and the QB. Bridgewater suffered a dislocated knee and a complete tear of his ACL just nine months ago, prompting coach Mike Zimmer to wonder this offseason if the quarterback would ever play again. Even the Vikings' front office was so concerned about the injury they declined his fifth-year option earlier this month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ikings-video-shows-teddy-bridgewater-throwing
Teddy's NEVER OT on this Board

Gotcha...only used it because it is Minnesota Vikings...but you're correct...We owe a great deal to Teddy!! Glad he back at OTA's....

Teddy was just such an exceptional and humble "Star" for us. Just a great representative for the program and university.

Good to see you TPE. Don't see you around much these days.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Hopefully he's on the road to full recovery. Best wishes to an outstanding young man.

Viking GM Rick Speilman this morning...

General Manager Rick Spielman met with the media on Wednesday and said that the team will “take it a day at a time” with Bridgewater while adding that the quarterback hasn’t been cleared for full practices at this point. Spielman declined to comment on when that might happen and said it was “still the unknown” whether he’ll play in 2017, but acknowledged that it’s “very encouraging” to see Bridgewater doing things on the field.

“Very limited in what he’s able to do at this point, but it’s progress,” Spielman said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ke-it-a-day-at-a-time-with-teddy-bridgewater/

Reactions: gocds
I just have this feeling Teddy is going to have a great NFL career. The guy's a winner, flat out.

That said, there's always broadcasting. He'd be fantastic.

Or wouldn't it be great to have him come back and coach quarterbacks at some point?

Plenty of great options for a guy like Teddy.

Reactions: gocds
More on Teddy this morning....

"I have been around this game for a long time, and I do not think I have ever seen as devastating of an injury as that," tight end Kyle Rudolph said. "When you have a road as long as he does ahead of him, it is [easy] to lose sight of having that positive mindset each and every day, because you are never going to see a huge jump. It is a little bit each and every day, and yet he seems to be one of the most positive and energetic guys, whether it is around the locker room, out here as an individual, at practice walking up and down, keeping everybody involved. That is why everybody loves him, and that is something that makes him such a special kid."

There are few on the Vikings' roster, though, who doubt Bridgewater can be successful if and when his leg is healthy. The snippets they've seen of him this spring, however incomplete they might be, have done enough to fortify their trust in Bridgewater.

"It's just the way he gets the ball out," wide receiver Laquon Treadwell said. "He's getting the ball out before you're breaking. He tells me he's spent a lot of time studying film. A lot of things he would say he was messing up on, he's looked 10 times better this year. When you go through an injury like that, film is your friend. You've just got to stay hungry and believe in yourself. He'll be fine.

"He looks great -- really great. It's like he was never hurt."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/p...eddy-bridgewater-looks-like-he-was-never-hurt

More on Teddy this morning....

"I have been around this game for a long time, and I do not think I have ever seen as devastating of an injury as that," tight end Kyle Rudolph said. "When you have a road as long as he does ahead of him, it is [easy] to lose sight of having that positive mindset each and every day, because you are never going to see a huge jump. It is a little bit each and every day, and yet he seems to be one of the most positive and energetic guys, whether it is around the locker room, out here as an individual, at practice walking up and down, keeping everybody involved. That is why everybody loves him, and that is something that makes him such a special kid."

There are few on the Vikings' roster, though, who doubt Bridgewater can be successful if and when his leg is healthy. The snippets they've seen of him this spring, however incomplete they might be, have done enough to fortify their trust in Bridgewater.

"It's just the way he gets the ball out," wide receiver Laquon Treadwell said. "He's getting the ball out before you're breaking. He tells me he's spent a lot of time studying film. A lot of things he would say he was messing up on, he's looked 10 times better this year. When you go through an injury like that, film is your friend. You've just got to stay hungry and believe in yourself. He'll be fine.

"He looks great -- really great. It's like he was never hurt."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/p...eddy-bridgewater-looks-like-he-was-never-hurt

Awesome news; and much needed on this gloomy day for UofL athletics!! Thanks for sharing the link!

ADVERTISEMENT