ADVERTISEMENT

No college football until spring

I AM in favor of college football taking the field this September. I’m also in favor of allowing about 20K, or so, fans to be in attendance. With all of this being said, at my “advanced” age I’m probably not going to be sitting in one of my four seats on a regular basis. Rather, I’ll be in front of my flat screen watching whatever college football I can get. Hopefully that will be UofL each week. I WILL try to have someone use my tickets each and every week, but I’m not sure how UofL will distribute those and which games I’ll be allowed to attend. Waiting and waiting and , , , , , , ,

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
My comparison to it being safer than going to the grocery store wasn't about contact..... it was the fact that every player and staff member you will be on the field with has been tested within a day of playing and kept in a bubble till the game. That is NOT true of the grocery store.

I don't know all the logistics of it being safe to travel, etc... but i do know that the rate of infection for these athletes, in all sports that are practicing or playing....is WAY below that of the rest of the country.

I concur, Doug. Also, athletes are getting access to medical care and supervision that the rest of the country doesn’t have.
I would feel better if the athletes received a stipend for their participation, however. The television revenue for these games is likely to be through the roof, as our thirst for live sports has only grown.

My comparison to it being safer than going to the grocery store wasn't about contact..... it was the fact that every player and staff member you will be on the field with has been tested within a day of playing and kept in a bubble till the game. That is NOT true of the grocery store.

I don't know all the logistics of it being safe to travel, etc... but i do know that the rate of infection for these athletes, in all sports that are practicing or playing....is WAY below that of the rest of the country.

It would be hard to impossible to get that genie back in the bottle and would open up another can of financial worms and employee issues if it goes down that hole

I concur, Doug. Also, athletes are getting access to medical care and supervision that the rest of the country doesn’t have.
I would feel better if the athletes received a stipend for their participation, however. The television revenue for these games is likely to be through the roof, as our thirst for live sports has only grown.

Scholarship athletes DO get a stipend already. I’m not sure how much but it’s part and parcel of their free ride. And of course, as others have mentioned, they have fantastic medical care along with room, board and tuition/books. A very good deal. Now my issue with outright salary for these kids always opens up several cans of worms. As a former employer I have to ask about “workers compensation” Incase of injury and that’s just for starters. How about unemployment insurance? A couple of weeks ago I suggested that if NIL becomes a reality at UofL that the school offer business and tax advice thru the knowledge and experience of the UofL School of Business. I renew that suggestion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

The AD from K-State was on the Packer show and his comments made a lot of sense. Basically, they will treat Corona positive players as if the had a concussion or any other injury. Before they are cleared to rejoin the team, they have to go through a protocol and be absolutely clear of virus before they can come back.

Reactions: Mayoman
The AD from K-State was on the Packer show and his comments made a lot of sense. Basically, they will treat Corona positive players as if the had a concussion or any other injury. Before they are cleared to rejoin the team, they have to go through a protocol and be absolutely clear of virus before they can come back.
So shouldn’t the protocol be 14 days of quarantine for him and every person he was in contact with?

So shouldn’t the protocol be 14 days of quarantine for him and every person he was in contact with?
Good point. However, I know a lady that was quarantined after contact with a patient then released three days later when her own test was negative. There is likely a protocol that when two tests show negative the original patient is cleared and the quarantine is lifted, even if those tests are in a shorter time frame than 14 days.

I was a manager for Wal-Mart 15 years . Ten of em In was there Black Friday.
Full contact shopping is more real than pro wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT