ADVERTISEMENT

OT....Kentucky weather

Dec 16, 2015
Here about ten miles north of the Tennessee border we went from -20 wind chill up to 65, the the next day 4 inches snow. Up to forty one day now 4-5 more inches snow and temps down to 5....all in about a ten day period.
You guys and gals by the river keep warm and safe.

Well it snowed big again, and I could guess that by the end of the week we’ll be in the 50s. As they say if you don’t like the weather in Kentucky, wait a day.

I didn't see it, but was told they were showing something on TV that said it was 61 degrees and the crawler was showing a Winter Storm Watch in effect.

Craziest weather I can recall.

But, the memory is the first to go. ;)

I didn't see it, but was told they were showing something on TV that said it was 61 degrees and the crawler was showing a Winter Storm Watch in effect.

It takes me back to the 70's and 80's. I knew we were in trouble when that 1st Arctic blast hit so early. We never had that in 77 or 78. I just got the garden hoses stored last week and that has never happened to me before. Fortunately, I had drained them and was ready to store them back in November but I got hit with a bad cold after Thanksgiving and didn't want to go outside. Plus, I can be a bit lazy.

Reactions: billoliver40

Lol!!!
I heard that. I remember back in the late 60s, up into 70s we would hit at least one six to ten inch snow a year.
THEN it changed to ice storms instead of snow.
Maybe we are seeing climate change BACK to those days.

Last edited:
It takes me back to the 70's and 80's. I knew we were in trouble when that 1st Arctic blast hit so early. We never had that in 77 or 78. I just got the garden hoses stored last week and that has never happened to me before. Fortunately, I had drained them and was ready to store them back in November but I got hit with a bad cold after Thanksgiving and didn't want to go outside. Plus, I can be a bit lazy.
I can relate to the lazy thing. Just retired in October. By first of November, my dad would use to have the house winter ready....tapes, vents closed, well house plastic wrapped (yep....THAT country).
I managed to get to it about Jan 5th.

Got lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT