ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina recruiting

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
UNC football recruiting is really impressive under Mack they have 10-4star recruits. They could be a new power in the near future.

I’m not sure of what to make of this “success” by UNC. Mack is obviously doing a good job there but I still question if he can coach these kids to success against the likes of Clemson. Yeah, I know, they played them close last year but I’d be more likely to blame Clemson over confidence for that. Let’s see what happens this coming season. Mack’s coaching resume doesn’t lend its self to his being a great college coach consistently. Actually, and admittedly I’m biased, I like our chances of high success more than I would UNC’s.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I think they could be a good team pretty soon. They had a nice class defensively in 2020 especially with Grimes reclassifying. And they have talent on offense including a Sophmore QB who threw 36 touchdowns. A 1000 yard rusher and 2 1000 yard WR. Plus they’ve picked up some skill players on offense in the 2020 and 2022 classes. They are gonna be tough to deal with if Mack has the right coordinators. He usually won big at Texas when he had a QB and he has a QB. Hope he can stick it to Miami

Mack Brown will be 69 when the season starts. What he is doing is incredible but he's got a short window.
I disagree, that’d be like saying Nick Saban has a short window. Joe Paterno coach until he was 84, football are these guys entire life’s and some coaches will do it until they are on their death bed.

They’re both old and will make similar mistakes; however, one has a congenital stuttering issue that he’s had all of his life. A stutterer will hesitate when they feel stuttering coming on interrupting their train of thought. The other not so much. We have an outstanding coach at UofL that has been helped immensely by the speech pathologists at UofL and now he can actually make a public speech along with having press conferences with very few, if any, issues.

I’m not sure of what to make of this “success” by UNC. Mack is obviously doing a good job there but I still question if he can coach these kids to success against the likes of Clemson. Yeah, I know, they played them close last year but I’d be more likely to blame Clemson over confidence for that. Let’s see what happens this coming season. Mack’s coaching resume doesn’t lend its self to his being a great college coach consistently. Actually, and admittedly I’m biased, I like our chances of high success more than I would UNC’s.

Wow! Not sure if you didn't start following college football until about 2012 or what but you need to go back and take a look at Mack's career as a whole. He built UNC into a contender the first go around and then won a million games at Texas and a national championship. He burnt out towards the end at Texas but then took 5 years off to recharge his battery. I'm a Clemson fan and I hear this from tons of our own fans and I just assume people aren't long time followers of college football when they make comments about Mack not being able to coach.

Wow! Not sure if you didn't start following college football until about 2012 or what but you need to go back and take a look at Mack's career as a whole. He built UNC into a contender the first go around and then won a million games at Texas and a national championship. He burnt out towards the end at Texas but then took 5 years off to recharge his battery. I'm a Clemson fan and I hear this from tons of our own fans and I just assume people aren't long time followers of college football when they make comments about Mack not being able to coach.

I did not say Coach Mack Brown is not a good coach. He has had success in various seasons at Texas and UNC. Not so much at Tulane. He has had the advantage of coaching at high profile schools so that is that. I believe (being nearly 77 myself) that his age is against him. Not sure young kids want to play for an elder statesman. At any rate, I like our chances a lot more than I like his chances.

He probably won’t be around long and UNC knows that since they tried to hire Mack as head coach and Satterfield as associate head coach. They probably made a 5 year deal for Mack to rebuild the program and someone else in mind to takeover after he has done his part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT