39 Justin Brummett DB Fr (w)

40 Brock Travelstead K Fr

45 Duane Martin ATH Fr

77 Kobe Baynes OL Fr

81 Braden Smith WR So

86 Corey Reed WR Jr

89 Christian Fitzpatrick WR Fr

98 Ja’Darien Boykin DE Fr

A couple of interesting roster tweaks.... It seems that Justin Ford is still on the gocards.com roster after entering the transfer portal, though whether that’s due to him deciding to stay at Louisville or simply a roster mistake I’m not sure.

Also, wide receiver Corey Reed (#86) has returned after spending 2019 at Iowa Western CC.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
I know they are going to end up with probably over 100 players with all of the walk-ons they are adding, but I wish there was a way they could avoid handing out #8.

Honestly, I’d go the other way... honor #8 as soon as possible (#5 as welll) and unretire #16. Lamar definitely is deserving of a statue like JohnnyU.

Honestly, I’d go the other way... honor #8 as soon as possible (#5 as welll) and unretire #16. Lamar definitely is deserving of a statue like JohnnyU.
Once an honor is bestowed, it should not be taken away just because time has passed. The people who made the decision to retire that number were much closer in time to Unitas’ playing days and did not intend for it to be temporary. Throwing away our history is why we are a program with so little tradition.

Heck Mark Ingram’s numbed is already retired at Bama, no reason Lamar shouldn’t have his jersey retired, statue built, and stadium named after him.

Recruits need to know when they walk in the door that Lamar Jackson, the NFL MVP and coolest player on the planet, played at UofL.

Reactions: gocds
Heck Mark Ingram’s numbed is already retired at Bama, no reason Lamar shouldn’t have his jersey retired, statue built, and stadium named after him.

Recruits need to know when they walk in the door that Lamar Jackson, the NFL MVP and coolest player on the planet, played at UofL.

I’m quite sure they ALL know and are properly informed. I’d be up for retiring his jersey.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT