ADVERTISEMENT

OT/Mid American canceling football for the Fall

Notre Dame will have to scramble to get a “non-conference” game. Western Michigan **poof!** gone.

Reports this week so far that the MAC will move to spring.
Penn State no fans...and no refunds.
Big10 is now putting everything on the table...up to an including cancelling fall sports period. So far pushing back practice, no scrimmage.
IF the Big 10 calls it, I am sure that the Pac12 will be about 12 hours behind.
To be honest, it seems the SEC is shaking as well.

If we have football, I am beginning to anticipate a January 2021 start.

Reactions: PushupMan
I understand the MAC cancellation with the P5 schools going to conference only opponents. Who is the MAC going to schedule and make money.

^^^^there's the problem. The P5 schools can bite a huge bullet for a year, then come back and renegotiate TV rights for a comeback season.
These other schools, for the most part a warm up (yeah, yeah..Georgia State, WKU, and at one time Appy State) are counting on those P5 matchup for a huge, huge, huge chunk of their ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT total revenue.
This may be the time the Big conferences from the NCAA super crew or some sort of conference.

Hmmmmmmmm I’m wondering if Penn State fans can take a tax deduction for non returned ticket purchases as a donation to the University. Because this is exactly what that money becomes.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
You can get your money back on your tickets, NOT your donation. The problem they are facing is that the restrictions on attendance is fluid at the moment.

Their governor has crowd restrictions in place. They are temporary and the state has advised Penn State that they might work out something later on.

The way I read it is that they are trying to discourage ticket holders from bailing out by letting people know if you opt out now you will loose your seat location if they go ahead later on.

I suspect we'll see the same here if we go into limbo or look at playing in the Spring.

ADVERTISEMENT