ADVERTISEMENT

Nwora - Concern going forward

mwagner20

New Poster, Show Me Love
Feb 13, 2012
Want to start by saying Nwora came up big the other day but I have a concern that is starting to bother me a little bit . It seems lately he is getting a little over dramatic in my opinion for my liking trying to draw fouls. Throwing the head back and flailing the arms while looking at the refs waiting for a call. That's the beginnings of a bad habit he doesn't need to get comfortable with.

You may be right - don't want to show up the refs. I think if he just plays hard calls should come his way. Maybe this is an example of needing to just be tougher?

Want to start by saying Nwora came up big the other day but I have a concern that is starting to bother me a little bit . It seems lately he is getting a little over dramatic in my opinion for my liking trying to draw fouls. Throwing the head back and flailing the arms while looking at the refs waiting for a call. That's the beginnings of a bad habit he doesn't need to get comfortable with.

You mean like Ryan McMahan? I hate when they go for getting fouled over making the play. Take care of business and if you get fouled great!

Guys, I hate to say it and I like all of you hate when our players do it, but that is todays college basketball. Throwing your head back, falling with very little contact, etc. all get called in todays game. Refs have gotten so much worse with ALL the emphasis they put on everything over the last 5-7 years. Ruining the game.

What bothers me more about Nwora is when he hit a late 3, he turned towards our bench and was hamming it up while UNC came down and made one pass and their guy hit an open 3 negating Nwora’s. It didn’t cost us though as we were well ahead. Hopefully CM scolded him on that one.

What bothers me more about Nwora is when he hit a late 3, he turned towards our bench and was hamming it up while UNC came down and made one pass and their guy hit an open 3 negating Nwora’s. It didn’t cost us though as we were well ahead. Hopefully CM scolded him on that one.

Yeah he’s got a touch of Hollywood in him. Lol

I saw that as well late in the game. I get being excited and jacked up about their overall performance... Make a shot and get back down the floor and play defense.

I saw that as well late in the game. I get being excited and jacked up about their overall performance... Make a shot and get back down the floor and play defense.
Agree. That's why I like players like Sutton more. All business and plays his ass off. No show boating. Just goes to work out there. Nwora could learn a thing or two from Sutton IMO.

Love Nwora, but his age shows when it comes to his celebration sometimes. Def would like to see him more reserved and harder working on defense and getting back like Dwayne.

Reactions: Cue Card
Agree. That's why I like players like Sutton more. All business and plays his ass off. No show boating. Just goes to work out there. Nwora could learn a thing or two from Sutton IMO.

Sutton celebrated after nearly every score he had but okay.

Guys, I hate to say it and I like all of you hate when our players do it, but that is todays college basketball. Throwing your head back, falling with very little contact, etc. all get called in todays game. Refs have gotten so much worse with ALL the emphasis they put on everything over the last 5-7 years. Ruining the game.

Yeah your right , that is just the way it is in today's climate. Between the lack of fundamentals, flopping, and that ugly a$$ Euro step ( aka traveling) being used today is also making the NBA unwatchable. Yes your correct about the Ref's as well. It's crazy. But it is what it is. Go Cards !

I'm glad he is on our team, but his TO's drive me insane!!!!!

I’m with you, because most times there unforced. I think he’s rushing. One game he threw it right to a player on the other team. He needs to clean that up.

His dramatics pale in comparison to some of our more notorious drama creators in the past, Non issue. He just needs to focus on his man on D, and the rest will be fine!!

Reactions: CardsFirst
Sutton celebrated after nearly every score he had but okay.
His celebrations are within the moment and not over exaggerated. He's having fun. That's what he should be doing. All of them should be having fun. I'm not against that. Not at all.

His celebrations are within the moment and not over exaggerated. He's having fun. That's what he should be doing. All of them should be having fun. I'm not against that. Not at all.
His celebrations are usually after a plus 1 foul, otherwords dead ball situation. Nwora celebrates while the ball is still live and the other team is headed for a fast break. Big difference.

Im not criticizing him for it. My point was in response to an earlier post that acted like Nwora does a TD celebration every time he scores a basket and said he needs to act like Sutton more who the scores and runs back down the court. Sutton is an emtional player and shows it all the time. He celebrates after most of his shots which is fine as long ss you arent doing so instead of playing defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT