ADVERTISEMENT

OSU loses and the 1st words said is they're still alive

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
It had to really hurt the ESPN pundits to see OSU lose tonight. A blueblood loses to a unranked team normally would send a team plunging down the polls, but does anybody not believe the Buckeyes will be no lower than #5? The first words said by ESPN was OSU is still in the title hunt. Now I know it's a true statement because they could win out beating Michigan and winning the Big 10 championship game. But there was no questioning the possibility that this loss to Penn State could be a killer.

I know. I'm whistling in the wind again with the media and I know it. I just know that Louisville's loss was at the 3rd ranked team and we were four yards short of winning. Had the Cards lost to a unranked team, we would have fell out of the top 10 and would be totally eliminated from playoff contention. If we had beat Clemson but lost to NC State this would have been the case. Watching OSU tonight and their game against Indiana a few weeks ago, I think Louisville is better. Kirk Herbstreit tonight was talking how OSU can't throw the ball down field.and we know that is not an issue with Louisville. But OSU was touted as the best team to beat Alabama. I think Louisville would be the team Nick Saban would not want to see the most.

A couple of ESPN media comments sum up the apathy aimed at Louisville. During highlights of today's games, Joey Galloway said the same thing when the Cards highlights were shown. "When watching Louisville all you're going to see is Lamar Jackson running and passing". Not the Cards defense or receivers. We're a one man team in his mind. After Houston lost, he said it was another dagger in Louisville's chances. OSU losing to Penn State is not a dagger though.

They're now talking about 2 loss teams LSU and Auburn not being out of playoff contention if either one beat Alabama. It's nuts! But when you consider a 3-3 Ole Miss team is still ranked what does that tell you?

My point with this thread is the opinions and attitudes of the sports media. You may find that juvenile but the post is pretty precise in its meaning.

Well, there is that - and the idea that Alabama would be worried about UL above all others. Right now LSU is our concern. After that there is Auburn and, if we get through those, the SEC Championship. Unlike Louisville, we still have games to play. Trust me. No one on the Bama board is thinking about UL right now. Nor is Saban.

Well, there is that - and the idea that Alabama would be worried about UL above all others. Right now LSU is our concern. After that there is Auburn and, if we get through those, the SEC Championship. Unlike Louisville, we still have games to play. Trust me. No one on the Bama board is thinking about UL right now. Nor is Saban.
why do you post here clown?
go post on the bama board
your opinion is not valued or wanted here..........

all you do is piss on our rain cloud.

Louisville will be ranked in the top 6 and simply needs to win out. nothing you mention effects us in any way.

Jeez you are a sad little guy. Wow, what a great job of making your point about Nick Saban not worrying about Louisville, just like Chris Peterson at Washington isn't worried about Clemson at the moment.

You are going full butter knife now.
But hey, there's a good chance Nicky S might have to concern himself with the Cards in January.

Reactions: GoldCard
Of course. I was talking about once Alabama is in the playoff. Again, I'm smart enough to know there are other regular season games to play so you can again cease and desist telling me things that are easily known. Alabama is the clear favorite and they do have the tougher remaining schedule. I for one don't expect to see Louisville make the playoff but that doesn't mean I don't think the Cards couldn't beat the mighty Tide.

Ohio State still controls its own destiny. Louisville does not.
Louisville has to win out--that's controlling your own destiny unless you're undefeated, which tOSU no longer is.

And tOSU's and Michigan's destinies are in all likelihood no longer the same, the CFP. Before tonite, they were potentially.

Those are changes whether you want to recognize them or not...

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Of course OSU is still in it, just like about 12 or so other teams. But it is rooting for a UofL loss b/c it is now behind us looking for a playoff spot if it doesn't win the B1G championship game.

Just heard ESPN's Heather Dinich peg the Top Four as Bama, Clemson, Michigan, and Washington, with Louisville as the "X-factor". And as perhaps the team that benefited most today by tOSU losing.

The plot thickens.

And I need to be reminded... How many people here today had Penn State springing the upset??

Why is no one in the world of college football pointing out the fact that Michigan has literally only played one road game (at Rutgers I might add) and hasn't played anyone other than Wisconsin. I don't understand why they are so highly coveted right now. The big 10 is a pretty solid conference this year but their schedule is a joke.

Reactions: redrum448
I try to be cautious with predictions, but I honestly believe that UL will be the most coveted 1 loss team to make the Playoff other than Alabama. I expect Clemson & Michigan to lose at least one game before the end of the season and I think UL will jump over both of them.

Reactions: zipp
Lamar Jackson is the reason the Cards haven't been written off but there are many dominos that must fall in their favor to make the playoffs. If Alabama or LSU had the same schedule and results they would be in but in college football the school name is a huge factor when it comes to polling. If Louisville wins out and Clemson doesn't collapse Jackson's play would have to stay outstanding for Louisville to get any consideration.

Let us never forget when LSU won the national title in the Katrina bowl in New Orleans after getting spanked by Kentucky and Arkansas.

Just heard ESPN's Heather Dinich peg the Top Four as Bama, Clemson, Michigan, and Washington, with Louisville as the "X-factor". And as perhaps the team that benefited most today by tOSU losing.

The plot thickens.

And I need to be reminded... How many people here today had Penn State springing the upset??

When it comes to the CFP talk about who's in/out, she would know, she's been right about it quite a bit.

The Ohio St loss DID help us, some people may not want to admit it, and remember the CFP rankings ONLY truly matter for the last rankings, not the 1st.

Curious as to how much influence Herbstreit actually has. Seems to be strongly in U L's corner.

I don't blame him; it's hard not to be when you look at the data.

I believe UL's "x-factor" will become a reality after Michigan & tOSU play each other.

Well, things are still in their own hands. They still get to play top 5 Michigan at home. We don't have any big games left to boost us. They beat Michigan they are in the Big 10 title game.

why do you post here clown?
go post on the bama board
your opinion is not valued or wanted here..........

all you do is piss on our rain cloud.

Louisville will be ranked in the top 6 and simply needs to win out. nothing you mention effects us in any way.

He is the same in person. Here is the funny thing. You did not hear him say boo about Alabama, until Saban was hired. He is the world's biggest fairweather fan. One would also have to ask why his name is CardLaw instead of TideLaw. He proclaimed to root for U of L at one time, hence his name. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Ohio State still controls its own destiny. Louisville does not.
I can't believe I am agreeing with CardLaw, but if OSU beats Michigan (and wins out), it can control its destiny. We must win out, and the odds are still against us beating out a one loss conference champion.

Why is no one in the world of college football pointing out the fact that Michigan has literally only played one road game (at Rutgers I might add) and hasn't played anyone other than Wisconsin. I don't understand why they are so highly coveted right now. The big 10 is a pretty solid conference this year but their schedule is a joke.

Ratings.
The media, pundits, casual viewers are desirous of Bama vs OSU/Mich title game.

Lamar is exciting, however, the arrogant blue boys dont want to give UofL their
chance.

When it comes to the CFP talk about who's in/out, she would know, she's been right about it quite a bit.

The Ohio St loss DID help us, some people may not want to admit it, and remember the CFP rankings ONLY truly matter for the last rankings, not the 1st.

Correct. And bear in mind the tendency of the committee the first two years demonstrated they are not locked into the poll mentality of "win and you hold your spot or move up if someone above you lost". Both years they moved teams up over other teams that had won. Both years they did so in the final poll. So, if you are 4th on November 29th, you may find yourself 3rd or 5th on December 5th whether you win or not December 4th. If you are not playing in a conference championship that day, it make the position even more precarious.

Lamar is exciting, however, the arrogant blue boys dont want to give UofL their
chance.

In their mind, Louisville had their chance and lost to Clemson, but you are right the blue bloods get the benefit of the 2nd chance that others do not.

What amazes me is that the worse team you lose to the best chance you have. If Penn St was good enough to push for conference title, it would hurt them more (like if they lost to Michigan)

Louisville is screwed because there is no clear path to the Conference title, but there is for OSU

Figured it out.

You are Mr. Obvious!!

I never made the connection!

OTOH:
I'm calling UL for a ticket refund. Hell, I thought we had two more home games and some on the road.

Football is such a fickle sport. We're literally 2 plays away from being a basic lock for the playoffs.

1. Quick lowers his head and plows forward against Clemson. ( I don't give a sh*t about markers on sidelines, refs being Clemson fans, etc. It's football, you lower your head and plow).

2. NC States kicker makes that FG against Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT