ADVERTISEMENT

No back door now.

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Looks like Louisville can't win the ACC through the back door now. With FSU's loss today there's not going to be a 3 way tie. So if the Cards win tonight it pretty much wraps up the Atlantic division. The Clemson/FSU game will not matter. Of course this assumes the Cards won't lose to Duke NC St, Va, Wake or BC, but even if they did lose one they would own the tie breaker over Clemson.

So it's time for the Cards to make the statement tonight that the Atlantic division goes through Louisville. If we lose, the playoff will most likely be gone even if we finish 11-1. Unless they want to pick two teams from one conference or Clemson loses twice and the odds on this are pretty high.

Looks like Louisville can't win the ACC through the back door now. With FSU's loss today there's not going to be a 3 way tie. So if the Cards win tonight it pretty much wraps up the Atlantic division. The Clemson/FSU game will not matter. Of course this assumes the Cards won't lose to Duke NC St, Va, Wake or BC, but even if they did lose one they would own the tie breaker over Clemson.

So it's time for the Cards to make the statement tonight that the Atlantic division goes through Louisville. If we lose, the playoff will most likely be gone even if we finish 11-1. Unless they want to pick two teams from one conference or Clemson loses twice and the odds on this are pretty high.
I disagree. We will still have 5 ACC games left to play after tonight, and after watching UNC come back and kick a last second FG to win the game against FSU, nothing is a given. Nothing. We have to play them one at a time no matter what happens tonight.

True enough on the OP. The loser tonight will be hanging by a thread as far as the ACC Atlantic Title is concerned.

Clemson is not going to lose 2 more ACC games after tonight and neither is Louisville barring injuries to one of the 2 Heisman QB candidates.

Go Cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
I disagree. We will still have 5 ACC games left to play after tonight, and after watching UNC come back and kick a last second FG to win the game against FSU, nothing is a given. Nothing. We have to play them one at a time no matter what happens tonight.
What are you exactly disagreeing with? A 3 way tie? There's no need to talk about the possibilities. Hell, Wake Forest has one loss. Maybe they will beat Clemson and Louisville and win the division? The point of my post was the talk about how the Cards could still win the division even if they lost tonight. A FSU win over Clemson later in the year was a good possibility. But all that changed with FSU's 2nd conference loss today. Now if you want to believe anything can happen and both the Cards or Clemson could lose to obvious inferior teams than that's your choice. I think the statement that all teams play them one at a time goes without saying.

But hey, UK's up 3-0 on Alabama. Is it a given the Tide will come back and win?

Yes, we need to take the next step. If we win the coin toss? What do you think take the ball or defer ?????

What are you exactly disagreeing with? A 3 way tie? There's no need to talk about the possibilities. Hell, Wake Forest has one loss. Maybe they will beat Clemson and Louisville and win the division? The point of my post was the talk about how the Cards could still win the division even if they lost tonight. A FSU win over Clemson later in the year was a good possibility. But all that changed with FSU's 2nd conference loss today. Now if you want to believe anything can happen and both the Cards or Clemson could lose to obvious inferior teams than that's your choice. I think the statement that all teams play them one at a time goes without saying.

But hey, UK's up 3-0 on Alabama. Is it a given the Tide will come back and win?
I thought I was pretty clear. The outcome last night while important doesn't mean the season is over. Had the Cardinals won (which they didn't), they would still have 5 conference games left to play no matter what the name on the jersey says. We can't just assume a win is going to happen for anyone in this conference. I think the ACC has a very good competitive football conference. You gave me the impression you feel nobody can beat FSU, Clemson, or UofL not named FSU, Clemson, or UofL. UNC shot that theory all to hell just yesterday. Got to play and WIN them one at a time. That goes for everyone.

This was the year to do it just don't see it next year losing too much on the defensive side of the ball and the recruiting is not still at that Clemson and Fl.st level across the board.

I thought the Cards were a year away due to the O-line.
They were so good the 1st four games.

If not the playoffs, a BcS bowl game against Tennessee or Michigan would
be great.

Especially Tennessee.

Clemson beat Auburn and Troy by six points each. Sure they can lose a game at FSU or one at Wake. Even a home game with Pitt or NC State.

They lose a game and they drop back into a tie for the division lead if we win out, although they win the tie-breaker and play in the championship game against another school like Miami or Carolina. And Clemson probably drops BEHIND us in the polls, for sure if they lose two games. Their body of work will be the issue.

If Clemson could play all of their remaining games in Saturday nite's environment, I'd feel pretty good about their chances of going undefeated. But that's not happening. It's a long season, and we play the games to make sure the predictions are confirmed.

You don't get slotted into the Final Four because you're a P5 conference champion, even an undefeated one. There are a lot of possibilities in how the CFP will resolve itself, and those who generalize about how it works have but two years of experience to draw from. This process is still in its infancy...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT