ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Petrino Hired

Didn't Petrino's staff prove they weren't Acc caliber when they could not win any Acc games and got blown out in all but one?...
That's not the same narrative, proving they were NOT.

If you're making that connection--bad results and even worse coaches--the job is yours to prove that they were. And I'm helping you find the data points to make your case.

There could be any number of reasons why a team performs poorly besides coaching talent. U of L even had a unique explanation or two...

Again, what positions? Going from a coordinator's job to a quality control assistant, for example, ain't a lateral move...

All of the coaches that stayed at CU kept their same spots. The DC ad DL coach went to Kansas and kept for the same spot. The QB coach is at NC st as QB coach. Shadon Brown went from secondary coach/defensive passing game coordinator to safeties coach here.

I forgot your half baked questions...
Were you against Bobby’s firing? Were you against Satterfield’s hiring?

Nothing half-baked there. Just simple, straightforward, questions requiring only “Yes” or “no” answers. You may elaborate if you wish.

Were you against Bobby’s firing? Were you against Satterfield’s hiring?

Nothing half-baked there. Just simple, straightforward, questions requiring only “Yes” or “no” answers. You may elaborate if you wish.
To preface and reiterate, they're half baked because they have nothing to do with the issue of whether his ex-assistants could land on their feet. In that respect, they're OT for knuckles' thread...

In context, I was OK with Petrino's removal. That context included factors like fan support, momentum, etc. Am I convinced a coaching change on its own merits was necessary?...No. Petrino didn't suddenly forget how to coach, and lazy fanboy talk nothwithstanding, his coaches weren't garbage.

I thought from the beginning of Petrino 2.0 that a D-coordinator was always going to be an issue with his coaching. That wasn't going to improve with Jurich gone and "Vince" in a job he knows nothing about, overseeing the football program. (That's more context.) But to make matters worse, our supreme Fanboy pays Petrino his full $14 million buyout which puts more pressure on all of athletics. Not even Petrino's removal--which I just said I was OK with--was handled correctly.

Satterfield is TBD. In terms of fundamental coaching ability, he's probably the equal of Jeff Brohm who was his main competition. (Brohm would have been TBD as well, esp. with another $5+ million added to the cost.)

But here again is the problem with how things were handled. Instead of landing the new guy that (1) everyone wanted, (2) was the logical target, (3) would have helped preserve the fanbase the most, (4) would have helped recruiting the most, and (5) would have made winning football happen the fastest, "Vince" makes an unbelievable whiff on Brohm.

Your questions, therefore, distill down to a subject you and others don't wanna talk about anymore, the inadequacies of "Vince". The guy's in over his head and can't manage big dollar situations in athletics. That's really the issue--who manages it?--I have with changes like firing Petrino and hiring Satterfield. But you asked, and I'm simply providing answers that are OT for this thread. Now back to the subject...

Last edited:
To preface and reiterate, they're half baked because they have nothing to do with the issue of whether his ex-assistants could land on their feet. In that respect, they're OT for knuckles' thread...

In context, I was OK with Petrino's removal. That context included factors like fan support, momentum, etc. Am I convinced a coaching change on its own merits was necessary?...No. Petrino didn't suddenly forget how to coach, and lazy fanboy talk nothwithstanding, his coaches weren't garbage.

I thought from the beginning of Petrino 2.0 that a D-coordinator was always going to be an issue with his coaching. That wasn't going to improve with Jurich gone and "Vince" in a job he knows nothing about, overseeing the football program. (That's more context.) But to make matters worse, our supreme Fanboy pays Petrino his full $14 million buyout which puts more pressure on all of athletics. Not even Petrino's removal--which I just said I was OK with--was handled correctly.
Thanks for the answer.
You seem to be arguing that because most of the coaches from the prior staff found jobs, that there was nothing wrong with the coaching last year. I agree that Bobby didn’t forget how to coach, but he was clearly under the cloud of loss of TJ, Loss of his father, and according to rumors, loss of his marriage. The last loss would be especially difficult given the fact that his son and son in law were on staff. Frankly, Vince NQ did him a favor ( though not a fiscal favor to the department) by cutting him loose. I think Bobby re-emerges at some point as an OC or at a smaller school. I wish him luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT