ADVERTISEMENT

No chance beating UK this season now....

T-Bone74

Four-Star Poster
Aug 5, 2001
Just heard on the radio that Mark stoops said today and his press conference that he was happy to hear have a players only meeting last night before the season started.

Crap!!! We got no shot at beating them now. Add that with all the fans going nuts about Matt Elam's slim fast diet. They may make the playoff this year.

I just don't get their optimism every summer, they were outplayed by a bad EKU team and lost to a bad Vandy team last year. Smdh

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
They have finally realized they are better off coaching themselves

Just heard on the radio that Mark stoops said today and his press conference that he was happy to hear have a players only meeting last night before the season started.

Crap!!! We got no shot at beating them now. Add that with all the fans going nuts about Matt Elam's slim fast diet. They may make the playoff this year.

Damn, now I'm really scared. I knew this day was coming but I just buried my head in the sand. ;):p:p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

All kidding aside, that literally is the dumbest fan base in America. They really are playing up the "bigger, faster, stronger" angle like every single year. And they aren't joking. They're giddy because Boom's arms are bigger and their players lifted weights this off season. I thought the swoons in the second half of the last 2 seasons might quiet some of that $hit down. But no siree; they really are that dumb.

A "players-only" meeting for Markie's lads, lol. What could go wrong? An excess of emotion this early in the season is a grand thing.

A "players-only" meeting for Markie's lads, lol. What could go wrong? An excess of emotion this early in the season is a grand thing.

They just might be jumping on the kids that are "working too hard and showing all the rest up". I'd be damned concerned if I was on the uahkay coaching staff. But, in reality, they probably don't really care.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Was it an all players meeting, or was it 2 p
All kidding aside, that literally is the dumbest fan base in America. They really are playing up the "bigger, faster, stronger" angle like every single year. And they aren't joking. They're giddy because Boom's arms are bigger and their players lifted weights this off season. I thought the swoons in the second half of the last 2 seasons might quiet some of that $hit down. But no siree; they really are that dumb.

It's really amazing how quickly they forget it all. Three straight games against Mississippi State, Tennessee and Georgia where they were blown out and not competitive. The Vandy debacle. 8 men on the field on a punt return. Getting mauled in the 2nd half by Louisville. Elam's lack of development. Starting QB transfers leaving them basically with a rookie. All forgotten!

I don't know how they can experience all that and more, and have any hope for the future.

Yes, the WR's wanted to let Coach know who they are willing to catch throws from early this year. Last year it was a big problem because they waited until after game 9 to let him know that if Towles was the QB they were just going to intentionally drop his passes. This year the Cats will be playing the QB the players want not who the coaches think is better from the get go.

I'm not saying they can't eke because, frankly, a P5 team has to be pretty bad not to. But their moron fans are the only ones talking that team up. Some of those idiots are even playing up the "we should never lose to that commuter school." Utter morons

I'm not saying they can't eke because, frankly, a P5 team has to be pretty bad not to. But their moron fans are the only ones talking that team up. Some of those idiots are even playing up the "we should never lose to that commuter school." Utter morons
You don't realize we have Gran and Hinshaw this year. It's like having two Belichick's. That will leave coach Stoops to do what he does best - yell at the officials.

I tell ya, reading their practice thread it sounds like they're ready to play Bama TODAY!!!! Imagine Freddie Maggard has them at least penciled in to a major bowl. He's very impressed!

Yes, the WR's wanted to let Coach know who they are willing to catch throws from early this year. Last year it was a big problem because they waited until after game 9 to let him know that if Towles was the QB they were just going to intentionally drop his passes. This year the Cats will be playing the QB the players want not who the coaches think is better from the get go.
Inmates running the asylum much?

Whatever happened to that strength coach that was doing things with players in the weight room that the NFL was trying to copy? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa idiots

You don't realize we have Gran and Hinshaw this year. It's like having two Belichick's. That will leave coach Stoops to do what he does best - yell at the officials.
It's either major bowl or bust. Stoops likes his guys to be home at Christmas so if it's not a New Year's Day bowl UK doesn't want to play in it.

Reactions: JPFisher
Whatever happened to that strength coach that was doing things with players in the weight room that the NFL was trying to copy? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa idiots
You are talking about The high impact training they have been doing. Once people saw how it transformed Matt Elam into the athletic machine he is today they had to many people clamoring for it and they were unable to keep him on staff.

I just don't get their optimism every summer, they were outplayed by a bad EKU team and lost to a bad Vandy team last year. Smdh

You'd be optimistic too if someone was shoving a bunch of ice cream down your throat in the heat of summer. Does it get any better than that? Bonus if it's neopolitan.

Reactions: rockycard and atiba
Let's face it nearly all fan bases get excited this time of year as football season approaches and all look for positives and improvements over last year's performances.

The marked difference with them is that they think that they are the only program that has improved. they look at other programs and can tell you every deficient thing about them without acknowledging the other teams have moved to correct their problems, most times with better athletes.

This leads to part of their delusion that they are "catching up." While recruiting is better the reality is that they are still near the bottom of their conference in what they consider their biggest achievement.

We had a nice 5 yr run. Florida a 29 yr run. And all the other streaks. But it all ends......NOW!!!.......Or 2017.........or 2018.

In all seriousness where do they come up with this bull$hit that they shouldn't ever lose to us?

I think it comes from an elitist attitude that they are "the" state school. Never mind that there are plenty of non "state" schools around the country that are very good.

Really, the fact that they have squandered whatever resource advantage they had, that's their fault. We've done a lot with very little and have built our program up over the past 30 years to where people are wondering if we can compete with FSU and Clemson. People wonder if they can compete with Vandy.

The fact that they are having a players-only meeting BEFORE the season even starts should be a MAJOR concern to anyone associated with that program, fans and coaches included. If they were any good at all they would be worried about doing their jobs and PLAYING winning football, ala UofL, instead of continuing to just TALK about it.

They play AT Florida and Alabama in the first five games, so we know they will start the season MINIMUM 3-2, not to mention that Southern Miss and USC Jr aren't gimme games. We saw them quit the last two years when they started losing after the strong starts, so what will they do this year with losses earlier in the year? This will be a train wreck season, the only question is when it begins? Saps.

Reactions: Mayoman
They are not yet a week into camp, and players are leaving the program. Starting to look like a dumpster fire over there....
But according to some, it doesn't matter if they lose their starting DE 3 days into practices and just after the big players-only meeting, lol. They have talent galore in August - just look at their recruiting ratings! Yahtzee's out tha butt, baby!!

I think it comes from an elitist attitude that they are "the" state school. Never mind that there are plenty of non "state" schools around the country that are very good.

Really, the fact that they have squandered whatever resource advantage they had, that's their fault. We've done a lot with very little and have built our program up over the past 30 years to where people are wondering if we can compete with FSU and Clemson. People wonder if they can compete with Vandy.

This post earns double, triple, quadruple likes from me.

I would add: people wonder if they can compete with Vandy, USCjr, and whatever Miss. school they play. They already know about the UF and UT losing streaks/record. And when was the last time they beat UGA?

Oh, I almost forgot Mizzou.....they might beat them some but it won't be the automatic W some in BBN think it is. Most delusional fan base in the USA.....sad to say.

Reactions: bobwest and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT