ADVERTISEMENT

NFL QB's

racehorseowner

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 23, 2015
Louisville (Baltimore and New Orleans) and Oklahoma (Arizona and Cleveland) both have two NFL starting quarterbacks...or 12.5% of the NFL's starting QBs. Quite an achievement. Don't believe any other university has two starters but I am not sure. UL has always had terrific QB play going back to Hall of Famer Johnny Unitas in the 1950s.

Teddy is the highest paid back up in the league and chose to be a backup instead of being the starter for miami. seems like a smart choice. and new orleans paid him that much because teddy has always been a game manager and doesn't throw the game away. and if new orleans goes to the super it's 100% on teddy for getting them the higher playoff seed. my guess is he'll sign for $15 mil next year somewhere else. hopefullyl not washington

Houston has 2 with Kyle Allen at Panthers and Case Keenum now starting for Redskins. OU obviously has 2 with Murray at Arizona and Mayfield with Browns.

Teddy is the highest paid back up in the league and chose to be a backup instead of being the starter for miami. seems like a smart choice. and new orleans paid him that much because teddy has always been a game manager and doesn't throw the game away. and if new orleans goes to the super it's 100% on teddy for getting them the higher playoff seed. my guess is he'll sign for $15 mil next year somewhere else. hopefullyl not washington
I said this in another thread, Dallas should let Dak walk and go get Touchdown

I just want Teddy to continue to get some shine. We all know how great he is and I believe the Vikings screwed him over. I know Teddy is and should be a starter in this league.
Write it down if NO wins another Super Bowl, Brees will retire leaving Teddy to flourish under a great offensive mind in Sean Payton.
I just want Teddy to continue to get some shine. We all know how great he is and I believe the Vikings screwed him over. I know Teddy is and should be a starter in this league.

Doesn’t Wilson count as Wisconsin?
If anything, I would list both. Wilson spent 3 years at NC St. but decided he wanted to try baseball. O'Brien, the coach at NC St had reservations and wanted Russell to focus on football. Wilson decided to then continue football somewhere else. Had O’Brien been ok with the baseball, Wilson probably would have stayed with the Wolfpack. It wasn’t like he went to Oklahoma, Alabama or Clemson to win a NC.

NC State now has 4 starting QBs in the NFL as the Bengals have replaced Dalton with Ryan Finley. Also for more icing, Mike Glennon, a former Wolfpack QB is the backup to Carr for the Raiders.

Write it down if NO wins another Super Bowl, Brees will retire leaving Teddy to flourish under a great offensive mind in Sean Payton.
Why would Brees retire? He’s making too much money to leave. I’m worried that Teddy will be released just for financial reasons. Same thing that happened to Redman. CBA requires a minimum after a certain number of years and Teddy is already the most expensive backup in the league. They can’t afford to let starters go in free agency so they can keep a backup QB. Hope he lands somewhere where he has a chance to be the guy. Teddy’s in a tough spot. Even if he gets the chance, it’s likely a team will draft a young hotshot, sign Teddy as insurance and release him as soon as the young gun proves he can walk and chew gum at the same time. They’ll have so much $$ invested in him they’ll have to play him. Teddy gets released. Same thing just happened with Darnold and the Jets. TB was actually the better QB.

Reactions: jmac1029
Why would Brees retire? He’s making too much money to leave. I’m worried that Teddy will be released just for financial reasons. Same thing that happened to Redman. CBA requires a minimum after a certain number of years and Teddy is already the most expensive backup in the league. They can’t afford to let starters go in free agency so they can keep a backup QB. Hope he lands somewhere where he has a chance to be the guy. Teddy’s in a tough spot. Even if he gets the chance, it’s likely a team will draft a young hotshot, sign Teddy as insurance and release him as soon as the young gun proves he can walk and chew gum at the same time. They’ll have so much $$ invested in him they’ll have to play him. Teddy gets released. Same thing just happened with Darnold and the Jets. TB was actually the better QB.
Brees retires because if you haven’t heard by now, the longevity of a NFL QB is not very long without sustaining injuries, Brady, Manning and Brees are exceptions. Who wants to go out like Flacco, Rivers, Dalton, whose careers are starting to take nose dives. You can’t play forever. As Gene Simmons said, why not write your own ending. Get on that horse and ride out into the sunset... while you still can.

ADVERTISEMENT