ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity for somebody

CardHack

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I gave an earlier history lesson, and tonight reminds me of another--and one of the sources for my complete and utter disdain for John Calipari over the years. Louisville goes into Memphis to play Juanny Wagner in his one year at Memphis short both Taquan Dean and Francisco Garcia, both saddled by leg and foot injuries aggravated with trips to Tennessee. Memphis sort of teetering on the Bubble (and ultimately didn't make the tournament). Larry O'Bannon has an incredible game to keep Louisville in the game, as does Nate Daniels in his one year at Louisville. Louisville ultimately succumbs and Calipari waves students onto the floor like a third base coach waving in the winning run for a court storming that is one of the single tackiest things I've ever seen as a college basketball watcher.

Hope still abounds; I think this situation has to get some people content to be role players shaken into difference makers...not only and most obviously VJ King, but Ray Spalding has a MAJOR opportunity tonight whether he knows it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News