ADVERTISEMENT

Not that it Matters, we are #40 in Recruiting Ranking by 247sports

Are we expecting any surprises today?

If not, we may fall a few spots today. This is a depth class. It’s not the class that’s gonna make us rise to beat Clemson/FSU yearly, but help us get started building a roster.

Reactions: Jesse82
Kind of sucks what signing day has become. It was a national event. Parties were held. There was buzz. The early signing period has killed it.

Kind of sucks what signing day has become. It was a national event. Parties were held. There was buzz. The early signing period has killed it.
Don't sell yourself short. Helluva lot of people at the event last nite at Bailout for the buzz to have been completely killed off. I go to these routinely, and the turnout and enthusiasm was as strong as I've seen it...

Look guys we won 7 regular season games with a whole new staff, no depth, and a new attitude. I know of 2 games , Fla. St and Notre Dame in which I believe we beat ourselves. Bad penalties and turnovers hurt more than usual and we couldn't recover. We can realistically win 9 or 10 this season with major skill position returnees and almost 2 whole classes coming in. This team could be scary . they are gonna move the ball and score on everyone they play and fans won't even recognize the defense. In exited. Please stay for many, many years and build a program. We have never had that luxury but we deserve it. Mark my words, I predicted 8 w' s last year so hopefully I'm Consistant.

Reactions: gocds and Jesse82
Look guys we won 7 regular season games with a whole new staff, no depth, and a new attitude. I know of 2 games , Fla. St and Notre Dame in which I believe we beat ourselves. Bad penalties and turnovers hurt more than usual and we couldn't recover. We can realistically win 9 or 10 this season with major skill position returnees and almost 2 whole classes coming in. This team could be scary . they are gonna move the ball and score on everyone they play and fans won't even recognize the defense. In exited. Please stay for many, many years and build a program. We have never had that luxury but we deserve it. Mark my words, I predicted 8 w' s last year so hopefully I'm Consistant.
Let’s see how we look in 2-3 years. With better roster management and good coaching we can be a consistent 8+ wins per year program and make runs at a conference title some years. I can’t wait!

Reactions: gocds
Let’s see how we look in 2-3 years. With better roster management and good coaching we can be a consistent 8+ wins per year program and make runs at a conference title some years. I can’t wait!
It actually is crazy to think that this still is Bobby’s roster in the 1st string.

The explosive quick guys are what Bobby loaded up on. Scott is wanting depth on the lines and big physical guys. This team will be different looking once Scott’s players take over the roster.

There is a genuine skill in finding kids that are legit ballers that don’t meet the traditional metrics. There are a ton of 3 stars that would be 4 stars if they were 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

Petrino was really good at finding those kind of players. Louisville has 2 players under 6 ft tall that are up there as the best in their position, Atwell and Hawkins. Satterfield did the same at App.

The only question is can they find and develop Dline. I am not worried about the Oline as long as Ledford is there.

Kinda argues that it's not about the players, doesn't it?...
On offense for this team, yeah.

But the defense has nothing and was left with nothing. Small and lacking depth. Even when we were doing well on offense, Bobby’s defense was slipping every single year until it hit rock bottom.

Reactions: teamcanada
Kinda argues that it's not about the players, doesn't it?...
Players develop over time and with coaching. You need both. It’s not an accident that the top ranked recruiting schools correlate pretty well with success.

Players develop over time and with coaching. You need both. It’s not an accident that the top ranked recruiting schools correlate pretty well with success.

I agree. The top ranked recruiting schools coach kids up each and every day of every year. Regardless of a kid’s star ranking they are made better with excellent coaching at schools like Alabama and Clemson, etc. I believe there is an inherent ability from our existing staff from CSS on down to do the same thing here.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

GT at 26 jumps out at me.

GT?

New coach with 3 whole years as a HC and an overall record of 18-19, running a totally new system for GT, and they’re at 26?

Geography matters more than anyone wants to admit.

And FWIW, six of those listed schools ahead of us are closer to GA and FLA than we are.

We must develop players and build our name. Just as we always have.

They’re in Atlanta, a goldmine of top talent. And Florida isn’t too far down the road either. Not too big of a head scratcher.
Like I say, geography matters more than anything when you’re trying to recruit “better”.

Does anybody think Saban would maintain his CURRENT recruiting success if were to go to Minnesota?

They’re in Atlanta, a goldmine of top talent. And Florida isn’t too far down the road either. Not too big of a head scratcher.
My Tech friends in Atlanta always complained that recruiting there was tougher there because of higher academic standards.

My Tech friends in Atlanta always complained that recruiting there was tougher there because of higher academic standards.
Didn’t they, like Notre Dame and Stanford, lower standards for athletes?

Pretty sure when Stanford was courting Harbaugh, he told them he couldn’t recruit there with their standards.

So they changed them.

Not sure about GT..... but they’re 26th. ;);)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT