ADVERTISEMENT

Official. TJ fired. BOT voted 10-3.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Papa John voted in favor to fire Jurich. Looks like Pizza Hut tonight.

He will have another job by the end of the week if he wants it, he will probably take the pitino route and sue for some of his contract then ride off into the sunset. Not one single athletic department in the country is absolutely squeaky clean.....

Another page turned.

I'm not happy about any of this but I do understand the reason behind the actions. It's another sad day for Cardinals fans all across the nation. We will survive but there will be some tough times we'll have to deal with.

Reactions: nccardfan
Was there a reason for the termination? I am confused how the entire board could vote yes for this. What were they thinking? I’m devastated!

As a University of Louisville alumnus, I fully support a clean slate in the men's basketball program all the way up to the athletic director. It is time to rebuild through the NCAA sanctions and bring integrity back into the program.

I agree. While I have liked what TJ has done in improving facilities and building up non-revenue sports, the reputation of the University has been significantly damaged by the repeated scandals that occurred in his shop. If this was a well-compensated CEO being fired for multiple major scandals, nobody would think twice about it.

I have two degrees from U of L and the diplomas don't say University of Tom Jurich. To think that he alone is capable of running a highly successful athletic department is nonsense. The University will move on and be fine.

Was there a reason for the termination? I am confused how the entire board could vote yes for this. What were they thinking? I’m devastated!

Postel said that he will not make any comments or statements. Dark days ahead :(

As a University of Louisville alumnus, I fully support a clean slate in the men's basketball program all the way up to the athletic director. It is time to rebuild through the NCAA sanctions and bring integrity back into the program.

I agree. While I have liked what TJ has done in improving facilities and building up non-revenue sports, the reputation of the University has been significantly damaged by the repeated scandals that occurred in his shop. If this was a well-compensated CEO being fired for multiple major scandals, nobody would think twice about it.

I have two degrees from U of L and the diplomas don't say University of Tom Jurich. To think that he alone is capable of running a highly successful athletic department is nonsense. The University will move on and be fine.

You’re correct that there are other ADs, good luck hiring one half as good as Jurich. Vince might be a good short term deal, but he has zero connections. I hope they do a national search for both the President and AD. But MR Transparent has been anything but. And I hope you guys are right but it’s not going to be sure thing by a long shot. And UL isn’t Michigan or Auburn so we can slip fast. And I remember those days. I personally like the variety of top teams we have at UL, that’s going to be hard to maintain if we start losing coach, which we will. That’s a given.

Reactions: American Male
Those who are talking about turning there back on UL, don’t. This is when the school needs you most. Keep the pressure on Grissom and Postel. Make sure they know we care. Grissom has already had a misstep when he hired the consultant and three days later he was caught at the Cardinal Club shoplifting. And Postel isn’t qualified for the job as President. That should be apparent when the faculty showed today because their concerned with the hiring process of the new President.

Because of the moves of the "interim" President and the BOT, a campaign should be started to oust Postel and the BOT. They want a clean slate...then do it. You fired your AD and the BB COACH...why not Petrino and the rest of the Leadership. That's your clean slate! Postel and the BOT wanted to show their power. I have no problem with Pitino getting fired because of the first scandal. Jurich needed to stay because they are going to loose the 2013 title, the 2012 appearance and possibly the Death Penalty to the BB program. Regardless what happens...this is going to affect UofL for at least 5 to 10 years.

Because of the moves of the "interim" President and the BOT, a campaign should be started to oust Postel and the BOT. They want a clean slate...then do it. You fired your AD and the BB COACH...why not Petrino and the rest of the Leadership. That's your clean slate! Postel and the BOT wanted to show their power. I have no problem with Pitino getting fired because of the first scandal. Jurich needed to stay because they are going to loose the 2013 title, the 2012 appearance and possibly the Death Penalty to the BB program. Regardless what happens...this is going to affect UofL for at least 5 to 10 years.

If you want a new Board then better consider who you vote for next time.

If you want a new Board then better consider who you vote for next time.

This is so true.

"We have some other fish to fry, as you could imagine." Grissom's words before Jurich vote. That tells me it was personal and the outcome predetermined. It was cold, unprofessional, and unbecoming of a board chair. Whatever can be done to get his ass off campus has to be done. Public enemy #1 in my book.

Best wishes to Tom Jurich and his family both professionally and personally. My only hope is that he doesn't go to work for one of our future opponents in any sport. I don't want UofL to have to compete against a Tom Jurich athletic program, because we all know how good he is at building programs.

Will never stop being a fan of UofL athletics but based upon this gutless move today by grissom and his ball washer postel, I won’t renew either my football or basketball (4 seats to both) tickets next year.

I’ll simply join the thousands of others who enjoy the program without investing in it.

Last edited:
Best wishes to Tom Jurich and his family both professionally and personally. My only hope is that he doesn't go to work for one of our future opponents in any sport. I don't want UofL to have to compete against a Tom Jurich athletic program, because we all know how good he is at building programs.

I have a feeling that Jurich will stay away from college for a while.

What I am disappointed about was that we never named or built anything in his honor. :(

Reactions: BPGhost and Deeva
Will never stop being a fan of UofL athletics but based upon this gutless move today by grissom and his call washer postel, I won’t renew either my football or basketball (4 seats to both) tickets next year.

I’ll simply join the thousands of others who enjoy the program without investing in it.
I have friends who want tickets.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Cry it out, little buddy. Tom and your all's tears taste fvcking delicious. Fair weathered fans up clogging up this toilet of a board. Go figure.
Actually has always been a pretty good message board. Not many turds until recently.

Funny, nobody remembers you posting your sanctimonious drivel here until the last few weeks.

Nice handle too. What the hell is “UL”? Underwriters Laboratories? It’s UofL and always has been. “UK” is in Lexington.

Whether you agree with the decision or not Postel and other BOT members come off as giant (insert female body part here) Man up and answer questions...the fans deserve something. They ran out the door like cockroaches run when the lights come on.

I think the reason for not answering questions is likely because there is a threat of a wrongful termination lawsuit and it rarely helps to speak to the press about pending litigation.

I'm sure more will come out about what transpired this afternoon and in the weeks leading up to today.

ADVERTISEMENT