ADVERTISEMENT

Officials

The level of physicality allowed by college officials between the Defensive coverage and the Receiver has evolved to the point where pass interference penalty could be called on virtually every single route.

ND corners are very talented, but the contact yesterday was by definition “Pass Interference”; so often the contact occurring prior to the ball arriving.

The spotting of the football was consistently favoring ND; something that is very critical for a team that runs the football as much as the Irish do.

In fairness, the biased officiating that we witnessed in South Bend yesterday was evident all over the country. Intentional or not, the officiating seems to have a predetermined outcome in too many of these games.

The program is going to have to play at its highest level to overcome the whistle lean. in the marquee games.

There is controversy in a lot of games, not just ours. Unbiased posters on X posting vids of insane ref decisions are unmasking things.
Doesn't make me feel better about yesterday but you're right. The issue I have is we have to overcome it at home too.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
As bad as some of the calls have been in the ND and even the timeout call in the GT game it’s not what lost the game yesterday. Ball security killed us. Brooks (I think) catches the ball instead of allowing it to deflect perfectly to the ND corner turns out to be the difference in the game. We need to cleanup our play.
We’ve been dealing with bad refs in the ACC since we entered the conference and we’re not alone.

As bad as some of the calls have been in the ND and even the timeout call in the GT game it’s not what lost the game yesterday. Ball security killed us. Brooks (I think) catches the ball instead of allowing it to deflect perfectly to the ND corner turns out to be the difference in the game. We need to cleanup our play.
We’ve been dealing with bad refs in the ACC since we entered the conference and we’re not alone.
The refs are not just bad. They're clearly biased. And a few critical to each game are likely taking payments from gambling organizations. And that is not an idle comment. You put this much money into sports and the sport becomes a target for cheating.

While the Cards (including coaches) did a very successful job of blowing off both feet with their own shotgun yesterday, the refs were there to make sure they couldn't win using whatever remained of their bloody stumps.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnotherCFD
Cards didn't have a turnover until yesterday's game, so don't think a cleanup is necessary. Brooks drop into a INT was a fluke and something we haven't seen from him.

The bad snap on the punt wasn't a fluke but simply a mistake that we also haven't seen in years actually. ND had its own TO's so it was pretty much a push with turnovers.

So I disagree and say it was the suspect play calling in key spots that hurt the Cards more, but it was the officiating that definitely cost the Cards the game.

The double pass interference was the dagger in my mind. If ND had to come back instead of trying to hold onto the lead, I believe the Cards would have prevailed.

Unless of course a terrible pass interference flag on Louisville with a minute to go would give ND the win?

Reactions: AnotherCFD
Just saw the ending of Minnesota Michigan game. There was a royal screw job by the refs to keep Mich playoff hopes alive. It's pretty sick to watch this happening every where to keep the big names going forward all in the name of $$$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT