ADVERTISEMENT

No Fans at NCAA Tourney Games

That is going to be weird this tournament will be wide open now. It was already a weird year where a lot of small schools upset the bigger school but now could be more so. A lot of players feed off the emotions of their fans. How pumped can you be to win a game that will feel like a practice game.

I wonder if the Ivy League will reconsider their decision to cancel their tournament and go ahead and play it without fans?

Yeah this will be the strangest March Madness ever. Can't imagine the tournament without the roar of the crowd. It will make the Final Four and Championship feel really anticlimactic.

Might be a blessing for our team . Since they are used to not playing with any fire anyway.
Disagree, I think without a crowd we will really be unmotivated and flat.

Hopefully they move these games to smaller high school gyms to minimize the effect of no fans..

Disagree, I think without a crowd we will really be unmotivated and flat.

Hopefully they move these games to smaller high school gyms to minimize the effect of no fans..
I met it in humor. But what you saying is the underlining of what i met though ! Dam shame we have think like this.

I just heard that starting tomorrow, the ACC will not allow fans in for the remainder of the tournament.

Yeah....ACC, BIG 10, BIG 12 no fans starting tomorrow. At least the team will have a game or more to adjust to situation before ncaa tourney

I just wonder about the mental psych for these players . How do you prepare your mind to play at a high level and make yourself think the game is real without a crowd watching? You cannot tell me that it's easy to do when your used to playing in front of a crowd..

I just wonder about the mental psych for these players . How do you prepare your mind to play at a high level and make yourself think the game is real without a crowd watching? You cannot tell me that it's easy to do when your used to playing in front of a crowd..

Obviously you’ve never played a pickup game at a public park:D...some of the hardest play I’ve ever been a part of

This would be a perfect time for computer graphics. LOL. We got to watch it on TV so why not make the seats look like outer space, or a bunch of fans screaming non stop?

Just a silly thought.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I grew up in the projects and played years in the dirtbowl

I said that tongue in cheek, but obviously you’ve played at parks so you know how hard guys go when there is no one else watching. I just hope our guys come to play hard, they seem to struggle with that even when there is a crowd

The NBA has postponed season after one player tested positive. Just a matter of time before a college player tests positive. Tournament may well not happen at all.

One player tests positive, 14 day incubation period....all that breathing & sweating, lots of folks exposed. Based on the NBA response, I agree with you, just a matter of time before the NCAAT is cancelled and my Spring is ruined. I already have next Thu and Fri scheduled off (I do this every year, two days where I ignore chores and my children and do nothing but watch basketball). I am in denial at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT