ADVERTISEMENT

OT - College Football Playoff - Is it Working for fans?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
We know it's working for Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, tOSU, and OU fans. Basically the elite SEC and a few others.

How about the rest of the country?

Thoughts?

It is a little boring seeing the usual suspects year in, year out.

Need 8 team, P5 only, conference champions autobid, 3at-large determined by objective standards known before the season starts (I suggest total wins/ wins vs P5/ total opponents wins formula). No rankings, eye tests, resumes, committees; NO MORE OPINIONS! Then there will be a legitimate champion instead of what we have now. Until we have this, it doesn’t work for me.

It's working in the sense it's better than the old system of guess matching the top two teams. I prefer 8 teams, because the current system does not allow a Central Florida type team to make the playoff's, and practically guarantee's an SEC team. I want more teams.

Much better than old system, would like to see at least 6 though. Five P5 champs and highest rated G5/Indy. This way every team can say they control their own destiny.

I would like to see 8 teams because 4 is way to limited. In order for a non P5 school to get in they would have to go by their schedule. I think it would tough on them to get an invite since the P5 conferences are playing each other. Maybe they can have some type of play in game like they do in basketball. We would probably end up playing too many games. That really doesn’t matter if the money is there that is what will determine everything.There should also be no more than 2 teams from the same conference.

I’d like 8 as well. 5 P5 champs, highest ranked G5 champ, plus 2 highest ranked at large. I’m okay with opinions of the committee being used to seed the 8 teams, select the 2 at large, and select the best G5 champion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT