ADVERTISEMENT

Opinions of the at Game Experience..Did Anyone go

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
just curious if anyone went to the game and how they felt about the setup? entering and security? social distancing? etc. any policing of it? did you hear more on field voices and louder hits or fan noise still good and loud? and does it make you feel more comfortable for the future of fans at games? anything that sucked? woudl love to hear all thoughts and comments if any

Got to the stadium 1 hour before kickoff. Entry, with socially distant temperature checks and scanning electronic tickets only, went pretty quickly. It’s pretty startling how few fans are actually there. Social distancing was being followed and masks were mostly being followed with security personnel roaming the stands quite a bit enforcing masks, including asking that the mask covers the nose. Pregame music was overly loud for my taste, hard to have a conversation with masks on. The piped in crowd noise was sometimes oddly timed, after the play was over. The actual crowd cheers, muffled by the masks, was not so noticeable. The new PA guy did a pretty decent job, minus a couple of mistakes. For a guy that is not big on crowds, the reduced attendance actually suited me just fine. Hardly any lines anywhere, and post game traffic was minimal.

Got to the stadium 1 hour before kickoff. Entry, with socially distant temperature checks and scanning electronic tickets only, went pretty quickly. It’s pretty startling how few fans are actually there. Social distancing was being followed and masks were mostly being followed with security personnel roaming the stands quite a bit enforcing masks, including asking that the mask covers the nose. Pregame music was overly loud for my taste, hard to have a conversation with masks on. The piped in crowd noise was sometimes oddly timed, after the play was over. The actual crowd cheers, muffled by the masks, was not so noticeable. The new PA guy did a pretty decent job, minus a couple of mistakes. For a guy that is not big on crowds, the reduced attendance actually suited me just fine. Hardly any lines anywhere, and post game traffic was minimal.
Considering all of the issues that had to be in place, I thought things went well. Most people seemed to be approving of all of the requirements. The game was good and I expect that we will improve quickly. The new red seats made a lot difference in the appearance of the stadium. Obviously traffic management went well.

Steelers pretty much described my experience. Good to go to restrooms, beer line and concessions without much waiting. My biggest takeaway is there is really no energy in the stadium as everyone is spread out. Reminded be of the 4th quarter during our 2-10 season.

Reactions: Steelers2012
just curious if anyone went to the game and how they felt about the setup? entering and security? social distancing? etc. any policing of it? did you hear more on field voices and louder hits or fan noise still good and loud? and does it make you feel more comfortable for the future of fans at games? anything that sucked? woudl love to hear all thoughts and comments if any
I felt safer than I do at Kroger, CVS, Costco & Total Wine😄. The weathermen, as usual, were wrong. It barely drizzled at times. Been going to UL games for 50 years, so the 11,000 fans in attendance did not seem overly unusual.
Honestly, the setup is very, very safe. Do not hesitate to go if you have tickets! Traffic was a non factor. Stayed til’ the end and was home in 20 minutes. No tailgating (with tables, grills, chairs) but drinking a few cold ones with around 6-8 friends outside of your car did not cause a problem.

Reactions: gocds
I agree with the thoughts and opinions expressed above. If you have tickets you can feel safe in going to the games.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT