ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating

Rhino1973

Getting the Hang of It
Jul 24, 2019
Unbelievable! This stuff has to stop. I swear it gets worse every week. In the Florida, South Carolina game, I couldn't care less about the outcome but a Florida receiver caught a pass and ran for a long TD. While running down the sideline another Florida player was blocking a defender in pursuit while holding his jersey for 30-40 yards.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There is no- friggen way no one saw that. Something has to be done about these blatant botched calls/no calls. I mean this ain't missing a guy holding in a crowded mess of big uglies. This is a wide open, plainly visible, extended hold on a touchdown . Everyone was watching them run down the field.

People make mistakes. The league will take care of it over time.

You want to read something funny, read the Wake Forest fans comments on the game the Cards played the Deacs last week. No better than what you will find from Card's forums, but it's amazing how who you root for changes your perspective.

Refs will blow one or two calls, it's a given as they are only human. If your team happens to be on the wrong side of the call, it's all about perspective.

HECK, look at New Orleans loss to the Rams last year. That fricken cost them the superbowl. THEY have a right to complain.

One could also argue that you should be good enough to not have to lose by one or two bad calls. When the game comes down to one call, that's where it's a shame.

I was a paid ref in another amature sport long time ago. It's not really a fun job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT