ADVERTISEMENT

Nickleberry In Transfer Portal

I think over time he could've become a sharpshooter and a fan favorite. But he came in and was behind a lot of guys. This year he was behind some good players and battled injuries. Still getting recruited over, so I understand why he may need to make a change.

Good luck Josh!

I wish Josh well wherever he ends up.

But this begs the question, does Mack have more guards coming in, are DJ or Carlik returning, or something else?

Because it seems the PT would be there for Josh next season. Otherwise unless DJ or Carlik is coming back or we get more transfers in, Cards will be very short-handed at guard again.

I think roster questions are going to linger for months. It will be quite a while until the portal traffic settles down and the dust clears.

I think roster questions are going to linger for months. It will be quite a while until the portal traffic settles down and the dust clears.
Amen, bro!

With this wise open transfer market it is hard to "assess" just about any roster right now.

Peace

I wish Josh well wherever he ends up.

But this begs the question, does Mack have more guards coming in, are DJ or Carlik returning, or something else?

Because it seems the PT would be there for Josh next season. Otherwise unless DJ or Carlik is coming back or we get more transfers in, Cards will be very short-handed at guard again.

I believe that either DJ or Carlik are returning. Just not sure which one.

It is no coincidence that Mack made staff changes, and Josh enters the transfer portal, and two recruits renounce their committments. Nickleberry's injuries account for a lot of his on-court struggles, but it does not explain his 3-point shooting woes when given quality minutes.

I thought Baylor and FSU provided Mack with the model he wants for UL; deep athletic rosters, where 4 of the 5 positions can drive to the hoop, as well as shoot the 3-pointer with equal confidence. Baylor executed flawlessly from start to finish; while FSU showed periods of the same brilliance, only to display inexplicable performances in the late season and tournament games where it evaporated. The loss to GT in the ACC finals raises serious questions as to Leonard's ability to coach that level of talent effectively.

Our 20-21 roster had some athleticism, but it lacked the sort of skill set to execute any consistent perimeter threat, and suspect that Mack is committed to making as much change as necessary to learn from the success he witnessed from the Baylor model. I can see these three (3) transfers coming in and immediately providing some of the missing ingredients we witnessed this past season.

Reactions: shadow force
It is no coincidence that Mack made staff changes, and Josh enters the transfer portal, and two recruits renounce their committments. Nickleberry's injuries account for a lot of his on-court struggles, but it does not explain his 3-point shooting woes when given quality minutes.

I thought Baylor and FSU provided Mack with the model he wants for UL; deep athletic rosters, where 4 of the 5 positions can drive to the hoop, as well as shoot the 3-pointer with equal confidence. Baylor executed flawlessly from start to finish; while FSU showed periods of the same brilliance, only to display inexplicable performances in the late season and tournament games where it evaporated. The loss to GT in the ACC finals raises serious questions as to Leonard's ability to coach that level of talent effectively.

Our 20-21 roster had some athleticism, but it lacked the sort of skill set to execute any consistent perimeter threat, and suspect that Mack is committed to making as much change as necessary to learn from the success he witnessed from the Baylor model. I can see these three (3) transfers coming in and immediately providing some of the missing ingredients we witnessed this past season.

FSU struggles showed what not having a real PG will get you. FSU is great when everything is going well and they are getting TOs, draining 3s, scoring in transition, and using their length to intimidate people but the lack of a PG usually comes out somewhere and you get these weird ugly performances where you have nobody to settle the offense down and make a play.

ADVERTISEMENT