ADVERTISEMENT

Oddsmakers

Jack Coffee

4500+
Staff
Sep 18, 2006
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around tomorrows game. I can only scratch my head at the 24.5 point spread that the oddsmakers have assigned to the game. That seems like a lot to me but I am certainly not objective toward the outcome of the game. Most prognosticators seem to be basing their predictions on the fact that regardless of the opponent Alabama has never lost an opening game. But what about Louisville? The Cards are the unknown factor in predicting the outcome in Orlando. The oddsmakers and pundits can't know more about Louisville's defense than I do and I know very little. I do know that the Cards had some good defensive players redshirted and injured last season. I do know we have a new defensive coach that has been good, but is he now? Who knows? Not me and surely not them.
Things I do know: we have an experienced offensive line and great receivers and Alabama lost their top six defensive backs to graduation. We have a quarterback that was highly recruited and is in his third year in Petrino's system and has passed well when in games.
Do I think Alabama will defeat the Cards by 25 points? No way, unless Louisville turns it over or is defensively inept. Will the Cards win? I have no expectation of a victory for Louisville. That's makes it even sweeter when we do win.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.