ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State Hammered by NCAA

It won't matter but not sure what more the NCAA can ask us to do. We have removed ourselves from all the bad actors and even went above and beyond by removing a successful AD as well. Although it wasn't a self imposed ban, I think we can all agree we missed the tournament in 2018 tournament because of this mess. Punishing coaches, players and fans who had zero involvement 3-4 years later doesn't make any sense, but then again not much about the NCAA makes any sense.

The penalty phase is different now.

Level 1 infraction-Tournament Ban. Mitigating factors could help but Louisville has a ag factor in repeat violater. Sounds like anyone with a Level 1 is getting at least 1 year.

If I had to guess I’d think we get a 1 year for the Level 1 violation and another 1 year for being repeat offender

It won't matter but not sure what more the NCAA can ask us to do. We have removed ourselves from all the bad actors and even went above and beyond by removing a successful AD as well. Although it wasn't a self imposed ban, I think we can all agree we missed the tournament in 2018 tournament because of this mess. Punishing coaches, players and fans who had zero involvement 3-4 years later doesn't make any sense, but then again not much about the NCAA makes any sense.
I agree. It never makes sense. Programs who cheat (thanks Rick!), get caught, clean house, then wait, and wait, and wait for the final outcome. THEN the NCAA comes in and smears the program even more than it already has been and punishes kids and coaches who had NOTHING to do with the original infraction. It's blatantly unfair.

I agree. It never makes sense. Programs who cheat (thanks Rick!), get caught, FARRRR that sonofabeyitch, then wait, and wait, and wait for the final outcome. THEN the NCAA comes in and smears the program even more than it already has been and punishes kids and coaches who had NOTHING to do with the original infraction. It's blatantly unfair.

FIFY

Reactions: Cue Card
We may have been slammed the last time because the NCAA felt we were shielding the head coach. We penalized ourselves, based on our version of events, and the NCAA investigation was hampered by a lack of cooperation from former Rick assistants. Oklahoma State fired one assistant, but shielded the head coach and everyone else. Hopefully, this time, cleaning house will pay some dividends. Hopefully.

It seems like this nightmare has been going on forever. I can’t image living another 2-3 yrs of it. :mad:

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT