ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best fish sandwich in Louisville?

I know this is s great thread I love cod fish sandwiches and I am always looking for new places to try. My favorite place is Cunningham’s because zenjoy sitting down by the river eating a good cod fish sandwich and drinking a cold beer.

Bro, went to hammerheads and holy grale last month and both were trash those days. Major disappointments, especially for the price.

I know none of us like fourth street but whiskey dry has by far the best burger I’ve ran into in Louisville, worth it to me. Haven’t been disappointed yet. Sidebar next to the Yum also has a solid burger.

Reactions: UL_1986
The best burger in the city is at the Shady Lane Cafe on Rudy Lane. Without a doubt. Plus Checks also has a really good burger.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Bro, went to hammerheads and holy grale last month and both were trash those days. Major disappointments, especially for the price.

I know none of us like fourth street but whiskey dry has by far the best burger I’ve ran into in Louisville, worth it to me. Haven’t been disappointed yet. Sidebar next to the Yum also has a solid burger.
Bummer, always solid every time I go! Hopefully just caught them on an off day. Sidebar does have a damn good burger though. The Fat lamb is up there for me as well, when I visited in May this past year I went and it was totally worth it.

Reactions: Villebandit

What you expect taking advice from a so called Californian...

Reactions: Villebandit
Best 3 burgers in Louisville in my opinion are:
1. Hammerheads
2. Uptown Cafe
3. Tie between Jack Fry’s and Holy Grale

I went to Mussel and Burger Bar last week for the first time and was underwhelmed by the burger I got. Probably need to try them again though. I really like Stout and their “Morning After” Burger. I like Holy Grale but that place is a madhouse every time I’ve gone there. Can’t imagine going to Jack Fry’s and ordering a burger. Inexplicably I’ve not been to Hammerheads.

What you expect taking advice from a so called Californian...
giphy.gif

I went to Mussel and Burger Bar last week for the first time and was underwhelmed by the burger I got. Probably need to try them again though. I really like Stout and their “Morning After” Burger. I like Holy Grale but that place is a madhouse every time I’ve gone there. Can’t imagine going to Jack Fry’s and ordering a burger. Inexplicably I’ve not been to Hammerheads.
Jack Fry’s lunch is when to order the burger. The cost is supremely lower with their menu, including their fish sandwich. Both amazing.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
GAME has a great burger.
Their Wagyu and Bison are too good. Game, Hammerheads, and Migo are all under the same ownership. I grew up with Adam & Chase, the guys that run those places.

Adam just opened up a new restaurant on Frankfort Avenue called “Ostra”. I still haven’t tried it yet, but when I’m in town here this September, I’ll certainly going to have to try it. I’ve heard great things!

Their Wagyu and Bison are too good. Game, Hammerheads, and Migo are all under the same ownership. I grew up with Adam & Chase, the guys that run those places.

Adam just opened up a new restaurant on Frankfort Avenue called “Ostra”. I still haven’t tried it yet, but when I’m in town here this September, I’ll certainly going to have to try it. I’ve heard great things!

Do you know what the new restaurant on Frankfort Ave is located near? Just curious trying to picture where it would be.

Best tacos in Louisville:

1. Migo
2. Taco Choza (recently went there when I was in town for derby, almost as good as west coast tacos)
3. Luchador

I guess we’re only talking local because none of those burgers mentioned that I’ve had, is as good as Five Guys.

Yes, Five Guys burger is good but their fries are awful - way too greasy.

Reactions: BPGhost
Bristol used to have a pretty good burger.

I think it still qualifies as pretty good. Bristol has just been around a long time. The English muffin is a nice touch. Bristol’s Sunday brunch, though, outstanding.

Reactions: gocds
I think it still qualifies as pretty good. Bristol has just been around a long time. The English muffin is a nice touch. Bristol’s Sunday brunch, though, outstanding.
Haven’t been in quite some time, but next time I’m in town I’ll have to visit.

Reactions: gocds
Took Handsome Jimmy to Passtime several years ago before he passed and a cat walked across the floor and he said "we're out of here". Never been back.

Yeah Handsome Jimmy was a real character. Too bad that he passed before his time.

Back to fish sandwiches. I know it’s sacrilege in this cod crazy town but I just had a catfish sandwich from The Fishery and it was damn good.

Uh, not much on catfish. But to each their own.

I am not that big on catfish either especially since the catfish farms they come from are pretty nasty.

Yo, I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but the Fish and Chips from Irish Rover are always good.
They’re best paired with a Guinness and one of owner Michael Reidy’s stories that end with that Irish cackle of his.

I am not that big on catfish either especially since the catfish farms they come from are pretty nasty.
That’s a pretty general statement and one not based on any knowledge of where certain restaurants and markets get their catfish from.

But by all means, catfish should be 100 lb “wild caught” bottom feeding river mud cats. Be glad that there are sustainable clean freshwater fish farms in the U.S. and Canada.

Reactions: The-Hack
I hope your right about most of the catfish coming from the U.S. I saw a 60 minute episode where they said most of the catfish in the U.S. restaurants comes from Vietnam farms and they were raised in sewage.

No wonder I don’t like catfish!

No wonder I don’t like catfish!

Might want to dig a little deeper on the interwebs about that cod you’re eating too. Fact is, most whitefish is imported from SE Asia.

I love seafood, but with Fukushima leaking into the Pacific for, what, 9 years now and what happened in the Gulf, less EPA regulations... I’m pretty sketchy about anything

Might want to dig a little deeper on the interwebs about that cod you’re eating too. Fact is, most whitefish is imported from SE Asia.

I love seafood, but with Fukushima leaking into the Pacific for, what, 9 years now and what happened in the Gulf, less EPA regulations... I’m pretty sketchy about anything

Yeah, but cod still taste good while catfish still taste like crap to me. But WTH I don’t like much of fresh water fish with the exception of trout and walleye. I like catching bluegill, croppie and bass but I don’t care much for eating any of them. It’s cod for me along with salmon. I do like grouper also but Shrimp and scallops are fantastic. I don’t know what “Fukushima” taste like so . . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT