ADVERTISEMENT

No chatter about the two transfers?

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
??
Emily E from Syracuse seems like an older Payton V.
The guard from Vandy shoukd help provide depth and experience at the guard position.

I would have thought Cardchick would have been all over it!

??
Emily E from Syracuse seems like an older Payton V.
The guard from Vandy shoukd help provide depth and experience at the guard position.
Do we have any scholarships available?

I count 15 with the 4 newcomers. Is Williams a walk on?

How many scholarships in the women's game?

I foresee a couple maybe transferring. Parker? Williams? Russell? Maybe not but if all 15 can play...

This could be Walz's best team.

Emily Engstler is transferring to Louisville? She a tough player I thought one of Syracuse’s best players. Their roster shows she is only a junior, does she have to sit out a year or because of Covid will she be eligible next year?

Don’t know about sitting out. My guess is no. I do believe Williams is a walk-on.

Extremely excited about Engstler. She will absolutely add major value to the team coming back next year . . . whomever that may or maynot include. I have been extremely impressed with her every time I have seen her play.

Emily Engstler is transferring to Louisville? She a tough player I thought one of Syracuse’s best players. Their roster shows she is only a junior, does she have to sit out a year or because of Covid will she be eligible next year?
I believe the way it works is she can use next year as an additional junior year ( as can all juniors throughout the country). Therefore she still would have two years of eligibility left if she chose to use them. From my understanding anyone that played college basketball this season gets one year of additional eligibility if they chose to use it.

Reactions: Bardman
Excellent picks for the Lady Cards. However, just 24 hours after identifying “lack of height“ as reason for loss to Stanford, it is a little surprising that Jeff brings in a pair of transferring guards (6’1” and a 5’7” respectively) to the roster.

Reactions: Guardman
Excellent picks for the Lady Cards. However, just 24 hours after identifying “lack of height“ as reason for loss to Stanford, it is a little surprising that Jeff brings in a pair of transferring guards (6’1” and a 5’7” respectively) to the roster.
Yes, I am not quite understanding either.

You can only take the transfers you can get. I'm sure if there's a tall post player in the portal who's interested in UofL, Coach Walz would accept the transfer over a short guard.

But apparently there isn't and wasn't.

I think taking the transfers is more about adding the leadership they can bring.

I don’t know much about Williams but Engsler is a really good player and she does play taller than 6’1””. We have Payton Verhulst coming in and is now listed at 6’2” but I saw a photo
Of her next to her sister who is 6’4”’and she doesn’t look 2” shorter. We also have Schetnan coming in at 6’5””.

Emily Engstler had 15 rebounds vs. Boston College this season and 11 and 10 in two games against Louisville. I think she's a fine rebounder. She averaged 9.1 a contest in 2020-21.

The Cards recruited Chelsie Hall very heavily her senior year. All she did at Vandy was shoot 49.5% from three-point range and score over 1000 points in her career. I think she's a great "get" and worth the scholly.

--sonja--

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT