ADVERTISEMENT

Nike reps being subpoenaed today

I hope not they need to get every bit of this uncovered. This will help college BB and college sport. Recruiting is a dirty business that needs cleaned up.
If we have to be the first to fall, so be it. We will not be the last. I love college BB. Always have, always will, but recruiting and the AAU circuit is a sordid mess that needs to be cleaned up or else the game I love will be no more.

I wish I had a poker table big enough to seat everyone who thinks UK, Duke or UNC will see any negativity from all this.

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
I hope not they need to get every bit of this uncovered. This will help college BB and college sport. Recruiting is a dirty business that needs cleaned up.
Everyone with a brain has known this stuff goes on. I honestly think now we have a chance to clean up this issue now that everyone involved realized that there are possible criminal charges coming their way. That IMO will be the biggest deterrent for the dirty recruiting.

I wish I had a poker table big enough to seat everyone who thinks UK, Duke or UNC will see any negativity from all this.

The FBI does not play favorites, they will go wherever the evidence takes them. If no crime has been committed they will still notify the NCAA. I doubt they care even if they burn the blueblood schools all to the ground.

Reactions: American Male
The FBI does not play favorites, they will go wherever the evidence takes them. If no crime has been committed they will still notify the NCAA. I doubt they care even if they burn the blueblood schools all to the ground.

"The FBI does not play favorites"...hahahaha. You are obviously a Democrat. Only a liberal would have made that statement after the 2016 election.

2 years investigating and we're the best they could come up with? I think ESPN 30 for 30 "Broke" revealed more about crooked agents and financial advisers than this investigation. And that came out in 2012.

Reactions: JohnCard28
"The FBI does not play favorites"...hahahaha. You are obviously a Democrat. Only a liberal would have made that statement after the 2016 election.

Obviously you don't know sports or politics. I may be open-minded but I have planted my feet firmly on the right for politics. We were not discussing Hillary's crimes, it was NCAA basketball. So if you want to keep playing the victim, by all means continue.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Signed:
Hillary Clinton
What the hell does Hillary Clinton have to do with the FBI investigation of College basketball and whether or not the Feds will be favorable towards certain blue blood programs? (They will not).

For the record I can't stand Hillary so please. This is a sports board.

Jeez:confused:

Reactions: Rollem Cards
What the hell does Hillary Clinton have to do with the FBI investigation of College basketball and whether or not the Feds will be favorable towards certain blue blood programs? (They will not).

For the record I can't stand Hillary so please. This is a sports board.

Jeez:confused:
I mostly agree but after the last election?

I'm not convinced the FBI can't be bought today. MONEY controls EVERYTHING!!!

You're right ....back to sports!

Some may say this is sour grapes but, here I go anyway. This is only the beginning, why they chose to go after U of L and Adidas first I don't know but Nike is next. From UNC, Miami, and yes UK heads are going to roll. I heard a UK caller call in to 93. 9 the Ville and preceded to tell us U of L fans how we should get threw this. Really if he thinks W. W. W. And Cal isn't mixed up in this somehow he is crazy. LeBron and Drake and West hanging around the program, who thinks that is all on the up and up. Especially now since LeBron is trying to branch out his brand like Jordan did with Jump man. And what about Oregon football everyone knows the owner of Nike writes blank checks to that school like it is nothing. My thing is everyone who is laughing at us today better be worried about their own house in the coming months.

We now know how it was done, through a 3rd party. This could be done whether the "HC" knew it or not. All it would take is a willing assistant to make it happen. Just like what happened to us.

As for UK, it is only a matter of time before we find out how they landed all those recruits and celebrated "biggest day in UK Basketball History" during the NBA draft

Some may say this is sour grapes but, here I go anyway. This is only the beginning, why they chose to go after U of L and Adidas first I don't know but Nike is next. From UNC, Miami, and yes UK heads are going to roll. I heard a UK caller call in to 93. 9 the Ville and preceded to tell us U of L fans how we should get threw this. Really if he thinks W. W. W. And Cal isn't mixed up in this somehow he is crazy. LeBron and Drake and West hanging around the program, who thinks that is all on the up and up. Especially now since LeBron is trying to branch out his brand like Jordan did with Jump man. And what about Oregon football everyone knows the owner of Nike writes blank checks to that school like it is nothing. My thing is everyone who is laughing at us today better be worried about their own house in the coming months.
You my friend are right.....a little birdie told me that there is another school in this state being looked at hard and there is more to come out about a lot of schools and other brands.

All the jokesters will not be laughing and pointing fingers in the end and some other coaches may end up in the league when its all said and done.

College basketball is about to change big in the near future. Bank on it !

There is no rule or law against a company making large contributions to a university. Nike originated with the University of Oregon track team. I would be disappointed in them for not making large contributions to the school.

Last edited:
I hope I'm wrong for the sake of college basketball, but it doesn't make much sense to warn the people you're supposedly going after. In fact, this "their going after everyone" is eerily similar to the situation when the UK fans were messing with that ref. --80/20 on this board were waiting for the other shoe to drop on their fan base.

These boards have become a hot bed of hot air and sometimes delusional thinking.

Here’s betting there is some huge news on the nike front inside of 2 weeks.

You my friend are right.....a little birdie told me that there is another school in this state being looked at hard and there is more to come out about a lot of schools and other brands.

All the jokesters will not be laughing and pointing fingers in the end and some other coaches may end up in the league when its all said and done.

College basketball is about to change big in the near future. Bank on it !

Western Kentucky is on their radar.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of college basketball, but it doesn't make much sense to warn the people you're supposedly going after. In fact, this "their going after everyone" is eerily similar to the situation when the UK fans were messing with that ref. --80/20 on this board were waiting for the other shoe to drop on their fan base.

These boards have become a hot bed of hot air and sometimes delusional thinking.

Unless, of course, they gathered enough evidence to get taps on places like Nike, EYBL, UK, Duke, KU, etc. and released the information to coax the big players to start making phone calls and panicing.

Guys the Nike schools that are being investigated are USC, Arizona and Oklahoma St.
Those are the schools who employed the coaches the fbi perp walked. If you don’t think that the fbi already has other schools - be they nike, adidas, ua or sketchers - in their sights, you weren’t paying attention to what the us attorney said in the presser.

Hell, they’ve probably thrown a sideways glance at big baller brand...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT