ADVERTISEMENT

OMG........ Jurich was a bully!!

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Of all the nerve by Postel. He called Jurich a bully. You don't increase an athletic budget from 20 million to 100 million without asserting yourself.

I'm tired of this PC crap. NO ONE in charge of a 100 million per year enterprise doesn't get there by being a super duper nice guy all the time.

I don't care if he was a bully. Up until now the ONLY thing they've proven he did wrong was to put too much faith and trust into Pitino.

I want a hard ass bully running my program. Saban isn't known for his sweet and caring demeanor, and he's the gold standard in college coaching right now. Expect nothing less than the best and the best effort.

Reactions: shutzhund and zipp
I didn't follow closely but,

Didn't Jurich have bosses ?
Didn't he have to get final approval from THE ULAA AND the BOT for any
and all projects ?

Despite taking the University sports program to first class status, which culminated
in joining the ACC, some UofL big whigs were out to get him.

The enemies got him. Hope they're happy.

Did the university post his termination letter on rwitter or did jurich? If the university did that wouldnt that be a privacy act issue? Either way the university should not be putting personal employment info on twitter if they were the ones that did this. At best it was unprofessional

Are we going to let the enemies get away with this bullshit? How are we going to be heard? I'm not into punishing student athletes by not supporting them.
What can we do as Fighting Cardinals to fight this travestery?

Did the university post his termination letter on rwitter or did jurich? If the university did that wouldnt that be a privacy act issue? Either way the university should not be putting personal employment info on twitter if they were the ones that did this. At best it was unprofessional
The CJ got it as part of the open records law. They also got a copy of Tyra’s contract - he’s making 1.2 mil a year - a hundred grand less than TJ was - and with ZERO experience.

Clearly it’s bad to be grissom’s enemysnd, great to be his friend. I’m just glad they’ve done away with all the cronyism and replaced it with transparency. :eek:

The CJ got it as part of the open records law. They also got a copy of Tyra’s contract - he’s making 1.2 mil a year - a hundred grand less than TJ was - and with ZERO experience.

Pitino was getting $1.5 million a year or 98% of the addidas money thanks to Jurich. And Jurich's daughter gets hired by by addidas.

Eatwood - how is it that you’re so dim that you don’t know how to properly respond to a post?

Contracts are negotiated by two parties. Whatever percentage pitino was getting was what adidas wanted him to get. Jurich’s daughter has a masters degree and has worked for both the NCAA and AF academy - so she’s as least as qualified to be a brand manager for adidas as Tyra is to be an AD for UofL.

Eatwood - how is it that you’re so dim that you don’t know how to properly respond to a post?

Contracts are negotiated by two parties. Whatever percentage pitino was getting was what adidas wanted him to get. Jurich’s daughter has a masters degree and has worked for both the NCAA and AF academy - so she’s as least as qualified to be a brand manager for adidas as Tyra is to be an AD for UofL.

how did Jurich make over $5mil last year?. Why did his son get over $500K from foundation, No telling what his daughter is getting from Adidas. I'm sure it was part of UL deal. Not sure Jurich wants everything made public and Postel knows more than he is telling.

Reactions: Steve91562
My bet is no one hears much more than the two sides salvos. The lawyers get it now.
Best bet is Tom Jurich gets a severance smaller than he wants, and UofL pays out more than they want.

Neither side wants to get in much more of a pissing contest than it already has.

Last edited:
Jurich was the Queen Sheba of nepotism and insider connection for moola for him and his progeny. It was time for accountability for the embarrassing messes and time to drain the swamp.

Last edited:
how did Jurich make over $5mil last year?. Why did his son get over $500K from foundation, No telling what his daughter is getting from Adidas. I'm sure it was part of UL deal. Not sure Jurich wants everything made public and Postel knows more than he is telling.
Obviously everything - minus what adidas is paying his daughter - is public, which is how you know it. Jurich has nothing to be ashamed of - who on here has turned down a raise?

Tyra certainly had no problem saying yes to 100K a month for a job he has no qualifications for.

Why? Everything that’s come out pretty much has been proven to be BS. For one the 5 mil your talking about for Jurich was an annuity that was for over a 12 year period that had to be paid out for tax purposes. I think his actual salary was around 1.3M. I haven’t looked into Mark Jurich to see why the foundation was paying him. Tyra said today that everything thing he’s looked at so far including the 160M Adidas contract is above board.

As far as his daughter why do you care? UofL isn’t paying her salary. Are you jealous that your father didn’t help you get a job? I know I helped my son. Besides she has a masters degree and has experience working At Colorado St and the Air Force Academy. And I’m betting Postel and Grissom are the ones that don’t want things made public. It’s all going to come out in court.

Jurich was the Queen Sheba of nepotism and insider connection for moola for him and his progeny. It was time for accountability for the embarrassing messes and time to drain the swamp.

You are a complete moron. No one respond to this whatever anymore. It’s a waste of time.

It's funny how adidas hiring Jurich's daughter is a big problem for some, but it's OK for U of L to hire Grissom's former business partner, Tyra, as AD.

And I don't recall hearing a word about those business partnerships during Tyra's introductions. I had to hear about in the media when the info was unearthed.

Scumbags...

Raise your hand if you have never had anyone help you land a job or get a business deal. The chances are no one has landed a job or a business on their own. Relationships have always mattered in the business world. There is nothing wrong with Jurich hiring his son, God forbid he helps his daughter get a job at a great company, and it ok that Tyra knew Grissom. The only issue should be are all the parties doing the job they were hired to do. In this case Pitino failed to keep his program out of trouble which along with winning were his top priorities. It appears Jurich allowed his personal relationship impact his handling of the professional side on Pitino. That is on Jurich.

I will say it again, while I don't think they should have fired Jurich with cause, the relationship was beyond repair. The BOT should have settled and found a better way to part ways. The BOT better be able to back up their reasoning or they failed the University. Nobody is winning here by the way.

It is great to see the administration, athletic department, the foundation, and ULAA get the ship corrected on to the right course. Meaningful action should have and has been taken. The previous regime allowed events to occur without recourse and remediation resulting in NCAA problems, FBI involvement and national disgrace and embarrassment. What happened to the 2 transfer student athletes who could not play in the NCAA is inexcusable. This is NOT what higher education is all about. Many thanks to those who are putting us back on track.

Jurich was the Queen Sheba of nepotism and insider connection for moola for him and his progeny. It was time to for accountability for the embarrassing messes and time to drain the swamp
Raise your hand if you have never had anyone help you land a job or get a business deal. The chances are no one has landed a job or a business on their own. Relationships have always mattered in the business world. There is nothing wrong with Jurich hiring his son, God forbid he helps his daughter get a job at a great company, and it ok that Tyra knew Grissom. The only issue should be are all the parties doing the job they were hired to do. In this case Pitino failed to keep his program out of trouble which along with winning were his top priorities. It appears Jurich allowed his personal relationship impact his handling of the professional side on Pitino. That is on Jurich.

I will say it again, while I don't think they should have fired Jurich with cause, the relationship was beyond repair. The BOT should have settled and found a better way to part ways. The BOT better be able to back up their reasoning or they failed the University. Nobody is winning here by the way.

and all projects ?

Despite taking the University sports program to first class status, which culminated

It is now clear that the current administration wanted to oust Jurich for more than the current issue with CRP. Whether there is cause, will be determined by much expensive litigation. From what I have seen so far, Tyra appears to be a good hire (if there had to be one), and any angst as a result of Jurich's firing should be directed at the current administration.

It was released on a freedom of information request. UofL is a state school so people can ask questions.

Clearly it’s bad to be grissom’s enemysnd, great to be his friend. I’m just glad they’ve done away with all the cronyism and replaced it with transparency. :eek:

Someone needs to write Grissom a letter and call him a bully. Maybe in HIS termination letter.

Maybe the BOT is getting their info from Valvano. Valvano said that Jurich was a bully and didn't like him.

Ramsey & Rutherford said that Valvano wanted a promotion within the UofL Athletic Dept and Jurich turned him down. So that's why Jurich is a bully, he turned down a washed up UK loving radio hack. Bad Tom!! Bad!!

If it weren’t for Valvano’s brother he’d be reading copy for Tim Sullivan. I guess he felt that Jurich should bow down to him and give him the keys to the kingdom because of his last name. How anyone could give that hack the benefit of the doubt is asinine. He sh!t in his nest a long time ago and had to pay for his meaningless commentary. I’d rather listen to Dickie V call a game than that hog jawed cry baby.

If it weren’t for Valvano’s brother he’d be reading copy for Tim Sullivan. I guess he felt that Jurich should bow down to him and give him the keys to the kingdom because of his last name. How anyone could give that hack the benefit of the doubt is asinine. He sh!t in his nest a long time ago and had to pay for his meaningless commentary. I’d rather listen to Dickie V call a game than that hog jawed cry baby.

I have no reason to doubt what Valvano said because it is echoed by other media members. And no where did I hear Valvano suggest that Jurich bow down to him. I don’t think it’s too much to expect someone to treat another person with dignity and respect regardless of their roles.

It will be interesting to see what specifics the BOT have though because they used language that seemed to entail a specific range. To paraphrase they said the boorish approach to others ranged from “student government to superiors”.

Reactions: robman181
A couple of guys I know that worked at the station on another show several years back called him "King Valvano" because he was such a primadonna for having his weekend overnight national ESPN radio show and how you should treat him because of it.

I believe Jurich wasn't nice to him. I also know that I don't care and it doesn't affect my opinion of Jurich in any way.

Of all the nerve by Postel. He called Jurich a bully. You don't increase an athletic budget from 20 million to 100 million without asserting yourself.

I'm tired of this PC crap. NO ONE in charge of a 100 million per year enterprise doesn't get there by being a super duper nice guy all the time.

I don't care if he was a bully. Up until now the ONLY thing they've proven he did wrong was to put too much faith and trust into Pitino.

I want a hard ass bully running my program. Saban isn't known for his sweet and caring demeanor, and he's the gold standard in college coaching right now. Expect nothing less than the best and the best effort.

and all projects ?

From what I understand,Postel don"t know anything about Jurich or Louisville sports.The only reference that I have ever heard in the 20 years that Tom has been here,of him being a bully is the thousands of times the uk fans would say how he bullys and controls the media.The letter to Jurich shows that he had nothing on Tom,so his statements were all hearsay. Postel says that TJ done all the Adiddas deal on his own.Now we see the truth is,he informed trustees,invited them to negotiations and had appropriate approval.Not his fault that many of the new board members chose to ignore anything that would show or give credit to another Jurich accomplishment.The ones in power wanted him out of the way long before this mess happened.Looks like the dominos were setup perfectly for someone to stop the mega growth of Louisville sports.Is this the goal of the powers that be,or is there more to come? Is it mission accomplished or is next the falling of ticket sales and the state needs to take over and get a pro team at the Yum.How about,have Gov.Blevins puppets piss off as many of the Jurich coaching hires that will cause them to leave.Hell maybe Blevins is a puppet himself and someone else is the master.It would take some really big money and some serious planning to put little brother back where they can feel safe again.How about another movie.

I’m looking forward to his one on one interview on Monday night @11pm. He will give us even more reason to want this BOT & pals out of here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT