ADVERTISEMENT

**Open Discussion For 2016-17 Season For Both UL/UK Posters**

There's quite a few football only fans on there. But everything you said is pretty spot on.
The permanent feature of a fan base to whom history means an inordinate amount is their resentment over our progress as a football program. In order to salvage self-respect in the face of the purest horror as the modern series began, it was necessary to bring up the series beginnings back when 3 Fingers Yarmi played against the Lexington YMCA and House of David. In the sack of fears UK fans had as UofL began taking over, slowly but inexorably, was the spectre of falling into second place as the "flagship U" of our fair state. That they have fallen to #3 and bordered on less than that last season is moot, in this discussion.

Desperation has completely set in as a now-permanent UK fan image - denial, absurdities of conspircacies, lol, and now taking issue with UofL's "bogus academics" as Charlie graduated 94 of 97 recruits, Louisville's APR absolutely dwarfing their numbers and UofL producing more Fulbright Scholars than the rest of the state's schools combined don't factor in. The strangeness of a program who have dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's" in order to elevate their conference affiliation as we perceived was demanded impacts against an opaque window of misunderstanding. Instead, we see reams of resentment and churlish hatred as they swing their arms and epithets at the fantasy objects in their collective windshields, missing the entire point.

Their urge to dominate Louisville is having some major mechanical problems. Frankly, pretty much all they have left is simply the urge. The execution is hilariously lacking.

It's like teaching Johnny to swim by throwing him in the water - at 55 years old.

I think the ceiling for UK is 6 wins, barring a break out season from Barker, and the D line being better than expected. I think 5 is more likely with 4 a strong possibility.

Louisville could have a monster year if Jackson improves like QB like most players do from freshman to sophomore. Kid is a special player and can single handedly win games for the Cards. You get that and a little better running game and look out. I'm going to say 11 wins is the ceiling, 10 wins a strong possibility.

As for the Governor Cup, at this point I just don't see the Cats slowing down Jackson or being able to out score the Cards in a shootout.

Well said! Good luck this season. Celling for cats is 7-5 w/o bowl and 2-9 for conf., play. in east

O-line seems to be our Achilles heel in recruiting. We've got upper level skill players coming out the wazoo (which is awesome), but anything beyond "serviceable" O-linemen have been sparse lately.

The LAST 7 UL games saw UL getting the O-line with more clarity and better run-blocking an pass-protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnCard28
Louisville, at the end of last year looked like a team building some momentum, the QB spot which had shown lots of inconsistency was starting to solidify with a young player who looks special. There is youth all over the place on the UofL roster and we are expecting big things as they have a year of experience under their belt. Much of the D has returned and Fields was on fire at the end of last year. Louisville has much of the same team back that completely dominated Kentucky in the second half. Louisville's QB looks like a future star, Kentucky's freshman QB still has to prove he can even handle the job. Kentucky looked terrible at the end of last season. They lost a lot up front on D and there are a lot of question marks for them. The biggest is the QB spot. What is Barker going to do? The QB makes all the difference between a good team and a bad team. I'd say Louisville should have big reasons for optimism while UK just has questions.

Louisville, at the end of last year looked like a team building some momentum, the QB spot which had shown lots of inconsistency was starting to solidify with a young player who looks special. There is youth all over the place on the UofL roster and we are expecting big things as they have a year of experience under their belt. Much of the D has returned and Fields was on fire at the end of last year. Louisville has much of the same team back that completely dominated Kentucky in the second half. Louisville's QB looks like a future star, Kentucky's freshman QB still has to prove he can even handle the job. Kentucky looked terrible at the end of last season. They lost a lot up front on D and there are a lot of question marks for them. The biggest is the QB spot. What is Barker going to do? The QB makes all the difference between a good team and a bad team. I'd say Louisville should have big reasons for optimism while UK just has questions.
UK fans like to continue to use the excuses that Stoops 4 star recruits are still young even though his first two classes will be Seniors and Juniors and have benefitted from their state of the art strength, conditioning and nutritional program going on four years now. I just don't know how other programs can succeed in the same time frame and they can't. Oh yea, Stoops is their coach.

UK fans like to continue to use the excuses that Stoops 4 star recruits are still young even though his first two classes will be Seniors and Juniors and have benefitted from their state of the art strength, conditioning and nutritional program going on four years now. I just don't know how other programs can succeed in the same time frame and they can't. Oh yea, Stoops is their coach.

The much ballyhooed Erik Korem S&C program is no more at UK. From "aseaofblue.com" on April 15, 2016.

It looks like the Kentucky Wildcats' restructuring of the weightlifting and conditioning program will not include Erik Korem.
According to Scout.com's Patrick Loney, Korem is leaving UK to take a similar position with the Houston Texans in the NFL.
It shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Korem is leaving UK for another job. His high-performance program was rumored to be getting minimized this offseason in favor of a more traditional weightlifting and conditioning program. There were frequent rumors of player unhappiness and guys not buying into Korem's program during last season's 5-7 campaign, though it's unclear if that really factored into Korem leaving for what looks like a promotion if he's getting to work in the NFL.

I'm always amazed how uahkay fans hang on to a "5-7" record. They were more like "4-8" as they should have lost to EKU, a team that fired their coach.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I'm always amazed how uahkay fans hang on to a "5-7" record. They were more like "4-8" as they should have lost to EKU, a team that fired their coach.

C'mon they did beat EKU after all....and EKU finished with a winning record (6-5 in the brutal OVC)

Reactions: gocds
The much ballyhooed Erik Korem S&C program is no more at UK. From "aseaofblue.com" on April 15, 2016.

It looks like the Kentucky Wildcats' restructuring of the weightlifting and conditioning program will not include Erik Korem.
According to Scout.com's Patrick Loney, Korem is leaving UK to take a similar position with the Houston Texans in the NFL.
It shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Korem is leaving UK for another job. His high-performance program was rumored to be getting minimized this offseason in favor of a more traditional weightlifting and conditioning program. There were frequent rumors of player unhappiness and guys not buying into Korem's program during last season's 5-7 campaign, though it's unclear if that really factored into Korem leaving for what looks like a promotion if he's getting to work in the NFL.
Typical of UK. When they hire any new coach he is automatically the best thing ever. Fast forward a couple of years and the guys a bum.

Reactions: American Male
Hey, just because the guy's good enough for the NFL doesn't mean he's good enough for U uh K. I mean, the Texans don't have to face Mizzou and Vandy every year, do they?

That guy deserved to get fired. UK was an easy win they let slip away. EKU should be embarrassed.

UK just finished their third year under Stoops. Our coach had taken over after the Krags debacle and the program was down talent wise. In Louisville's third year, they dominated UK head to head, pulling Teddy in the THIRD quarter and knocked off one-loss, 3rd ranked Florida. We all see what Stoops is did in his third year. Going in to our fourth year under Strong we were discussing BCS games and dark horse Heisman chances for Teddy. They are talking about IF they'll get to six wins or not.

So far, Stoops isn't blowing my socks off. At least Brooks had the probation to blame for the slow improvement. Stoops hasn't had to deal with any probation. "But Joker Phillips....", Nope, we had Krags, there's not special extra two years added on because they had Joker. "But we're in the SEC" well, I'd give them some of that if many of the losses weren't such embarrassing routs. If they were close competitive games I'd be apt to believe things were turning around. Coming from behind in OT against EKU shouldn't be raising everyone's hopes. That's cause for worry, not reason for high hopes.

We'll see.

We need a 10-2 season. As for UK reallynot worried about them
10-2 would be a great season but that only depends on who the 2 losses were to. If those losses were to FSU and Clemson then so be it. It would mean we're still a tic or two behind the elite in the country.

I personally am hoping we've closed that elite gap and are able to win one or even both those games. Run the table taking it one game at a time and the Cards are in the championship playoff system. Maybe this is the year we see the next step. I sure hope so.

We've been close to Clemson both years.

While accurate.....close only counts for something in horseshoes and hand grenades. To be the best.....you got to beat the best, not just play them close.

IMO, it is only a matter of time before the Cards beat both the Tigers and the Noles.

So it is written, so it must be. Faith for good things to come.

While accurate.....close only counts for something in horseshoes and hand grenades. To be the best.....you got to beat the best, not just play them close.

IMO, it is only a matter of time before the Cards beat both the Tigers and the Noles.

So it is written, so it must be. Faith for good things to come.

I agree i was refering to the closing the gap comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT