ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats to App State

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
13-1, conference and bowl champions yet again. Newly promoted head coach Shawn Clark guided them back from a 14-0 deficit to win the R&L Carriers Bowl 31-17 over ConferenceUSA runner up UAB.

Honestly would love to see us schedule that program in a few years. Looks like we have openings beginning in 2025.

Reactions: gocds
I find it sad that App St is on their 3rd HC in a year. I hope they continue their tradition. We know how it feels to have our coaches picked off.

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
I find it sad that App St is on their 3rd HC in a year. I hope they continue their tradition. We know how it feels to have our coaches picked off.
I think you will see a big dip in that program after this year. Reason i say this they promote from within . Over the years they have done this so the coaches on staff all helped with their recruiting of players. So when they replaced a coach the systems were already their and really didn't change much. However no program can continue to lose coaches at such a high rate . And expect to keep momentum going. If a coach doesn't stay long enough to bring in quality staff you run out of viable people to promote. This last guy seemed to be a person wanting to jump asap .

That is one of the main reason's why this program over it's fb history has been up and down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT