ADVERTISEMENT

New threat to the Big XII...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
(...as if another one was needed.)

TEXIT!!

And a quick question for our rules experts... Does the NCAA have any bylaws about member institutions playing teams from foreign countries?

Is it possible to have an international conference?

Or just reorganize... The Big TexMex.

And a 2,000-mile trip to/from Morgantown, WV in each sport.

Reactions: cardstud1
From a legal stand point, it is my understanding the state of Texas is the only state that can secede as a member of the United States, but it's my opinion the majority of people will not want that. The people of Texas are very patriotic USA citizens, generally speaking of course.

Just playing what-if here... There would be a significant federal effort to penalize Texas, analogous to some of the rhetoric now in Europe. Most of that is OT for this forum.

But visualize all of the Big XII and SEC (aTm) schools in Texas kicked outta the NCAA. Maybe that's mandatory if they're located in a foreign country. That's small potatoes to the US, but that alone could kill the plan for Texans...

According to the NCAA's Wiki page, the NCAA already regulates athletics in Canada. So there's already a precedent for international membership.

Reading this, there are some of the same things said as was said in the 1760-70's.

Some wanted to leave the "Crown", some didn't. Some thought the ones who did were just malcontents who thought they were "too good".

But as the "Crown" became even more intrusive and demanding...the rebel numbers grew. The rest is history. And it may be repeating itself. As usual.

When you don't teach your children history, they are destined to repeat it.

Interesting times are coming. Be prepared.

Reactions: Cue Card
Reading this, there are some of the same things said as was said in the 1760-70's.

Some wanted to leave the "Crown", some didn't. Some thought the ones who did were just malcontents who thought they were "too good".

But as the "Crown" became even more intrusive and demanding...the rebel numbers grew. The rest is history. And it may be repeating itself. As usual.

When you don't teach your children history, they are destined to repeat it.

Interesting times are coming. Be prepared.

Quite True. Nothing to add.

I'll tell you guys the average Texan that was born and raised here believes and supports this movement. Now most educated Texans that has lived or been outside the state has understanding that it's just not so cut and dry. TX is a great state and it takes care of it's own. For instance they have the Hazel Wood Act-which says if you joined the US military as a resident of TX you can go to any public college or university for FREE! And that's not including using your G.I. Bill. Also, if you are a ward of the state and you get adopted you can go to school for FREE. This is an incentive to those looking to help get children out of the system.

Texas has it's fair share of issues as a state as well but there are plenty of things that they do that is right on the money! I think it would take something huge to get TX to leave the union. As I said the average Texan might want to leave but there isn't much thought into the process other than knowing that they can!

(...as if another one was needed.)

TEXIT!!

And a quick question for our rules experts... Does the NCAA have any bylaws about member institutions playing teams from foreign countries?

Is it possible to have an international conference?

Or just reorganize... The Big TexMex.

And a 2,000-mile trip to/from Morgantown, WV in each sport.

I wondered the same thing. B/B plays during the summer with pickups!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT