ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best fish sandwich in Louisville?

Yeah, but cod still taste good while catfish still taste like crap to me. But WTH I don’t like much of fresh water fish with the exception of trout and walleye. I like catching bluegill, croppie and bass but I don’t care much for eating any of them. It’s cod for me along with salmon. I do like grouper also but Shrimp and scallops are fantastic. I don’t know what “Fukushima” taste like so . . . . .

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It tastes like enriched uranium. Fukushima is the nuclear power plant in Japan that was destroyed by an earthquake/tsunami and still leaks radiation into the Pacific

Might want to dig a little deeper on the interwebs about that cod you’re eating too. Fact is, most whitefish is imported from SE Asia.

I love seafood, but with Fukushima leaking into the Pacific for, what, 9 years now and what happened in the Gulf, less EPA regulations... I’m pretty sketchy about anything
With this in mind, switching back to burgers. I'm not OLD but getting there, and I've had probably thousands of them. I ate my favorite at Stoney River a couple of weeks ago. Order the Stacked Cheeseburger, not the Steakhouse Burger. I know, it's a fancy joint and pricy but you won't regret it.

While there I saw our AD and we had a short chat, which is always cool.

Reactions: gocds
With this in mind, switching back to burgers. I'm not OLD but getting there, and I've had probably thousands of them. I ate my favorite at Stoney River a couple of weeks ago. Order the Stacked Cheeseburger, not the Steakhouse Burger. I know, it's a fancy joint and pricy but you won't regret it.

While there I saw our AD and we had a short chat, which is always cool.

Was zipp close by? :p:eek:;)

Back to fish sandwiches, someone mentioned Angio’s at work the other day. It’s in Buechel. I looked it up and it’s an Italian place, so not sure about that one. Can anyone vouch?

Stopped in to Cunninghams this afternoon. The fish was large, fresh, crispy, and on point. The view of the creek and boats was the cherry on top. Eddie was our waiter and we have had his services twice this summer. He is on top of his game and we never lacked for anything. Its the time of year to take in a classic Louisville scene.

Stopped in to Cunninghams this afternoon. The fish was large, fresh, crispy, and on point. The view of the creek and boats was the cherry on top. Eddie was our waiter and we have had his services twice this summer. He is on top of his game and we never lacked for anything. Its the time of year to take in a classic Louisville scene.

Cunningham’s is the closest to where I live and I haven’t been there in a long, long time. Need to hit it up soon.

Went back to Mike Lennig's this weekend, it was as good as I remembered.

Created an account just to say....

I moved to PRP 20 years ago. “Close to Mike Linnig’s, gonna have to go there regularly!”

Went there, got a fish sandwich. It was garbage. Tried again about 6 months later. It was garbage. Tried again a year later. It was garbage. After 6 or 7 disgusting tries, I gave up.

So, in my experience, Linnig’s fish is absolute garbage. Ever since Stan’s in St. Matthews
closed, the best fish in town is O’Bryan’s. Nasty hole in the wall bar, fish to die for.

Last edited:
Created an account just to say....

I moved to PRP 20 years ago. “Close to Mike Linnig’s, gonna have to go there regularly!”

Went there, got a fish sandwich. It was garbage. Tried again about 6 months later. It was garbage. Tried again a year later. It was garbage. After 6 or 7 disgusting tries, I gave up.

So, in my experience, Linnig’s fish is absolute garbage. Ever since Stan’s in St. Matthews
closed, the best fish in town is O’Bryan’s. Nasty hole in the wall bar, fish to die for.

Well today I finally met up with a buddy for lunch today and went to O’Bryan’s. Fish was good. I place it third on my list behind Cunningham’s and Checks. You were correct with your “nasty hole in the wall bar” as it has a bunch of “character”. I did enjoy myself there. You are right about Mike Lennings. In an effort for transparency I do live in St. Matthews and the drive to O’Bryan’s is a trip for me but it’s much closer than Mike Lennings. I did like the varied menu at O’Bryan’s.

ADVERTISEMENT