ADVERTISEMENT

Notice of Allegations coming Soon?

It seemed like he was more interested in Pitino getting a show cause than us getting a big penalty.

IMO, I think we get a decent penalty, but we didn’t brazenly play Bowen. Some schools didn’t care who was implicated in pay-for-play. They simply played them. That should be our biggest argument.

Also, it’s refreshing that the Pitino hate from the media has now moved to another school. Forde was ripping iona.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommodoreCard
It seemed like he was more interested in Pitino getting a show cause than us getting a big penalty.

IMO, I think we get a decent penalty, but we didn’t brazenly play Bowen. Some schools didn’t care who was implemented in pay-for-play. They simply played them. That should be our biggest argument.

Also, it’s refreshing that the Pitino hate from the media has now moved to another school. Forde was ripping iona.
If anybody should be ripped, it should be the NCAA by not letting us get past this mess..

I don’t see how the NCAA will be able to do anything at this point in time since they can’t have games or have anyone talk to each other

You’d have to be stupid to think the NOA won’t arrive soon. Forde is simply taking advantage of there being nothing else to write about. Click bait.

These punishments are all about PR, not really solving the underlying issues. Punishing us hard accomplishes two things: 1. Makes people who aren't paying attention think the NCAA has this all under control, and 2. Makes it look like corruption is a Louisville problem, an aberration, not all schools.

The only thing we have going for us is we cleaned house.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Not a fan of Forde at all. Nothing would tickle him more than to see UofL hammered by the NCAA.

I totally agree. Back when “dick” was a hot item here at UofL Forde was all over him like a cheap suit, but now he has turned against him. It kinda reminds me of his distaste for Denny Crum back in the ‘90s. Of course Forde (and the curious urinal) were all about winning journalism awards back in the day. As a journalist, I find Pat Forde to be an untrustworthy opportunist. Nothing more or less.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I totally agree. Back when “dick” was a hot item here at UofL Forde was all over him like a cheap suit, but now he has turned against him. It kinda reminds me of his distaste for Denny Crum back in the ‘90s. Of course Forde (and the curious urinal) were all about winning journalism awards back in the day. As a journalist, I find Pat Forde to be an untrustworthy opportunist. Nothing more or less.

The crap journal was jealous that the Lexghanistan herald won a Pulitzer by uncovering the usual uofk cheating.
The crap journal is determined to achieve a similar result by bringing down UofL.

Reactions: gocds

Gocds, I had no idea you were a journalist. :oops: So let me clarify my opinion on media folks. Back in the day, many moons ago we trusted the profession. Back in the day, journalists were truth seekers and wrote the news and spoke the news with integrity.

Those days started disappearing a couple decades ago. Not to say there's not still good folks out there today doing this profession. The bad have just outnumbered the good. I just don't trust the messengers today.

Gocds, I had no idea you were a journalist. :oops: So let me clarify my opinion on media folks. Back in the day, many moons ago we trusted the profession. Back in the day, journalists were truth seekers and wrote the news and spoke the news with integrity.

Those days started disappearing a couple decades ago. Not to say there's not still good folks out there today doing this profession. The bad have just outnumbered the good. I just don't trust the messengers today.

And I agree. I actually remember Forde being put on “probation” by the curious urinal for something unjournalistic that he did. That probably wouldn’t happen today. There was a time when yellow journalism was left to those publications that you see in the check-out counters but that isn’t the case any longer. Maybe competition from internet writers, etc. have created too much competition for typical sources to deal with, but for whatever reason “yellow journalism” is the norm and standard these days.

Forde is the prime example of someone who seems to hate where he is from. He just loves to go after the Cards and KenSucky to prove he’s not like people from this area.

He loved to kiss up to Rick when he was beloved by the New York elite types as a basketball genius. But when one hint of scandal hit here, he really just went all in to attack our school.

I don’t think we’ll get hammered this time around, and should that happen, I expect Vince will fight it like hell in court. Color me not concerned.

What we all have to remember is most of the journalist at the crap journal are from Big 10 schools. Their allegiance is to that conference and those schools. The LOUISVILLE magazine is the same way. I use to buy the magazine and the paper but they were writing more negative articles about the city and the University so I quit buying both.

This occurs because the “journalist” wants to be first and break the news without all the facts, or holds on to too much information and only reports half truths.

Reactions: gocds
Forde does his best to fan the flames of this FBI stuff as one of the co-authors to the original hit pieces. Nothing more...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT