ADVERTISEMENT

Official fan party reports?

seashore

500+
Nov 24, 2005
Didn't spend the extra money for a 'free' party tonight. First time ever we haven't gone to a bowl party. Any reports from those of you who went tonight? Wildhorse Saloon, I think. Tickets were enclosed with bowl tickets purchased through UofL.

Thanks,
Ellen

Which pre-game party will the UL cheerleaders and Louie will be at? I believe that's free if I'm not mistaken.

The free party was last night at the Wildhorse. Great crowd and great fun. There is another party today at the Wildhorse that costs $15.00 to enter. Still have to buy food and drink. There is a alumni event at the Hard Rock Cafe that cost $40.00 but includes a Bbq buffet.

Wildhorse Saloon before did not go well. Bathrooms locked on 2nd and 3rd floors. Not enough servers. Walked in and out. Got our money back. Sorry Joey W about the bad experience. They didn't seem to care. Maybe it was a better time the night before. Went next door to George Jones rooftop bar. That was a good time, overlooking the river, stadium before the game.
Found the Opryland Hotel and the free parking (not the $24) to walk through for a few minutes. Found Howie and Igor. Got on the radio. Got a tshirt:)
Had early meal at Blackstone. That is always good. Got growlers filled.
Hotel let us check in early so even though we left Nashville earlier than planned, got some use out of it.
After the game, we were pushed hard by someone running through the crowd as we walked up to the pedestrian bridge. Went directly back to the hotel and my husband's wallet was gone. Hope no one else had that bad luck. We called who we could based on my similar wallet contents so only had one bogus charge when reported. Had a little more money than usual on him so they got that.
Goodbye Nashville. Hadn't been there since MTS football game 10 years ago. Bad memory so we won't be back again for another 10:-(
Football was stressful. We moved all over the club area just to relieve the stress of the game. Wonderful outcome. So many injuries:-( Will have to watch that game today.
Day or two of rest then back to UL and women's basketball Friday night.
Happy New Year
Ellen

Wildhorse Saloon was great Tuesday nite for the UL Bash fans that had ordered their tickets through UL ticket office. It was another story for the Wednesday pre-game party by Joey Wagner & his group. Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!! Party of eight of us arrived at 1:30 and walked out after being there 2 hrs and couldn't get lunch or anyone to come to our big table to take our orders. This was 8 folks that pre-ordered tickets at $15 +tax. They decided to take walk in folks at the door for $20 cover charge. That caused a huge issue for the folks that planned ahead. Wildhorse Saloon could not handle the crowd and it was obvious they didn't have the personnel to service that many folks.
We didn't want to walk out...the music was good and it was an ideal place for a big party. When we heard folks say they had ordered food and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get their food, we had no choice to walk.

We go to Nashville on a fairly regular basis, and Wildhorse is NOT on our "must stop in" list.

Rude staff mostly. Restrooms out of order. This didn't change just because UL rented it. We liked being with the fans there, but I hate spending money in there.

There is nothing special about Wildhorse. Every town has one.

We prefer the little Honky Tonks and dives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT