ADVERTISEMENT

No Governor's Cup this year. SEC sticks to 10 conference games only.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Who do we schedule for the one non-conference game, WKU or Murray?

It's not going to matter; there won't be a season. We're all just setting ourselves up for a disappointment even entertaining these thoughts. The first kid that gets it and ends up on a ventilator or worse, the season will end immediately. The situation with the Florida Marlins shows how fragile this all is, and those folks get paid while NCAAF is "unpaid amateurs" (quotes emphasized).

If it all works out, I’d like to play Cincinnati.

$EC voted 13-1 for conference only. USCjr was the only vote for plus 1.

It will almost certainly be one of the other two state schools (WKU and Murray) already on the schedule.

I think the extra game has to be against an in state school. My granddaughter just graduated from Murray, so I'd say play the Racers.

Murray State has no business playing Louisville. I graduated from MSU in 1978 and I find it embarrassing seeing my school destroyed on the field. Most of Murray's starters wouldn't make the Card's third or fourth team. Two million dollars wouldn't be enough money to endure the butt kicking Louisville would lay on Murray State. At least play Western Ky, Indiana or Purdue; pleases for my stomach's sake.

Reactions: PHCARD
Murray State has no business playing Louisville. I graduated from MSU in 1978 and I find it embarrassing seeing my school destroyed on the field. Most of Murray's starters wouldn't make the Card's third or fourth team. Two million dollars wouldn't be enough money to endure the butt kicking Louisville would lay on Murray State. At least play Western Ky, Indiana or Purdue; pleases for my stomach's sake.

I love MSU's stadium (or at least I did in the 90's the last time I drove by there), it looks great from the highway as you drive through town. My family used to go on vacation in that area every year, the Land Between the Lakes is a treasure.

Well, sometimes it's nice heading into the stadium knowing the team will likely get a win. The scores against Murray dating back the last 30 years haven't been pretty: 55-10, 66-21, 73-10, 68-0. However, sandwiched in there in 2011 was a 21-9 win. Charlie ball wasn't always fun, offensively speaking. Also, Murray once had a two game win streak over UofL in the early 80's.

They are a worthy in-state opponent, IMO.

Murray has always had a decent football team, but Louisville is light years ahead of their teams in the 80's. MSU has no chance of staying on the field against the Cards in 2020. Just another bad day for the racehorses (Thoroughbreds).

Original plan reportedly was to be 1 non conference game to be in state school...UK/UofL, Clemson/USCjr, Florida/FSU. Trouble brewed due to some of the other rivalries were already in conference..Bama/Auburn, the Mississippi's, Georgia/Florida.

Big 10 has been playing ten conference games I believe.
UK schedule includes Florida, Uscjr, Mizzou, Georgia, Tennessee,Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Auburn, Ol Miss and Alabama.
Tough enough. 5 road, 5 home.
A shame...I was looking forward to the yearly bitch fest with the Cards.

Reactions: PushupMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT