ADVERTISEMENT

On a positive note ……UK lost

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
I was traveling and missed all but the first 30 minutes of TV; it was 7-0 and we had the interception. However, watching BC’s #1 getting behind our secondary for that long reception, was an early indication for me, that we arrived ill-prepare for this game. Interestingly, a little later while I could still get radio reception, Paul Rogers said it better than I could; this team was simply not prepared at game time.

On a realistic note - who gives a shit what uk did. “We lost as a 2TD favorite to a bum team but, uk lost on the road by three to the #14 team in the country so, we should feel better.”

Loser mentality.

On a realistic note - who gives a shit what uk did. “We lost as a 2TD favorite to a bum team but, uk lost on the road by three to the #14 team in the country so, we should feel better.”

Loser mentality.
BP Ghost off topic but just curious which era did you enjoy more ... Petrino 1.0 or Charlie Strong?

Well Ghost, let’s but it this way, I give “a shit“ more about UK losing to Ole Miss, that hearing you applaud Purdue beating Minnesota, as you did in another thread.

Well Ghost, let’s but it this way, I give “a shit“ more about UK losing to Ole Miss, that hearing you applaud Purdue beating Minnesota, as you did in another thread.
So rather than congratulate someone on a victory, you’d rather revel in someone’s loss so you feel less like a loser - got it. Microcosm of what ails society today.

Loser mentality Part II.

News flash Ghost ……. Purdue, nor Brohm are on my fan list, and frankly there is no reason for me to congratulate them on their win, anymore than other team who may have won yesterday.

Just for the record, we do not play Purdue in football, and clearly they are not a rival of UL in anything. UK on the other hand is our annual in-state rival which explains my glee in their loss. As UK advances in football, it only decreases UL’s likelihood of attracting in-state recruits. I want UK ago lose regardless of the opponent. I have no interest in Purdue one way or another.

Why you are so absorbed with Jeff Brohm is a mystery, as he has already rejected the UL HC job.

The issue Cardville that is being discussed in this thread is coaching, and not the level of competition. No doubt, Ole Miss is a much superior team than BC, but if you compare the performances of both games from the perspective of just coaching responsibility and game preparation in the manner in which both coaches performed …… you could make a good argument that Stoops performance was actually worse than Satterfield’s.

UL roster talent and depth are no where close to what Stoops has in place at UK, but clearly he lost to Ole Miss in ways that raise questions about his team’s lack of preparation and execution at critical points in the game.

This UL roster has some positions with sufficient talent, but too many without adequate talent. Our depth is not where a P5 conference program needs to be. There are too many positions on the defense (primarily the secondary) where the talent is well below our competition. Injuries have plagued this roster, as some of the key positions that were being counted on (like Jermaine Lole) at NT/DT, weakened this team’s defensive ability to control the LOS.

My criticism of Satterfield is more about his inability to recruit effectively in his 4 years here; losing Cunningham and Evans in the 4th quarter serves as a good example of why depth is so critical to this UL a team.

News flash Ghost ……. Purdue, nor Brohm are on my fan list, and frankly there is no reason for me to congratulate them on their win, anymore than other team who may have won yesterday.

Just for the record, we do not play Purdue in football, and clearly they are not a rival of UL in anything. UK on the other hand is our annual in-state rival which explains my glee in their loss. As UK advances in football, it only decreases UL’s likelihood of attracting in-state recruits. I want UK ago lose regardless of the opponent. I have no interest in Purdue one way or another.

Why you are so absorbed with Jeff Brohm is a mystery, as he has already rejected the UL HC job.
News flash to you chief - purdoo isn’t on my fan list either but, Jeff Brohm is - just as 99% of all former Cardinals are. That’s why I would congratulate him on that and any other victory that does not come at the expense of UofL. That you cannot congratulate Brohm on a victory against Minnesota says plenty about you - and your inane and relentless defense of the indefensible - Sunbelt Scotty.

News flash part 2. UofL isn’t beating the yuts for in state recruits as long as Coach Sunbelt is here but, they must likely would were Brohm to be at UofL.

Ghost: First of all, you have absolutely no evidence to support your statement about “99% of all former Cards” supporting Jeff as a replacement for Satterfield. Secondly, I do not believe there is any evidence that “99% of the former UL Cardinals” ever selected UL’s Head Football Coach, nor would that be a reasonable criteria.

If I understand you correctly, you are not a Purdue fan, but you are a Jeff Brohm fan. My response, is while I understand and appreciate your qualification between the two, it was not Jeff who wins or loses the games, it is the Purdue football team, which is why it is a mistake to judge the coach based on the outcome of any game. If that is your criteria, then do we credit Jeff for his losing the game to Syracuse? Some fans on this site did just that, and it appears there are an equal number of folks on this site who do not believe Jeff is the best candidate to replace Brohm.

Lastly, my “inane and relentless” defense of Satterfield is not so much about Scott remaining as our Head Coach, as it is about not making any change until there is evidence of a viable candidate who provides this University with some degree of assurance that it can meet fan expectations. All of which brings us back to Jeff, as well as Purdue.

I see the Purdue football program as one that was in far better shape when Jeff arrived, than the UL football program that Satterfield inherited. For further evidence, take some time to compare the rosters, with particular attention as to who left UL via transfer during that last Petrino season and the one after he was fired.

It is true that I do not pull for either Purdue or Jeff; as I believe his decision to refuse the opportunity to return to his alma mater when it was available sent a very strong message; specifically he viewed UL as inferior to what he had at Purdue. Now he can make subsequent statements that might contradict that, but his actions speak much louder than any words. Jeff has no motivation to leave Purdue for UL, unless he loses and Purdue initiates the change.

in an ironical twist, Purdue losing could very well increase the likelihood that Jeff would fulfill your hope by his becoming a candidate for this UL job. I would love to see Jeff here, but not as a HC, but rather in the one position that he is best suited ………. as Offensive Coordinator.

“I see the Purdue football program as one that was in far better shape when Jeff arrived, than the UL football program that Satterfield inherited”

Just not true. Purdue was a dumpster fire for multiple years prior to Brohm. Petrino quit coaching but he still had some studs on the roster when he was let go. We weren’t very much removed from Lamar’s Heisman season.

Reactions: nccardfan
Ghost: First of all, you have absolutely no evidence to support your statement about “99% of all former Cards” supporting Jeff as a replacement for Satterfield. Secondly, I do not believe there is any evidence that “99% of the former UL Cardinals” ever selected UL’s Head Football Coach, nor would that be a reasonable criteria.

If I understand you correctly, you are not a Purdue fan, but you are a Jeff Brohm fan. My response, is while I understand and appreciate your qualification between the two, it was not Jeff who wins or loses the games, it is the Purdue football team, which is why it is a mistake to judge the coach based on the outcome of any game. If that is your criteria, then do we credit Jeff for his losing the game to Syracuse? Some fans on this site did just that, and it appears there are an equal number of folks on this site who do not believe Jeff is the best candidate to replace Brohm.

Lastly, my “inane and relentless” defense of Satterfield is not so much about Scott remaining as our Head Coach, as it is about not making any change until there is evidence of a viable candidate who provides this University with some degree of assurance that it can meet fan expectations. All of which brings us back to Jeff, as well as Purdue.

I see the Purdue football program as one that was in far better shape when Jeff arrived, than the UL football program that Satterfield inherited. For further evidence, take some time to compare the rosters, with particular attention as to who left UL via transfer during that last Petrino season and the one after he was fired.

It is true that I do not pull for either Purdue or Jeff; as I believe his decision to refuse the opportunity to return to his alma mater when it was available sent a very strong message; specifically he viewed UL as inferior to what he had at Purdue. Now he can make subsequent statements that might contradict that, but his actions speak much louder than any words. Jeff has no motivation to leave Purdue for UL, unless he loses and Purdue initiates the change.

in an ironical twist, Purdue losing could very well increase the likelihood that Jeff would fulfill your hope by his becoming a candidate for this UL job. I would love to see Jeff here, but not as a HC, but rather in the one position that he is best suited ………. as Offensive Coordinator.
You’re so anxious to disagree with me, you half read what I post so you can get to your rebuttal more quickly. I didn’t say that 99% of all Cardinals support Brohm as UofL’s coach. I said that I was congratulating him on the win versus Minnesota because I support him, like I support 99% of all former Cardinals.

You won’t support a change until “evidence of a viable candidate who provides this University with some degree of assurance that it can meet fan expectations” and yet you throw your support behind a guy who has PROVEN that he is incapable of meeting that very standard.

You support Brohm as an OC at UofL?!? Who’s the HC in that scenario - Belichick? 😂 Maybe Saban could be DC and we could get Dabo as ST coach? 😂😂

Sheesh…

We can banter back and forth as much as you like Ghost, but the bottom line is most of this is about interpretations and semantics.

You are very clear in your adamant expressions to see Satterfield replaced by Brohm. In truth, I was as supportive of Jeff returning when offered the opportunity as anyone. While I was disappointed that he rejected the offer, I respected the fact that he made the decision on his own despite his family wanting him here.

I am the first to acknowledge that I have no real insight into Jeff’s future, but honestly I just fail to see a scenario where he comes back here. I won’t go back into that again, as I already shared my reasons for that belief.

Just to qualify, I have no expectation that Jeff will ever revert back to accepting the role of OC at UL, or for that matter any where in college or NFL. My point is that is where he excelled here and at WKU, and there is no shame in being an OC; aside from the differences in compensation, it is the best fit for Jeff, and quite frankly, Petrino was a much better OC than he was as a HC.

It is quite likely that Satterfield will not be here much longer, but until that decision has been made, I see no reason to heap criticism on him and encourage his departure until which time it becomes official.

We can banter back and forth as much as you like Ghost, but the bottom line is most of this is about interpretations and semantics.

You are very clear in your adamant expressions to see Satterfield replaced by Brohm. In truth, I was as supportive of Jeff returning when offered the opportunity as anyone. While I was disappointed that he rejected the offer, I respected the fact that he made the decision on his own despite his family wanting him here.

I am the first to acknowledge that I have no real insight into Jeff’s future, but honestly I just fail to see a scenario where he comes back here. I won’t go back into that again, as I already shared my reasons for that belief.

Just to qualify, I have no expectation that Jeff will ever revert back to accepting the role of OC at UL, or for that matter any where in college or NFL. My point is that is where he excelled here and at WKU, and there is no shame in being an OC; aside from the differences in compensation, it is the best fit for Jeff, and quite frankly, Petrino was a much better OC than he was as a HC.

It is quite likely that Satterfield will not be here much longer, but until that decision has been made, I see no reason to heap criticism on him and encourage his departure until which time it becomes official.
Definition of a true bandwagon fan... I'll support whoever until I don't.

Pretty sure the entire point of a message board is to banter back and forth. We clearly have different viewpoints - no harm in that. As I’ve stated previously, I believe Brohm is a realistic option that checks the most boxes for what UofL currently needs - exciting offense, immediate connection with the fan base, enhanced recruiting, player development, stability and, a higher ceiling and floor than what we have at present.

That said, I’m fully aware that at this point it is nothing more than wishful thinking on my (and many others) part. The only thing that I feel completely certain in - is that Satterfield ain’t the guy and, it is only a matter of time before they pull the plug on his time here. I sincerely hope that at that point Heird chooses someone to lead the program successfully - whoever it may be be - as UofL football simply can’t afford to keep regressing.

Ghost: very thoughtful response, and I cannot argue with a single point you just made. As far as “bantering back and forth”; absolutely, it is what these sites are designed to do.

Aside from “just football”, I doubt this school presently has the financial resources to support any more buyouts, or shows evidence that it has the level of Administrative judgement in finding and securing a candidate capable of turning this regressive performance around.

We do not have a permanent sitting President in place, we have an inexperienced AD who has never hired a football coach, and as soon as this football season ends, all media and fan attention will be turning to a newly hired basketball coach, who will be under scrutiny and pressure to return our regressive basketball program around.

National TV coverage and attendance are both affected by the on-court and on-field performances, and our decline in both major men’s programs directly affects the financial strength necessary to make any coaching change. My understanding is the AD’s efforts to obtain donations and sell season tickets has been far more challenging than at any time in the past.

I will concede that several of your points about what Brohm would bring as the replacement HC, are accurate and would likely bring a more positive outlook than what we have right now. Jeff would emphasize an offense focusing on an offense that would score more points, and we would experience increased fan support as the Brohm family have generational hero status locally.

---I will concede that several of your points about what Brohm would bring as the replacement HC, are accurate and would likely bring a more positive outlook than what we have right now. Jeff would emphasize an offense focusing on an offense that would score more points, and we would experience increased fan support as the Brohm family have generational hero status locally.
Brohm's "connection" to UofL is special. My only "concern" about him as HC is defense. He will be a great HC when he finally embraces that side of the ball.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Williedynamite
ADVERTISEMENT