ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame game

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Unfortunately this is a TERRIBLE matchup for us. Their strength is their big, experienced offensive line. And we all know about our defensive line. I’ll be surprised if we cover the point spread.

They have trouble with speed. You got a ton of that. It'll be closer than you may think, and this season NOTHING is a shock.

Reactions: gocds
Many on the defensive side of the ball were cleared literally a day or two before the game last Saturday night. It showed on Saturday night and plenty of rust after nearly three weeks away from football. ND has a big strong defensive line and two of their best defenders will be back Saturday. Like I said in preseason, you never know until the game's over. I expect Louisville to show up Saturday and ready to play football. It's ND and Louisville---I love it. Go Irish!

Notre Dame seems to struggle against dual threat quarterbacks. I am not predicting a win or even a close game but Cunningham might have a good game.

Reactions: gocds
This is going to be a bloodbath. Not even sure I want to watch it. Notre Dame has a great offense line, and our defense stinks. We would be better off to just forfeit the game.

All I want to see is a fight out of our guys.

We are supposed to lose this game. ND recruits 4 and 5 star guys and have a 10+ year coach in place. We just have to fight and show we aren't scared.

Last year, we came out and got those 2 quick TDs. Yeah, they blew us out the rest of the game, but we proved we could fight with them.

His name escapes me, but ND landed a TE from Cov. Cath. last year. I watched them play week one, and that "kid" was a man child out there. Something tells me they'll dial his number frequently Saturday. But, if they choose to keep it on the ground, they will run all over us. We've got a nice rushing attack, right? The Irish average nearly 100 more yards per game on the ground than the Cards. Forget about keeping this game competitive. Let's get our guys home injury free.

His name escapes me, but ND landed a TE from Cov. Cath. last year. I watched them play week one, and that "kid" was a man child out there. Something tells me they'll dial his number frequently Saturday. But, if they choose to keep it on the ground, they will run all over us. We've got a nice rushing attack, right? The Irish average nearly 100 more yards per game on the ground than the Cards. Forget about keeping this game competitive. Let's get our guys home injury free.

The young man's name is Michael Mayer and he is a force in the offense. ND sometimes uses three Tight Ends on plays. Tommy Rees is in his first year as an offensive coordinator. He's done a fine job bringing the offense together. Michael is 6'5'' and 238 pounds. He's quick, fast and possess very soft hands. Watch out for Tommy Trimble too. ND loves to play them together; both are tremendous blockers. Rees loves playing Tremble at the full back position.

Mayer was a 5 Star and was the MVP (as a TE) at the National Camp (can’t remember if it was Rivals, the Opening or AA) as he dominated the 7v7 portion as a pass catcher (no blocking).
Kid is a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT