ADVERTISEMENT

Not scared of Kentucky Football.....not at all

Clarence_Witherspoon

One-Star Poster
Aug 27, 2012
Southern Miss season fan here looking forward to our matchup with Kentucky. So I have watched their program over the years and every year they seem to $hit the bed and miss a bowl game. I see where everyone is predicting them to beat USM but I don't think they know what they are in for against the Golden Eagles. Nick Mullens is a top college QB who will pick apart Mark Stoops defense. USM 38 - UK 34

20140906_mjm_ac9_167.JPG.0.jpg

1314-smis-all-girls-cheer-950.jpg

Your QB may be very good, but don't overlook the run. LPT can't stop it. Their defense this year may be historically bad.

LPT Football: What can we stop?...

Reactions: American Male
Long time no see, Clarence. I don't converse with many UK football fans, but those I have understand S. Miss will be a challenge. It kind of feels like a must win for UK, given they need this one for bowl eligibility, as others have suggested. Glad to see S. Miss back after that rough patch.

Long time no see, Clarence. I don't converse with many UK football fans, but those I have understand S. Miss will be a challenge. It kind of feels like a must win for UK, given they need this one for bowl eligibility, as others have suggested. Glad to see S. Miss back after that rough patch.
Until Kats can run and pass in ankle deep water Kats can't do squat. You guys had to play again'st Teddy and we had to commit against that!?

I hope USM kicks the cayuts butts. I understand that there is a return game scheduled for Hattiesburg down the road. Don't be surprised if USM wins this game that the cayuts pull out of that deal.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It is true Clarence; the UK fans have disrespected So Miss all summer and Fall. I tried to caution them as to the huge tradition that your school has in football, but to no avail.

UK will have an offense with some skill positions, particularly with Boom Williams ar RB, but he has a history of prone to injury. As previously mentioned in this thread, UK's defense is not only inexperienced, they are shallow as well. If Mullens can start out with the expected success throwing the football, it should open up the running game and that could prove fatal for a UK defense that is historically poorly conditioned in 4th quarter.

I just retuned home from Biloxi/Gulfport and people here in Kentucky "think" they know what a humid 2 a days in August are like, but most have no idea what humid summer days in the Gulf are until you experience it.

Wishing you guys a win!

Southern Miss season fan here looking forward to our matchup with Kentucky. So I have watched their program over the years and every year they seem to $hit the bed and miss a bowl game. I see where everyone is predicting them to beat USM but I don't think they know what they are in for against the Golden Eagles. Nick Mullens is a top college QB who will pick apart Mark Stoops defense. USM 38 - UK 34

1314-smis-all-girls-cheer-950.jpg

Welcome back Clarence! I've missed your enthusiastic posts and of course your pics of the USM ladies. Stop by anytime, especially after your victory over them thar Cayuts.

Here's the thing...their LBs and DLine are garbage and won't get any pass rush on your QB. You all return an insanely good QB, a RB who ran for 1,100 yards last year and caught 500 yards last year...and you return 2 of your top 3 WRs. Their secondary is their best unit but like I said..no pass rush and crappy LBs. You all should be able to run the ball all day and rack up tons of yards in the middle of the field and with dump offs. Stoops defense always seems to leave the middle of the field open. I have no idea how good your defense is but it will "probably" be tested. I say probably because they do have some talent on offense but that all depends on Drew Barker and he's honestly looked like dookie in the very limited time he's been on the field. The crowd will be into it..being the first game of the season and they haven't had their spirits broken yet by another disappointing season...but if you all jump out early, you can take the crowd out of it because the entire stadium will start that "here we go again" thing and this will help negate the home field advantage.

This is a very, very winnable game for USM as Mark Stoops is simply not a good in game coach and he's not good at making adjustments. I do think he's gotten a big upgrade with Eddie Gran though at OC...so that might improve his in game coaching.

I hope USM kicks the cayuts butts. I understand that there is a return game scheduled for Hattiesburg down the road. Don't be surprised if USM wins this game that the cayuts pull out of that deal.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
That will give the slappies a pretty fair losing streak against CUSA.

LPT Football: Setting all kinda records...

And that's better than I expected.

LPT Football: On a collision course with .500 football...

Reactions: Wordless65
Thanks for the support. We will be making the trip to Lexington. Hopefully I don't get duped to going to another gay bar like I did when I came in for the USM vs UofL basketball game a few years ago. Some of you told me to take my group to a bar called Connects or something like that. That was really not cool. We got in a fist fight, not good.

Nick Mullens is coming off a great year from a statistical stand point. He threw for over 4400 yards while tossing 38 touchdown passes in 2015. He is a solid football player.

It takes more than just a solid QB to beat football teams though. How is the USM defense this year? Who did USM lose? Who do they have coming back? USM put up over 500 yards a game on offense last year. Can they do that again this year?

I would absolutely love to see USM take down UofK to start the season. I hope that comes true. I like Clarence and the USM program a whole lot more than I like UofK. :D

Thanks for the support. We will be making the trip to Lexington. Hopefully I don't get duped to going to another gay bar like I did when I came in for the USM vs UofL basketball game a few years ago. Some of you told me to take my group to a bar called Connects or something like that. That was really not cool. We got in a fist fight, not good.
That was probably zipp but it's one of his favorites.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

QUESTION: How have you mastered the art of being an idiot on every subject?
ANSWER: I live and sleep with slapd!cks.

Not what you wanna read.

LPT Football: Always overmatched....
You are the master of changing subject lines and distorting facts. Here's something everyone wants to read. Just google Kevin Zipperle, jeffersonville or Harbours or even Yum Center and you'll get all the facts you need.

Last edited:
You are the master of changing subject lines and distorting facts. Here's something everyone wants to read. Just google Kevin Zipperle, jeffersontown or Harbours or even Yum Center and you'll get all the facts you need.
There's a slight difference between opinion and fact, a$$wipe. You need to get past your google page.

LPT Football: Don't google us...

There's a slight difference between opinion and fact, a$$wipe. You need to get past your google page.

LPT Football: Don't google us...
Haha.. I read all the opinions I needed on Topix Jeffersonville. Sometimes you just know the truth when you hear it. That's the fact, Jack... Err Kev!

Damn Clarence, I changed the channel when it was 35-10, flipped back near the end and WTF? Gratz.

Some guy on the cayuts board is blaming UAB!!!! :D

-----
Shouldhave enjoyed an easy win against UAB tonight. Thanks for temporarily folding your program causing us to schedule Southern Miss a-holes.

What an absolutely brutal night. Unbelievable
Now that's a pure nugget of gold.

OMG.....hilariousssssss hahahahahahaha

Reactions: beasleythecard

Yeah...sorry bout that Clarence. I MAY have been one of the guys who suggested that place. Consider it a fun hazing prank to the new guy in town. Won't happen again. Promise. To make it up to you, let me suggest a luxurious sauna and massage at one of our cities best kept secrets...Vapor Spa. You'll feel like a new man.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT